Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if HT got license to make 1:4 Thor, Captain America, and all the marvel movies. Would we still buy SS or HT ?

I don't buy dolls, doesn't matter how big they are. And no matter what you say HT still uses a generic doll body under whatever tailoring they put on top of it. So nope, no HT.
They're not dolls they're Action Figures!

188211i55B6FA30BCCCADB5

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't buy dolls, doesn't matter how big they are. And no matter what you say HT still uses a generic doll body under whatever tailoring they put on top of it. So nope, no HT.

Plenty of them are not doll bodys, look at the Endoskeletons, Alien/Preds, Hulk, etc.... Sure on others there are doll type bodies, but if you can't see joints I don't mind. I just wish they were more stable and had better bases like a statue, that is the only reason I don't have many of them.

I'm pretty sure if HT got the license, and they do a action figure that is not pose able. You display side by side with SS maguettes. Pretty sure ht will probably end up looking nicer.

Think that if you want. I've yet to see a HT I'd take over a Statue

I think if you want to collect the whole shiz load of ironman suits, then HT is not a bad way to go. Joints are natural, no doll look and poseable. Having said that many of them cost 2/3 of a PF now.

Lol at all the doll references in here. The hot toy face sculpts are amazing. Some of the best I've seen. However, I could never get over the pole up their butt stand though. It looks so weird

Lol at all the doll references in here. The hot toy face sculpts are amazing. Some of the best I've seen. However, I could never get over the pole up their butt stand though. It looks so weird

Oh I give them that, and that's great if all you're looking for is a face sculpt that's passable for the actor in the film. I don't buy statues for their Film accuracy though, I only own two Movie based statues. I buy them because I want artistic representations of Characters I love.

And I agree, Poles up the backside of the characters remind me of Cannibal Holocaust :lol

Hot Toys have great face sculpts (for the most part). But they are still dolls.

:exactly:

I had a couple IM hot toys early on and they just dont stand up well without the stand and those things are just ugly. In fact, I had mark VI and WM and I swapped those 2 hot toys for the maquettes and never looked back!!

Oh I give them that, and that's great if all you're looking for is a face sculpt that's passable for the actor in the film. I don't buy statues for their Film accuracy though, I only own two Movie based statues. I buy them because I want artistic representations of Characters I love.

And I agree, Poles up the backside of the characters remind me of Cannibal Holocaust :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

That made a very vivid image in my mind

:exactly:

I had a couple IM hot toys early on and they just dont stand up well without the stand and those things are just ugly. In fact, I had mark VI and WM and I swapped those 2 hot toys for the maquettes and never looked back!!

It was probably for the best :hi5:

That movie is twisted as ****, saw it when I was a teenager Lol.
Honestly bro I'm not a 1/6th guy myself. I've only bought SSC's Vader Ex and from HT I'll be getting the Delorean and the BD RoboCop only because its the only one that will have the Peter Weller face sculpt (heaaaaaven) other than that I'm a statue guy all the way. Be picking up the Marvel 1/6ths though because I love Marvel!

That movie is twisted as ****, saw it when I was a teenager Lol.
Honestly bro I'm not a 1/6th guy myself. I've only bought SSC's Vader Ex and from HT I'll be getting the Delorean and the BD RoboCop only because its the only one that will have the Peter Weller face sculpt (heaaaaaven) other than that I'm a statue guy all the way. Be picking up the Marvel 1/6ths though because I love Marvel!

Oh I' won't down people for buying them Jedi, that's everyone's choice, they just aren't for me and to suggest people would switch from PF's to HT just because of Likeness or something, well they already make 1/4 scale stuff and I don't see it happening.

Back