Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yeah its a long haul to get to me do I hope it makes it in one piece. I know sideshow would make every effort to replace it but it would suck to have to wait for a replacement after already having waited so long for the state itself. Here's hoping ours make it safe and sound king :hi5:

It should be safe. I have never once had a problem with polystone breaking on a statue during shipment. That being said, someone is sending me a PF from halfway across the globe right now and I'm praying for its safe arrival. :pray: Everytime I order a statue I'm like "Oh no, what if...?" :lol As for Batman, I think they'll make the polystone on the cape very thick as to avoid breakage and it should be fine. :dunno Either way, SS will replace anything if something (unlikely) goes wrong during shipment.

It should be safe. I have never once had a problem with polystone breaking on a statue during shipment. That being said, someone is sending me a PF from halfway across the globe right now and I'm praying for its safe arrival. :pray: Everytime I order a statue I'm like "Oh no, what if...?" :lol As for Batman, I think they'll make the polystone on the cape very thick as to avoid breakage and it should be fine. :dunno Either way, SS will replace anything if something (unlikely) goes wrong during shipment.

Way back I got my ringwraith on steed from usa to denmark - seller was a little hesitant but I wanted it and it survived. So it can be done ;)

Thanks for all the reassurance in regards to shipping guys. Good to hear that the majority of the time things arrive in one peace.

I can chuck a vid on my channel if you like showing u the packing beast - all their stuff has custom made styrofoam packing put inside a nice pretty box which is then put inside a boring, brown shipping box. The brown shipping box takes all the hits in transit and that minimises damage on the nice pretty box.

I can chuck a vid on my channel if you like showing u the packing beast - all their stuff has custom made styrofoam packing put inside a nice pretty box which is then put inside a boring, brown shipping box. The brown shipping box takes all the hits in transit and that minimises damage on the nice pretty box.

You have a wonderful way with words sir. You had me at nice pretty box :1-1: Geez I need a new statue to open pronto!! :panic:

If you want and have the time sure but no worries if you don't. Maybe do an unboxing when your joker PF comes in.

Yeah along with everything else :panic: No I'd rather let them take time to get QC issues squared away for a change.

There are too many statues of Batman on a gargoyle:

Statue-BatmanWall-Kotobukiya1.jpg

batman_statue.jpg

batman_statue_by_force2reckon-d30iiu4.jpg

41-U-7mX8PL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

batman_statue_by_alterton-d4d9uzs.jpg

4ea0aea6-d07a-4ffd-b0e1-f88ed2378fc5.jpg

There are too many statues of Batman on a gargoyle

Correction JB..... there are too few amazing statues of Batman on a Gargoyle. Get it straight.:nana::lecture:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Correction JB..... there are too few amazing statues of Batman on a Gargoyle. Get it straight.:nana::lecture:lol

I suppose it's a matter of opinion whether there are too few or too many, but it's a matter of fact that a statue with Batman on a gargoyle is unoriginal since it's been done so many times before.

On the other hand, it's a matter of opinion that the SSC version is the best of the lot. At least that's my opinion.

But it's still unoriginal.

:nana::lecture:lol

I suppose it's a matter of opinion whether there are too few or too many, but it's a matter of fact that a statue with Batman on a gargoyle is unoriginal since it's been done so many times before.

On the other hand, it's a matter of opinion that the SSC version is the best of the lot. At least that's my opinion.

But it's still unoriginal.

:nana::lecture:lol

It is however the first time Sideshow has done a Batman so I think they deserve a pass on this one. They have a right to produce the Gargoyle pose too once. Now if they continue to regurgitate the gargoyle theme then yes unacceptable. That is also a matter of opinion I suppose. The gargoyle them is however a very closely related theme with Batman and suits his goth/ dark personality within Gotham. I can't think of a better 1st statue to begin with. Also a matter of opinion but hey that what these boards are all about right? Cheers!:1-1:

It is however the first time Sideshow has done a Batman so I think they deserve a pass on this one. They have a right to produce the Gargoyle pose too once. Now if they continue to regurgitate the gargoyle theme then yes unacceptable. That is also a matter of opinion I suppose. The gargoyle them is however a very closely related theme with Batman and suits his goth/ dark personality within Gotham. I can't think of a better 1st statue to begin with. Also a matter of opinion but hey that what these boards are all about right? Cheers!:1-1:

:exactly: if he was on a rock it would be weird imo. Gargoyles are cool

How many of you are overlooking the fact that Batman's cape looks terrible on the right side? Im really trying to figure out why it is shaped that way and still i cant...not even the wind could create such a gust from underneath his cape. Such a beautiful piece is let down by the cape :( :slap:mad:

How many of you are overlooking the fact that Batman's cape looks terrible on the right side? Im really trying to figure out why it is shaped that way and still i cant...not even the wind could create such a gust from underneath his cape. Such a beautiful piece is let down by the cape :( :slap:mad:

Actually it could. And the Cape is not a let down. The capes are like an extension of the hero and like the Jim Lee Posters the capes are minds of thier own. Placed next to Sups, they will have and angry cape... Bats and have a free flowing smooth cape like freedom.... Sups. I like it. To each his own.

I love the boxes they always look awesome. Sometimes when I watch some vids on you tube I am more excited about the box than the statue itself :rotfl

Back