Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Be interesting to see how they sculpt his cape if so. My Batman vs Killer Croc dio cape is sculpted and it looks thick as it is. But at 1:4 scale, I wonder if it will be fragile or odd looking, especially against his fabric uniform.

From a few pages back...

So....it's been confirmed Batman's cape will be sculpted...

"BB There is no hard and fast rule. The playbook is still fairly open about what the interpretations rules are in regards to how much fabric or how little to use and I think even more its come down to a design and execution oriented point of view of what’s going to look best for the character. In cases where the most iconic art for the character shows a tonne of anatomy through the costume, it would be tough to match that through fabric. In Gambit’s case you have so much of his anatomy drawn on to a guy who appears to be wearing an armoured, non-spandex kind of costume, so to do that justice our design team decided to go sculptural. The trench coat still gives us plenty of opportunity to do fun stuff with the tailoring and the posability. At the same time discussions are made in the opposite way too.

The Batman Premium Format piece goes in the other direction. I’ll let the photos of that, when they show up, tell the story for that, but there is plenty of anatomy but plenty of fabric as well. Traditionally we’ve done fabric capes, even when the body is sculpted, but we went in the opposite direction for this go around.

DMM So it’s a sculpted cape?

BB The cape is sculpted."

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/Conversation-SSC.asp

Surely if the cape is sculpted then the rest of the suit will be likewise? Have to say I'm disappointed given the tailoring on the Joker's outfit :(

Surely if the cape is sculpted then the rest of the suit will be likewise? Have to say I'm disappointed given the tailoring on the Joker's outfit :(

It'll probably be like the Thor PF where the cape is sculpted but the suit is fabric.

A sculpted cape is going to mean a lot of broken capes. They'll reconsider long before this comes out.

i like that its gonna be a sculpted cape...otherwise, the whole freakin statue is gonna be cloth and that is gonna suck.

When do you guys think they're gonna release this thing? With TDKR coming out this summer should we anticipate a pre or post summer release? I feel like they wouldn't wanna release it too close to their movie statues...

Back