Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spazzy is still working on it but he said he should have some pictures of it in the next week or so to upload... I guess it was a pretty huge project in order to convert it to a full sculpt because the material hid a lot of bad sculpting... plus he's adding folds and stuff to the sculpted outfit to make it look like material and not painted skin..

I can't wait to see it :)

The material didn't hide bad sculpting persay, but the sculpt wasn't as detailed or as clean as it needs to be for a fully sculpted piece because that was never the intention in the first place. I have never seen one of these properly converted t a fully sculpted piece, not saying it hasn't been done, but I just haven't seen all the proper folds and everything put into it. Looking forward to seeing this done. Spazzing is awesome.

batman%20image.jpg

Spazzy is verifying the bat symbol position, then he'll finish the logo and start painting :yess:

Needs a few mor wrinkles and folds coming off the armpit me thinks

The material didn't hide bad sculpting persay, but the sculpt wasn't as detailed or as clean as it needs to be for a fully sculpted piece because that was never the intention in the first place. I have never seen one of these properly converted t a fully sculpted piece, not saying it hasn't been done, but I just haven't seen all the proper folds and everything put into it. Looking forward to seeing this done. Spazzing is awesome.

He was working on the folds tonight, he said he kept them in check but at the same time there is enough folds so it doesn't look like painted skin...

Yeah, I was born and raised in Chicago (first Bridgeport then Albany Park). I've moved to the southwest burbs now though. City is just way too damn expensive to live in nowadays. I've got a wife and kids now so I get far more bang for my $$$ where I'm at now.

Didn't make it to the CON this year unfortunately. My wife and kids went to my in-laws beach house in Michigan this weekend and I'm stuck at home reviewing contractor bids. One of my rental properties caught on fire so I've got a lot of work cut out for me in the near future. I'm hoping to go to C2E2 in the spring. Hope you had a good time at WW.

Sorry bro about the fire. Hopefully things will turn out to the better soon enough.

The Wizard con was ok. Overpriced retailers, but I scored couple art prints, so that was a win for me. I really want to go to C2E2 as well for sure!

He was working on the folds tonight, he said he kept them in check but at the same time there is enough folds so it doesn't look like painted skin...

yeah that pic has no folds/wrinkles, pic is just to make sure he likes the position
from what i gathered from the other ones out there the client didnt ask for folds/wrinkles

oh and the majority of the work wasn't the sculpting underneath it was all the the patching and all this texture that wasn't appealing that needed cleaning up

It looks great so far! I think the one thing holding this piece back from Supes level is the torso tailoring, so a sculpted version is most definitely in order.

Last edited:
yeah that pic has no folds/wrinkles, pic is just to make sure he likes the position
from what i gathered from the other ones out there the client didnt ask for folds/wrinkles

oh and the majority of the work wasn't the sculpting underneath it was all the the patching and all this texture that wasn't appealing that needed cleaning up

I have no doubt that this is gonna look KILLER when you're done with it spazzy.

Sorry bro about the fire. Hopefully things will turn out to the better soon enough.

The Wizard con was ok. Overpriced retailers, but I scored couple art prints, so that was a win for me. I really want to go to C2E2 as well for sure!

Thankfully, no one was home when the fire broke out, so no one was hurt/killed. The insurance paid out already so now it's just a matter of finding the right peeps to put the home back together. The home is actually being worked on now, so it's just a matter of time until it's finished.

I should have no problems attending C2E2. By then, things should be back to normal for me. I've actually enjoyed C2E2 more than WW the last few years. Like you said, a lot of overpriced stuff at WW. Glad you were able to score some prints. At least that made your trip to WW worthwhile.

I don't know anything about sculpting so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would it actually be possible to make Batman's muscle size smaller? My biggest problem with this PF is that he's larger than Superman, I've always wondered if a talented customizer could keep the sculpt the same but just sort of shrink it.

I never tried anything like that, but "shrinking" it would be a bit different than just toning down some of the muscles, only way to shrink it I would assume is to resculpt the whole thing in a different scale. or follow the sculpt and just make EVERYTHING smaller, but that would be a very large and expensive project.

I don't know anything about sculpting so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would it actually be possible to make Batman's muscle size smaller? My biggest problem with this PF is that he's larger than Superman, I've always wondered if a talented customizer could keep the sculpt the same but just sort of shrink it.

Wow... now that would be a job m8. In theory you could back some of the body anatomy back a little bit by sanding it down. While it would be a bastard to keep the amount you removed consistent everywhere you MIGHT be able to pull it off. THe biggest issue would then be the head, hands, and feet. Youw would have to take them all down a little bit as well. Well you might beable to get away with leaving some of them a little larger if you didn't take to much off the muscles, but that is still a big if because of the way the head is suppose to tie in to the should muscles and how the arms and legs tie into the feet and hands..... It would be such and easy project to screw up ... lol

Wow... now that would be a job m8. In theory you could back some of the body anatomy back a little bit by sanding it down. While it would be a bastard to keep the amount you removed consistent everywhere you MIGHT be able to pull it off. THe biggest issue would then be the head, hands, and feet. Youw would have to take them all down a little bit as well. Well you might beable to get away with leaving some of them a little larger if you didn't take to much off the muscles, but that is still a big if because of the way the head is suppose to tie in to the should muscles and how the arms and legs tie into the feet and hands..... It would be such and easy project to screw up ... lol

I think he means sheer scale more than anything. To me, that sounds like a brand new sculpt. Sanding the current one would probably be more work than just making a new one from scratch.

I think he means sheer scale more than anything. To me, that sounds like a brand new sculpt. Sanding the current one would probably be more work than just making a new one from scratch.

I was under the impression that it was brining down the bulk of this one which I can only see being possible by sanding it down. Now I know hat a few people might beable to manage it. However, the other part that would be very tricky would be the fact that this sculpt is hollow... There is only so far you could take it before you are very much at risk of punching a hole in it. Now there are ways to avoid that, but they come with their own set of issues.... like having to drill a hole in your statue and filling it with resin. That project would be a killer

I was under the impression that it was brining down the bulk of this one which I can only see being possible by sanding it down. Now I know hat a few people might beable to manage it. However, the other part that would be very tricky would be the fact that this sculpt is hollow... There is only so far you could take it before you are very much at risk of punching a hole in it. Now there are ways to avoid that, but they come with their own set of issues.... like having to drill a hole in your statue and filling it with resin. That project would be a killer

Yea the amount of work that would take anyone...it would be more cost effective to make a statue from scratch.

it is hollow but has enough to bring it down...but like sarakawa says would probably be easier to make a new one...price though i would put it at alot higher than just sanding it down everywhere though, unless just planning to sculpt out of epoxy which would be a pain and avoid the molding/casting part of it.

my advice if you dont like this one is to wait until another is released...probably be a little while though.

Anyone that's looking for a slimmer Bats will just have to wait until SSC releases a new Bats PF. I'm glad that this PF is huge and muscular. That's the way I wanted my Bats PF to look. Hopefully, SSC will hook up the collectors with a more streamlined Bats PF with the next release.

Back