Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I have do disagree guys, I like the look and think it will be a nice alternative to the "normal" cowl. My opinion of course not meant to offend.:peace

I have to start this by saying that I LOVE this statue and can not wait to get my EX!

Oh we ALL know what this line was meant to do... But it won't work I tell you it just won't work... I have a new sense of purpose and WILL!!!! :nana::pfft::thwak

:wink1:

But I just have to mention that that the more I see the short ears head, the more it bothers me. I think it's the way the cowl is shaped around the nose, It looks like a beak and I can't help but think Hawkman every time I see it. Anyone else feel that? I think I will be displaying the long ears head... I guess that's what happens when we have sooooo loooong to wait!

Actually I am the exact opposite, I like it more and more. I just think it has a sensibility that appeals more to me... But different strokes..:hi5:

I have do disagree guys, I like the look and think it will be a nice alternative to the "normal" cowl. My opinion of course not meant to offend.:peace

This statue is going to have SO MANY DISPLAY OPTIONS my mind is going :yess: one moment and :horror the next...lol

Don't like the long eared cowl. Don't really like the cowl SSC is giving us either. The cowls on the DCD MQ Batman statues are far better. IMO.

Oh we ALL know what this line was meant to do... But it won't work I tell you it just won't work... I have a new sense of purpose and WILL!!!! :nana::pfft::thwak

LOL! That's funny Spidey, Honestly I didnt mean that like that, I've given you enough grief :1-1:

LOL! That's funny Spidey, Honestly I didnt mean that like that, I've given you enough grief :1-1:

Lol nah it is all good... I was just kidding... Either way you cut it we will BOTH have this statue in our collections :1-1:

Less talks more Batty.

The more and more I look at this the more I think I might be a short ears kind of man.
There is just something so damn classic with the chin on this bad boy.

This is the way I'm displaying my Bats when he shows up. I love the menacing/mean look. It just looks like he's about to kick some major @ss.

This is the way I'm displaying my Bats when he shows up. I love the menacing/mean look. It just looks like he's about to kick some major @ss.

:hi5:

Don't like the long eared cowl. Don't really like the cowl SSC is giving us either. The cowls on the DCD MQ Batman statues are far better. IMO.

Well you are totally allowed to like that one better, I personally disagree with the FAR better part. I just think they look different.

Are you getting it anyway JB?

Of course I am! :lol

It's not perfect none of them are (though the Superman stuff I've seen from SSC comes REALLY close!), but it's really nice and it's BATMAN!

Also these were posted by a Martin Canale with the following quote that I can only assume is from Andy.

"Also Here I want to share My Personal Version for the Long ears Batman Head, I want to Be Clear that It was Made by Myself just because I really love Batman with Long ears Style and like Sideshow decided to have a totally different style for the alternate portrait, to give the customer more variety with the 2nd head, they request us the Short ears version and Master Bergholtz Sculpted the Longer ears one for this piece. So I want to be Clear that It was not rejected by Sideshow or similar Issues
Hope you like it."

"A Martin Canale"? Are you serious about that, Spidey? Canale is, like, one of the greatest sculptors out there. And this is actually his headsculpt. The longer-eared sculpt that we're also getting is the one that Andy Bergholtz did, not this one.

Also, why would Andy be talking about some other "Master Bergholtz"?

"A Martin Canale"? Are you serious about that, Spidey? Canale is, like, one of the greatest sculptors out there. And this is actually his headsculpt. The longer-eared sculpt that we're also getting is the one that Andy Bergholtz did, not this one.

Also, why would Andy be talking about some other "Master Bergholtz"?

AWESOME!!! I love learning. I thought Andy sculpted this. Though I am sorry I am JUST getting into the hobby and I haven't had a chance to really learn the names if all the sculptors. It is a goal, by with only 5 months under my belt I am just not there yet. I may be 2000 posts in but I am still learning. So thank you I will find more of his work!!!

Edit: ****ING HELL I just googled Martins work... Hulk com, Spideman Com, Skaar!!!!!!! ****er I have go spend some SERIOUS time on the computer researching him. The WIP pics I saw were an AMAZING backstage pass.

Shoo THANK YOU SO MUCH!! For calling me on my newbness it opened an awesome door

Last edited:

Shoo THANK YOU SO MUCH!! For calling me on my newbness it opened an awesome door

Lol, you post so much that I see you as a regular —which you actually are— and forgot you've only been here for five months. That's why your comment struck me as odd. ^_^ ;-)

Last edited:

On the SSC website, on each item under "Specs", they list artist and sculptor.

Back