Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Wish we can get a close up view on how the costume was stitched/ glued on the proto. Might give some idea on how to fix it, they way it suppose to have come out.

I guess the easiest is following Madx tip no 2. Use a gray string and wrap around and tighten it and manually just tie it in the back area... Anyone tried it?

RobertoBaggio did it, and it looks good. A few other people have done a similar fix with a clear rubber band.

I am most interested in the "ungluing, pulling tight, and re-gluing" fix. I am just hesitant to do it for fear of wrecking it. Not sure what kind of glue to use either.

It seems like what you see is what you get. The odd one seems to have the fabric tucked up in the pits a bit better than the others, but 90% of them seem to have the pit issue (which is much less noticeable in hand).

Yep. Some do look better than others but most of the ones I have seen pics of have the pit issues. I also agree that it isn't as bad in hand. However, there is no denying it's there and that the PF would look better if it looked more like the prototype. Overall though, I must say I'm really happy with my Bats PF and I'm not even a fan of cloth costumes at all. Even with the pit issues, this one is very close to perfect in my book.

That looks real good. Where do you get those clear rubber bands at and do they have all sizes like those small enough to hold a gun in an action figure's hand?

I found a bag of them in a beauty supply store. The bag had several color and clear bands. The clear ones were all small but were perfect for the job.

Yes they are perfect for securing a gun to an action figures hand. They are the same as the ones that secured the Star Wars action figures guns in their hands in their packaging.

It will be a while before my regular PF arrives from Forbidden Planet UK. When it does arrive, I really hope the costume around the armpits looks ok, because I'm not sure if I'm prepared to use rubber bands or thin thread to tighten it up like a lot of people have successfully done here. I would be worried about it cutting into the costume over time :(

The bands I used did not have a lot of tension, just enough to snug the fabric so that the bicep and pec definition is not obscured and to eliminate that "web" look at the arm pits somewhat, especially the left arm. They are not very tight so there is not enough tension to cause any tearing, cutting or damage to the stitching or fabric. It's a safe fix. I'm just glad that the piece I received had the seams running across the shoulders and under the arm pits so that I had no issue placing the bands directly over them. I have seen some posted pics where the seams are actually running across the biceps, (predominantly the right arm), those would need more of a fix.

Good news got an e-mail from SS saying they are sending me a replacement body. Then to send them the damaged one back. So I am pretty happy, good luck to everyone else that needs a replacement.

#969 has landed. The comic Batman PF saga has ended for me. Just in time to start the '89 Batman PF saga. Never ends!

Mine is scheduled to arrive next week, but unfortunately once it comes I have to let it go since I'm basically homeless right now (in between residences) and have no way to keep it or store it or transport it. I'm hoping I can at least get a regular down the road, maybe for even slightly cheaper since there will be so many of them. I really wanted the ex, but I know just having a batman premium format will be enough, at least that's what I'm telling myself :)

Mine is scheduled to arrive next week, but unfortunately once it comes I have to let it go since I'm basically homeless right now (in between residences) and have no way to keep it or store it or transport it. I'm hoping I can at least get a regular down the road, maybe for even slightly cheaper since there will be so many of them. I really wanted the ex, but I know just having a batman premium format will be enough, at least that's what I'm telling myself :)

Where are you? I'm moving after next month as well but I'd gladly hold it so you can keep it.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Right now I'm in FL, all my "stuff" is in CA in storage.

I'm in deerfield beach, Fl. If you can get to me I'll hold it. I'm set to move on 3/10, so if you think you can pick him up before then and don't mind him sitting in my closet just message me.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

What's the biggest issue on this (other than the pits)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the pits? Probably how it's a bit wobbly and the paint blemishes on various heads. Other than the odd pouch on the belt being upside down and one or two shattered capes, it's been fairly smooth sailing.

Just got mine today. It's either 148 or 168. All I can say is I friggin love it. I was gonna use the turned to the side head and thought the front facing looked terrible from pics but when I popped on front facing, that's all I wanna use. Oddly enough it seems my batarang pit is more droopy than the empty one which looks to be opposite from everyone else?

Either way I am so glad I got this guy and well worth the wait.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Other than the pits? Probably how it's a bit wobbly and the paint blemishes on various heads. Other than the odd pouch on the belt being upside down and one or two shattered capes, it's been fairly smooth sailing.
The wobbly issue is what has me concerned. From watching the YouTube review from batmanfan74, it looks like it could tip very easily if you're not careful.

Back