Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

If this gets pushed further I may just cancelled sell Joker and move on. Life's other priorities are calling. I'm sure there'll be other Batman (cq) items down the road.

If this comes in November I will be shocked.

Yeah Chin I'm not feelin November either

If this gets pushed further I may just cancelled sell Joker and move on. Life's other priorities are calling. I'm sure there'll be other Batman (cq) items down the road.

:mad: No way man. If I'm not cancelling then neither are you!! :nana:

'Hype' on this piece (for me anyway) is all but out the window at the moment :rip

True, I wish I knew. Curiosity and all. Would be interested in a video of the factory process and what is easy and what is quick to make.

Ya know nem, as long as this guy has taken they could do something for those hanging on here by a thread.... Literally. Lol. Give us some factory teases or anything. Throw us who have been waiting day one for this something. Perk this thread up a bit. Geez. Talk about depressing. :monkey2

'Hype' on this piece (for me anyway) is all but out the window at the moment :rip

:lecture :exactly: Let's see what happens in Nov, hopefully we'll get him or at the very least some word from SS. Something.....

If I were to go for smaller scale (and maybe a smaller price) I'd almost be doing myself a favor.

Ya know nem, as long as this guy has taken they could do something for those hanging on here by a thread.... Literally. Lol. Give us some factory teases or anything. Throw us who have been waiting day one for this something. Perk this thread up a bit. Geez. Talk about depressing. :monkey2

I agree 100%

SS should do things like Koto has done with their Avengers Hulk. A little tease goes a long way :)

Well the Batman Pf threads I have read at some point mention how this process of continual delays vs no information (throw in product changes after NRD to boot) is distancing good customers away from SS. With this piece I am certainly feeling it.

:lecture :exactly: Let's see what happens in Nov, hopefully we'll get him or at the very least some word from SS. Something.....

If I were to go for smaller scale (and maybe a smaller price) I'd almost be doing myself a favor.

:1-1:

Do we have any twitterers that can hit them up for some info?!

I have to admit the wait for batman has been pretty damn ridiculous. I'm a bit more patient than others cuz I like spreading out my purchases these days but damn...what is the deal?

:exactly::goodpost: In over their heads with these idiotic edition sizes. That's what's taking so long. They've got 9500 of these to crank out and Batman hasn't sold out in a year and a half yet...? :slap Maybe SS should concentrate on getting it's QUALITY back instead of thinking they're going to be able to jack up prices, lower QC and raise the ES to levels that there is no point in paying retail for. He will be far cheaper on the aftermarket soon enough as is any statue in time with an ES of 5000 or more. *waits for the SS sheep to attack me* :lecture:lol

:exactly::goodpost: In over their heads with these idiotic edition sizes. That's what's taking so long. They've got 9500 of these to crank out and Batman hasn't sold out in a year and a half yet...? :slap Maybe SS should concentrate on getting it's QUALITY back instead of thinking they're going to be able to jack up prices, lower QC and raise the ES to levels that there is no point in paying retail for. He will be far cheaper on the aftermarket soon enough as is any statue in time with an ES of 5000 or more. *waits for the SS sheep to attack me* :lecture:lol

I think they've all tuned you out by now :lol

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that it is Batman. Seriously if they cannot even crank out the most popular DC character with decent timing then it gives me very little faith in this license as a whole. It shouldn't take a decade for me to have a handful of DC characters I like. I'll probably have grandchildren before Shazam PF comes out.

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that it is Batman. Seriously if they cannot even crank out the most popular DC character with decent timing then it gives me very little faith in this license as a whole. It shouldn't take a decade for me to have a handful of DC characters I like. I'll probably have grandchildren before Shazam PF comes out.

I think you said it best...this is Batman, DC's most popular character. As such, the demand for him is huge. I'm talking ES of 9500 total pieces huge. Only Superman and probably Wonder Woman will have anywhere near as large an ES. The high demand (and thus huge ES) are the reasons for the delays. After the Trinity are eventually cranked out, I would expect smaller demand and edition sizes on the other DC characters. I would think that things will move more quickly then.

As far as the Batman PF is concerned, I want it on my display shelves badly. However, I'm willing to wait for it so long as QC doesn't turn out to be an issue on the piece. That is actually how I feel about any statue I purchase.

I think you said it best...this is Batman, DC's most popular character. As such, the demand for him is huge. I'm talking ES of 9500 total pieces huge. Only Superman and probably Wonder Woman will have anywhere near as large an ES. The high demand (and thus huge ES) are the reasons for the delays. After the Trinity are eventually cranked out, I would expect smaller demand and edition sizes on the other DC characters. I would think that things will move more quickly then.

As far as the Batman PF is concerned, I want it on my display shelves badly. However, I'm willing to wait for it so long as QC doesn't turn out to be an issue on the piece. That is actually how I feel about any statue I purchase.

Yeah I agree , I can't stress enough how very important it is that it comes out flawless, especially for collectors who are just starting out and giving Sideshow a shot at showing the people what quality products they produce. Call me crazy but a lot is riding on the Batman PF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would be inclined to agree with you guys if history actually backed up the claims, but as far as I can tell it hasn't. The big pieces with large ES that get delayed multiple times do not actually seem to come out any better or have less QC issues. Hell a lot of the small ES runs recently have had awful QC while some of the large runs have had awful QC too. It just seems completely random.

I think the delay is purely because it takes awhile to make nearly ten thousand statues of something. I honestly do not think it has anything to do with quality control. I have a feeling they throw these into boxes without doing much of a checkup just like they do with all their statues. It seems to be completely luck whether or not someone gets a good statue now.

You shouldn't have to pray for a problem free product when spending four hundred dollars on the most niche of a niche market.

The big pieces with large ES that get delayed multiple times do not actually seem to come out any better or have less QC issues. [...]

I think the delay is purely because it takes awhile to make nearly ten thousand statues of something. I honestly do not think it has anything to do with quality control. I have a feeling they throw these into boxes without doing much of a checkup just like they do with all their statues. It seems to be completely luck whether or not someone gets a good statue now.

Quoted for truth.

Back