Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

There is still too much material between the pectoral and the shoulder. It looks to me like this is pretty much the same shirt the rest of us got, but somewhere along the line it was adjusted.

I think I could give mine the same look if I unglued the fabric from the neck cavity (where the cape sits), pulled it up tighter, then re-glued it. I'm just too chicken to try it. If I can convince SS to give me a replacement body (mine has a few flaws), I will try it before destroying the old one.

that would be very interesting to see and yes, these pics do have excess materiel - i agree. Just tucked up better... anyways looking at mine still leaves me awestruck (is that a word - not native english/us here) :p

He's so freakin' BIG!!! I've got no room for Batman. I need a whole different display case. Seeing how big Batman is makes me realize how ill prepared for the Gladiator Hulk I am. Anyway, Batman's armpits are good, paint looks good, overall an amazing awe inspiring piece. Only problem with mine is this annoying spot on his right knee. It looks like someone took a hot needle and made a small little "melted" looking spot there. I hate that it's on the knee that sticks out on this statue. I assume SS will say it's too minimal of a flaw to justify a return. I can live with it. I'll just consider it battle damage.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

He's so freakin' BIG!!! I've got no room for Batman. I need a whole different display case. Seeing how big Batman is makes me realize how ill prepared for the Gladiator Hulk I am. Anyway, Batman's armpits are good, paint looks good, overall an amazing awe inspiring piece. Only problem with mine is this annoying spot on his right knee. It looks like someone took a hot needle and made a small little "melted" looking spot there. I hate that it's on the knee that sticks out on this statue. I assume SS will say it's too minimal of a flaw to justify a return. I can live with it. I'll just consider it battle damage.

Can't hurt to send in the pics to see what they say. Mine has a few flaws that by themselves are pretty minor, but when you add them up are kind of annoying. I sent the pics, just waiting to hear back.

Last edited:

Anyone have a picture of it still in the box? I thought I saw one somewhere in here and can't find it now. Getting ready to move and need to pack it back up.

I took one just in case....here ya go Batman ppics 005.jpgBatman ppics 006.jpg

I thought about that, but I'd rather keep Iron Man there instead for two reasons: I want the line-up to be 'chromatically varied' to keep it a motley display, so I dont want the red of both him and Spidey together; and two, it's easier for me to reach for the Iron Man and switch it on in the corner. :lol

Also, I think its pose is more dramatic and befitting, :)

This alone is a god enough reason. :lol One of my favourite maquettes.

Will you be getting Iron Patriot?

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Found a use for the regular fist. Joker selfies.... OK it was raining and I was bored
satamybe.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

my Batman actually arrived last Friday but I was in SA so I finally got to open him up when I got back last night.Really a nice PF and already one of my Favorite's.I have to say the Cape is a work of art.Also got to finally read most the posts and see some of the great photo's everyone has posted.Always like to see those pro pics by risingstar and nice ones by Ondi.And Bruce's vid was cool.So congrats to everyone on an excellent Batman PF.Even better in hand.
I'll just toss a few pics up.My old 1meg just does'nt cut it.

Last edited:

I have to be honest... If my regular PF will have the armpit issue, I will return it. Don't get me wrong guys, I am happy that most of you enjoy Batman, but I know i would look at that saggy armpit every day and be slightly unhappy with the whole piece. Otherwise he looks great, but there are too many other statues coming out this year that I wanna get for me to overlook that.

Are there people who got their Batman without the armpit issue?

I have been seeing the armpit 'issue', the entire frenzy, and then things cooling off, to almost everyone (at SSF & SF) thinking that it is a great statue.

For me, the statue is a much bigger chunk to focus on rather than the small chunk (armpit). I wouldn't want to miss on him and regret later over something which I could have easily ignored.

Can't hurt to send in the pics to see what they say. Mine has a few flaws that by themselves are pretty minor, but when you add them up are kind of annoying. I sent the pics, just waiting to hear back.

Yeah, wouldn't hurt to send pics to SS and ask. The chest logo on mine is chipped a bit at the corner. It's not huge, but it's still noticeable from a fair distance. SS is sending me a replacement body.

images from immortalblade on the sf

batman13.jpg

batman9.jpg

batman8.jpg

batman7.jpg

batman4.jpg

Wow, mine looked like this as well on one side but not too this extent. This is just too much in those pics. I can deal with one side but both? And also the lower elbow section sagging.

I have been seeing the armpit 'issue', the entire frenzy, and then things cooling off, to almost everyone (at SSF & SF) thinking that it is a great statue.

For me, the statue is a much bigger chunk to focus on rather than the small chunk (armpit). I wouldn't want to miss on him and regret later over something which I could have easily ignored.

You are absolutely right that its a great statue, but I really don't know if the armpit issue won't make me regret it. It looks absolutely horrible on some pictures.
I think I will wait until I have it in hand and decide then. I mean, its Batman. He at least deserves the chance :)

Wow, mine looked like this as well on one side but not too this extent. This is just too much in those pics. I can deal with one side but both? And also the lower elbow section sagging.

I get mine Monday and I wouldn't mind getting one like that. I think it looks great like that! At least the bicep and pec definition is not obscured like the ones with the seam totally out of place.

You are absolutely right that its a great statue, but I really don't know if the armpit issue won't make me regret it. It looks absolutely horrible on some pictures.
I think I will wait until I have it in hand and decide then. I mean, its Batman. He at least deserves the chance :)
No just cancel now it's dreadful

Yeah, wouldn't hurt to send pics to SS and ask. The chest logo on mine is chipped a bit at the corner. It's not huge, but it's still noticeable from a fair distance. SS is sending me a replacement body.

That's encouraging for me. I have a snag on the left arm, a chip on the left glove, and a small puncture mark on the bat logo where the grey cloth shows through. I am hoping for a replacement body as well. Hopefully I hear back next week.

Back