Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I looked at this closley and they are very different, could be a movie based COH with a comic based one. the second pic looks very comic based to me, as the first looks like it was based on a person.

Thinking the same here. I hope they do a Blue Variant down the road.(like the red hulk) because Jim Lee style is always blue.

I always preferred the black cowl as that was what was originally intended, not saying I dislike the blue but just prefer the black, however if they did two PF's I might be forced to get both. On a side not though if they're going to do the Blue then I'd suggest they go with the yellow oval to complete that classic "Infantino" look.

JIM LEE BLUE FTW

03+JLA-Z+1+of+3-05.JPG

No thanks. There are about 20 different artists that in my mind are more important in Bat-history than Lee. My ideal choice would be a Neal Adams style, though I don't see that happening. We'll probably get Hughes or Olivetti styled versions one of these days :monkey4

You kids nowadays and your wacky artists.

SSC tends to do pretty artist non-specific statues in most cases, though, and based on what we've seen I'm guessing that will be the case here, which is probably for the best. Maybe the Alex Ross inspired look that went into some of their Marvel comic PFs would be a compromise most would be happy with.

I want to see a Sideshow Batman. I don't want 3D renderings of 2D art.

I don't care which artists they draw inspiration from, I just want to see something original.

I was wondering how you guys feel about the batarang in the sideshow picture? I can't make up my mind about it it looks a little strange to me the way it is like three pieces put together. Unlike most batarangs that are one solid piece of metal and also that it is gold I like black or sliver better. Let me hear your opinions about it I am interested to know what everyone else thinks.

I was wondering how you guys feel about the batarang in the sideshow picture? I can't make up my mind about it it looks a little strange to me the way it is like three pieces put together. Unlike most batarangs that are one solid piece of metal and also that it is gold I like black or sliver better. Let me hear your opinions about it I am interested to know what everyone else thinks.

I don't mind the design because it reminds me of this a bit

AC_Batarang.jpg

But you're right about the color, I'd have preferred a steel look

I don't mind the design because it reminds me of this a bit

AC_Batarang.jpg

But you're right about the color, I'd have preferred a steel look

Yea me too I hope it will have a other batarang with a different color to choose from or else I think I will repaint it myself.

I dunno:dunno, I am kinda digging it. The rang to me lends itself to a high tech material (gold or bronze in color) that maybe can't be altered or painted which is why it flies so well. That's the stance I am taking anyway. I think the color will pop on black. But I just may loose my right to post on here because of my statements.... Never know:horror

I dunno:dunno, I am kinda digging it. The rang to me lends itself to a high tech material (gold or bronze in color) that maybe can't be altered or painted which is why it flies so well. That's the stance I am taking anyway. I think the color will pop on black. But I just may loose my right to post on here because of my statements.... Never know:horror

I can understand that I hope it does look good with the black and that I am not over thinking things I will wait for the revel to make my final decision.

Well Black or Blue i m getting Every Batman PF or Comi which Sideshow will release

I can understand that I hope it does look good with the black and that I am not over thinking things I will wait for the revel to make my final decision.

The thing could be pink and I wouldn't care, we're getting the 1/4 Batman we have always wanted!!!:yess:

Well Black or Blue i m getting Every Batman PF or Comi which Sideshow will release

DHAVAL I agree with you very much I will be getting anything batman sideshow releases as long as I can afford it :lol and Jim Lee is one of my favorite artist so if they did Jim Lee batman that is a win win for me. :hi5:

DHAVAL I agree with you very much I will be getting anything batman sideshow releases as long as I can afford it :lol and Jim Lee is one of my favorite artist so if they did Jim Lee batman that is a win win for me. :hi5:

dont worry abt affordable thing coz i have seen most of the releases got delayed way too much delayed..... I have all-most pumped up money for 6 statues in a May month... none of them released yet all get delayed & separated. they will make Jim Lee Batman for sure

No thanks. There are about 20 different artists that in my mind are more important in Bat-history than Lee. My ideal choice would be a Neal Adams style, though I don't see that happening. We'll probably get Hughes or Olivetti styled versions one of these days :monkey4

You kids nowadays and your wacky artists.

SSC tends to do pretty artist non-specific statues in most cases, though, and based on what we've seen I'm guessing that will be the case here, which is probably for the best. Maybe the Alex Ross inspired look that went into some of their Marvel comic PFs would be a compromise most would be happy with.

I like Lee's art for the detail. He's just good. But those weird Jim Lee torso proporions can stay off of any statue. Plus it's true, SS is non-specific or pulls from several artists in most cases, unless they're up front with it like Olivetti, Hughs, etc, their normal go-to artists.

But even the "Jim Lee" X-Men PFs don't look like Jim Lee. Probably for the best. I remember Joker PF when everyone was like "Jim Lee Joker FTW!!" and it looked nothing like his Joker. People put his name to anything.

:clap:goodpost::yess: I'm right there with you bro

Hell i would much rather see Neal Adams, David Mazuchelli or Brian Bolland i am fed up with seeing Jim Lee's Batman.I would love to see Bernie Wrightson or Simon Bizley complete with impossibly large cape.How cool would a PF of Kelly Jones's Batman look.

Back