SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So close to pulling the trigger...Would like to hold off until Spooktacular if possible but not sure the EX will make it that long....

As hard as I have been on this figure I would highly suggest you buy it now. Take the leap; get the exclusive. Of course it may sell out. They'll probably make a black version but what if it isn't up to the standards of this one. Remember version 2 Vader?

That body swap is great! Also, so is that custom Bane. Does anyone know what the base body for that Bane is?

Pretty sure it's from this 1/6 Akuma
1385112_10151683513542610_298570291_n__52357_zoom.jpg
Thanks! Much appreciated. [emoji1]

As hard as I have been on this figure I would highly suggest you buy it now. Take the leap; get the exclusive. Of course it may sell out. They'll probably make a black version but what if it isn't up to the standards of this one. Remember version 2 Vader?

Yeah this is a great figure. Definitely worth picking up one.

Thanks for talking me into it guys. :lol Pulled the trigger. Used some rewards points to knock it under $200. Looking forward to getting him!

Yeah guys I used the alums on my custom bane
We'll the top half any way :)
The waist and legs are a dam spare I had
Laying around

Didn't Sideshow show a few work in progress concept Batman and Superman when they first announced the line?

Edit: I should have looked first. Do you guys remember these?

PHDPW3.png

dl2oYt.png

PTWaQH.png

DgMhFu.png

hySNgE.png

rhH6aF.png

nlXW70.png

mL63CZ.png

Last edited:
Didn't Sideshow show a few work in progress concept Batman and Superman when they first announced the line?

PHDPW3.png

dl2oYt.png

PTWaQH.png

DgMhFu.png

hySNgE.png

rhH6aF.png

nlXW70.png

mL63CZ.png

I think sideshow will better focus in this comic line since HT already do star wars line, im really hoping they have plan to create figures from kingdom come that would be sick

Well I have to imagine Sideshow will be making more Batman figures but they won't be any set comic book appearances like Kingdom Come or Dark Knight Returns. I mean look at these pics, does the current release fall under any of these concept drawings? He's close to the Modern and JLA versions but off enough to say this figure is neither.

Here is the issue, the "JLA Batman" doesn't exactly match this one, look at the belts, etc. It was originally thought that the New 52 would be the "JLA" ones. So the question is whether this is an additional Batman or whether they simply reworked the original ideas meaning some of those won't get made. Since HT is doing an Arkham Bats, I would imagine that'll be pushed out further and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a variant Black version of this before seeing another Batman offering but since people are asking for the Adams version I would imagine it's next.

I would love to have a 1st Appearance version of both Batman and Superman from SSC :)

If those are done well, those will the gems of the line all of the first appearance versions. That's where I wouldn't mind the spandex, cloth versions like DC Direct because it supposed to have that look to it. I don't think they're taking as much license with the moderns as I would have liked to have seen which would have still opened the doors to do variants, etc but those are the ones I don't want cut.

If those are done well, those will the gems of the line all of the first appearance versions. That's where I wouldn't mind the spandex, cloth versions like DC Direct because it supposed to have that look to it. I don't think they're taking as much license with the moderns as I would have liked to have seen which would have still opened the doors to do variants, etc but those are the ones I don't want cut.

I could be wrong, but I believe some one here mentioned that they spoke to a Sideshow rep at SDCC, and were told that DC have very strict guideline on how far they can stray from the original source.

Last edited:
If that's the case that doesn't actually surprise me much but as Dave pointed out in a different thread, the way they handled the GI Joe line gave them interesting takes on the characters that were recognizable but still based in reality. I would have loved to have seen how SSC did that and then have them offer up the standards eventually. Look at the DC Infinite Crisis stuff that has been wildly popular but took different takes on the costuming.

Here is the issue, the "JLA Batman" doesn't exactly match this one, look at the belts, etc. It was originally thought that the New 52 would be the "JLA" ones. So the question is whether this is an additional Batman or whether they simply reworked the original ideas meaning some of those won't get made. Since HT is doing an Arkham Bats, I would imagine that'll be pushed out further and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a variant Black version of this before seeing another Batman offering but since people are asking for the Adams version I would imagine it's next.

The slim Superman body would be pretty good for an Adams Bats. But this one is pretty close to Adams already - just add the yellow oval and change the belt. DC's Adams Bats is probably my favorite Batman they did. I'd like to see SSC explore new territory.

If that's the case that doesn't actually surprise me much but as Dave pointed out in a different thread, the way they handled the GI Joe line gave them interesting takes on the characters that were recognizable but still based in reality. I would have loved to have seen how SSC did that and then have them offer up the standards eventually. Look at the DC Infinite Crisis stuff that has been wildly popular but took different takes on the costuming.

I much prefer the Infinite Crisis designs to the New 52. They show a bit of creativity.

could anyone who has this figure be so kind to let me know or post a picture of the head sculpt face plate with the adam west or keaton face plate ,or on the sideshow batman head
thank to all or ant who can help cheers chris

could anyone who has this figure be so kind to let me know or post a picture of the head sculpt face plate with the adam west or keaton face plate ,or on the sideshow batman head
thank to all or ant who can help cheers chris

I too would like to see this.:cool:

... mine's torso was stuck earlier.. tried chaing the pose, and heard a loud crack... he's not stuck anymore.. and now quite a bit loose... be careful.

Back