Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Without a doubt. I love my Joker PF. It's an amazing looking PF and would look fantastic paired up with Bats.

How does the costume look? I was afraid he might look too much like a doll because of the full fabric suit

Yeah, a new Aparo/Adams styled PF would be the way to go with a blue Bats costume. This PF is way too bulky for a 70s styled Bat suit. That's why I think they should paint the current PF blue and just add a Lee head sculpt to it. This PFs body type works perfectly for a Lee Bats. IMO, an Aparo/Adams 70s bat suit deserves an all new sculpt with a slimmer more athletic looking Bats.

Agreed a bit slimmer like Aparo's art would be the way to go but they should keep him in scale with the trinity. :lol Don't want sideshow mucking up my display plans

How does the costume look? I was afraid he might look too much like a doll because of the full fabric suit

You are talking to a dude who LOVES fully sculpted pieces. There are a lot of PFs that I think look hideous because of the cloth used on them (Colossus, Wolverine, and Sabretooth PFs to name a few). I must say though, most of the pieces I didn't like were instances where the character had a spandex type costume. With the Joker it's completely different. He's wearing a suit. SSC did a fantastic job of capturing his look. I think the Joker PF and the original Red Skull PF are amazing examples of what SSC can do with mixed media. I even think they have come a long way with spandex costumes. The materials chosen for the Bats and Supes PF are nothing short of stellar. As much as I LOVE the character of Batman, I would have passed on the PF in a heartbeat if his costume would have looked anything like the Sabretooth, Wolverine, or Colossus PFs. SSC has come a long way with their cloth PFs. The Joker is nothing short of awesome in my book. The sculpt, paint apps, and tailoring are top notch.

Just to give you an idea of what they look like together
6u8e4yva.jpg

ok guys, call me crazy, but I'm in the minority here about the joker statue..I owned it, sold it, and Im actually re-purchasing it again now that I'm getting my bats ex…however Im getting the custom head, probably the custom mallet and will do SOME type of repainting to the EX head, just have no idea what yet…as is there was always something a little bit off to me about the joker piece (again ik I'm in the minority here). the EX head always looked weird to me and just didn't have the right expression, and i think the hands/knife/cane just seemed off as well…the reg head looked very good to me, and the pose and everything else was on point..i loved the base…again just my thoughts though..i can't wait to get mine fully customized as ik it will look beyond fantastic and that it and my custom bats ail be my two "grails" if you will.

Thanks for the info dudes. Your opinions really helped my brain with this hard decision. If I think about what I'm going to do for too long it gives me a headache and I need to calm my nerves. I'll try to pick up a regular since I don't care for the EX head all that much.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Yeah new Batman PF needs a new sculpt. None of this rehash ****. Some characters I don't give a **** about like Baroness or Ivy but The Bat needs one. That'd be epic for real

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Honestly, I had him, but had to sell him, but I haven't missed him for even a second. I tried for awhile to figure out why I didn't love it, but in the end it came down to not being able to see more of the sculpt. The tailoring on it is amazing, but it just feels to much like a tall Joker doll. If the Batman PF had had a fabric cap I would never have bought him. The Sculpted cape pushes Batman past the doll line IMHO. Now I am not knocking the Joke, just that it wasn't for me. Can you see it in person before you buy it?? That almost always helps.

ok guys, call me crazy, but I'm in the minority here about the joker statue..I owned it, sold it, and Im actually re-purchasing it again now that I'm getting my bats ex…however Im getting the custom head, probably the custom mallet and will do SOME type of repainting to the EX head, just have no idea what yet…as is there was always something a little bit off to me about the joker piece (again ik I'm in the minority here). the EX head always looked weird to me and just didn't have the right expression, and i think the hands/knife/cane just seemed off as well…the reg head looked very good to me, and the pose and everything else was on point..i loved the base…again just my thoughts though..i can't wait to get mine fully customized as ik it will look beyond fantastic and that it and my custom bats ail be my two "grails" if you will.

Not crazy.... You just now what you want, and didn't feel the hype.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Yeah new Batman PF needs a new sculpt. None of this rehash ****. Some characters I don't give a **** about like Baroness or Ivy but The Bat needs one. That'd be epic for real

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

If they revisited and did an Aparo/Adams heads I think it could look amazing.

Blue version but different pose please...

Honestly, I had him, but had to sell him, but I haven't missed him for even a second. I tried for awhile to figure out why I didn't love it, but in the end it came down to not being able to see more of the sculpt. The tailoring on it is amazing, but it just feels to much like a tall Joker doll. If the Batman PF had had a fabric cap I would never have bought him. The Sculpted cape pushes Batman past the doll line IMHO. Now I am not knocking the Joke, just that it wasn't for me. Can you see it in person before you buy it?? That almost always helps.

Not crazy.... You just now what you want, and didn't feel the hype.

It's cool to know I want the only one. Joker was one of first pfs. I never loved him from the start. I loved the sculpted parts but didn't like mixed media.... I still prefer fully sculpted. Once I started to get more pieces, joker underwhelmed me more and more. I just sold mine a couple weeks ago, and I feel much better about my collection now lol. I just think it was missing some dynamicism. Personally, I don't even think he displays with bats that well because of the pose. It's too bad because the sculpt and tAiloring were top notch.

I don't know what to do now man. Some guys say it's cool, some guys say it's not. It's a dark tunnel with different directions.

I don't know what to do now man. Some guys say it's cool, some guys say it's not. It's a dark tunnel with different directions.

Sorry to confuse you :)

The statue is fantastic if you like Mixed Media. The craftsmanship is through the roof on the base and everything. I personally like action oriented statues more than still poses. If you can fins it for close to retail, then I say go for it. I posted some pics on my gallery thread, if you want to see details closeup that aren't sideshow "glamour shots"

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?140064-ButtTornado-s-Collection-Thread!

Sorry to confuse you :)

The statue is fantastic if you like Mixed Media. The craftsmanship is through the roof on the base and everything. I personally like action oriented statues more than still poses. If you can fins it for close to retail, then I say go for it. I posted some pics on my gallery thread, if you want to see details closeup that aren't sideshow "glamour shots"

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?140064-ButtTornado-s-Collection-Thread!

Must have missed that Batman/Ninja Turtles cross over when I was a kid :lol

Back