Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed this today. Has anyone had this happened to his or her bats?

35607611341_0bfc10bbbc_c.jpg

Any tip on how to fix/restore?

Yeah, I saw a couple of really bad ones like this on facebook recently. The only one I saw that was fixed had removed that top layer of pleather and then repainted it black. This seems very similar to the Raiders pf jacket flaking issue. This is one of the reasons I prefer fully sculpted pieces these days. I hope you get it sorted out somehow.

I just noticed this today. Has anyone had this happened to his or her bats?

Any tip on how to fix/restore?

Sorry to see this, buddy. But it seems that the pleather's starting to lose its integrity. Agreed with stingray regarding humidity, pleather cracking/drying; and that sharpie could help as a band-aid solution, but if those are tiny air bubbles I see near the part that's already peeled off, that could mean that the pleather's started to become more fragile.

This is one of the reasons I prefer fully sculpted pieces these days.

Same here. While I love the extra appeal mixed-media offers to these figures, it's really hard to maintain them (particularly those with pleather) when living in a humid tropic country. Rainy season which is a good 4-5 months is the worst. At the moment I only have BvS Regular suit Batfleck with pleather cape, but at least the figure is fully-sculpted.

By the way guys if anyone has a damaged head for the Blue Modern Batman I have a guy who would repair it for free. I may even be able to throw in a custom head based on the head above for a damn good price. We need to match the blue, and I only have the black.

As a matter of fact... I just dropped my Neal Adams portrait...

That's why I only buy fully sculpted statues as well. I only have maybe 3 statues with mixed media ...and that's just capes or small accessories.

Hopefully SSC can be champions and help you out. Good luck, wlvn.

All my mixed media looks like the day a China man put it together on the sweat shop floor. If it looks good with mixed media I buy it, if it looks good fully sculpted I buy it. Now I might think otherwise if I lived in a hot climate without air conditioning. However if I didn't have AC I would prob sell my collectibles to buy AC. I like my AC.

All my mixed media looks like the day a China man put it together on the sweat shop floor. If it looks good with mixed media I buy it, if it looks good fully sculpted I buy it. Now I might think otherwise if I lived in a hot climate without air conditioning. However if I didn't have AC I would prob sell my collectibles to buy AC. I like my AC.

I love me my AC to m8... I don't think I could take most Toronto summers without it.

SO after 2 years of sculpting and 2 false starts I think I finally have this bad boy ready to go on my PF

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

And a few other guys if they are interested....lol.

Check your humidity, might be the leather cracking and drying out. A sharpie might work or some leather dye would fix that.

Yeah, I saw a couple of really bad ones like this on facebook recently. The only one I saw that was fixed had removed that top layer of pleather and then repainted it black. This seems very similar to the Raiders pf jacket flaking issue. This is one of the reasons I prefer fully sculpted pieces these days. I hope you get it sorted out somehow.

Notify SS that your Bats has that crotch issue. They could have some bodies laying around and they might want that defective 1 back.

Sorry to see this, buddy. But it seems that the pleather's starting to lose its integrity. Agreed with stingray regarding humidity, pleather cracking/drying; and that sharpie could help as a band-aid solution, but if those are tiny air bubbles I see near the part that's already peeled off, that could mean that the pleather's started to become more fragile.

That's why I only buy fully sculpted statues as well. I only have maybe 3 statues with mixed media ...and that's just capes or small accessories.

Hopefully SSC can be champions and help you out. Good luck, wlvn.

Thank you for the inputs guys. Appreciate it.

So I have to ask, they will make this model available for purchase again at some point, right? I have the "Classic" Superman/Wonder Woman statues and I'd really like to get Batman to complete the Trinity. I mean I assume they will at some point because it seems like these variations would be versions that they cycle in and out and certain times, but I just wanted to ask. Thanks,

So I have to ask, they will make this model available for purchase again at some point, right? I have the "Classic" Superman/Wonder Woman statues and I'd really like to get Batman to complete the Trinity. I mean I assume they will at some point because it seems like these variations would be versions that they cycle in and out and certain times, but I just wanted to ask. Thanks,

Not sure where you're located but all of these JL statues can be bought under retail in Facebook groups, here and online retailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you're located but all of these JL statues can be bought under retail in Facebook groups, here and online retailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Arizona, near Phoenix. I'm not opposed to buying it 2nd hand, assuming of course it's in good condition.

I would be VERY surprised if the rerelease either of these versions. The edition size between the two varients was 12 000 (10 000 black and grey, and 2000 blue and grey). If they were to release another comic book Batman I really do believe that they would do a brand new sculpt rather then bring these back out. Unless of course they haven't really sold the entire ES out; if they haven't then these could some day just pop back up on the SSC website. Again though as was said these often go on sale on FB, here, and ebay for around or less then retail

Thank you for the replies, I think I've found one to purchase.

Congrats it is an AMAZING piece. After I wrote my response I went up to look at mine and I am still totally amazed by that awesome bugger.

On another note I was just thinking that this thread is up over 2248 responses, and I have to say that shooting the **** in here like we use to BCC, Kinger, Jaws, and Oni... now that was some of the MOST fun I ever had in this hobby, and part of the reason I still come back every time I see the thread bumped.

Oh the "Batawangs" that were discussed... lol.

Back