SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I understand why some people do it and I think it looks good, I have absolutely zero need to do it on mine. On mine the eyes are fine the way they are.

Yes, I like them like that as well. The only thing they might have done better is not such a brutal transition between the white and the gray. Other than that, they're perfect out of the box!

...on the stain subject. Latest development: I've undressed the fig, washed the suit and the stains are gone. I've also washed the cape in a mixture of cold water and white vinegar to freeze the color ( though I was surprised that the color didn't bleed at all when I did that, so I've come to the conclusion it's the shiny prt that rubs off and not the color that bleeds. Dunno if it makes sense)... And, while I was redressing him, I broke the belt! There's gotta be a spell on this figure of mine! Voodoo Batman for sure! :lol

Btw, awesome body underneath! :rock

I've modded plenty of figures, had plenty of customs. Just don't think this figure needs it for me. I'm happy the way it is.
I have as well. Older SSC & HT figures like before and around 2008. However, I see it now a whole lot where one person mods something and usually looks great then everyone starts modding and some of those ppl regret modding and realize they got caught up in the hype of other ppl modding and don't like their figure anymore. Then other ppl mod their figure that's now "improved and perfect" and you see it in the FS section a few weeks later which I find hilarious

Why is it a "fad"? We dont do it because someone else does it. We do it because, in our opinion, it looks better. You are happy with the way it is good for you.

please see my explanation above :wink1:

I have as well. Older SSC & HT figures like before and around 2008. However, I see it now a whole lot where one person mods something and usually looks great then everyone starts modding and some of those ppl regret modding and realize they got caught up in the hype of other ppl modding and don't like their figure anymore. Then other ppl mod their figure that's now "improved and perfect" and you see it in the FS section a few weeks later which I find hilarious

please see my explanation above :wink1:

I've noticed this trend too. Guys mod it, swear it's the best figure to date and days later they've got it up for sale :huh

That's another thing. For me, a modded figure loses all resell value...
yep :lecture:
I've noticed this trend too. Guys mod it, swear it's the best figure to date and days later they've got it up for sale :huh
:goodpost:
Glad I'm not the only one

And just to be clear, I'm not hating on anyone who mods figures b/c I obviously do it too. If you mod it, like it, that's great. I find it to be quite a lot of fun to work on these figures. However, there's also a great deal of satisfaction when you get a figure and don't have any desire to mod it. feels like money well spent.

I'm
yep :lecture:

:goodpost:
Glad I'm not the only one

And just to be clear, I'm not hating on anyone who mods figures b/c I obviously do it too. If you mod it, like it, that's great. I find it to be quite a lot of fun to work on these figures. However, there's also a great deal of satisfaction when you get a figure and don't have any desire to mod it. feels like money well spent.

I said it before, either way this Batman rocks, whether you want to mod him or not

And that is saying a lot since I collected SSC figures over the years like SW and G.I.Joe and I can honestly say this is what Batman ( Not Nolan's Batman) is really about in a collectible:lecture

That's another thing. For me, a modded figure loses all resell value...

Not always true. A HT figure definitely, a Sideshow figure, it depends how good the mod is. First hand experience btw.

So you are saying that the reason they sold it, is because they didn't like the mod?

Well, I disagree!

Even for a Sideshow figure. I would buy a modded one, but only at a very low price. It becomes no more than a loose figure. Unless, of course, what you're looking for is a custom in the first place!

I'm not saying that a modded figure can't be better than a pristine one, it's very often the case, but as far as collecting goes, I want a HT or a Sideshow fig, not a John Doe fig!

Awesome pics Coco!

I get that...I have that feeling alot when ppl go mod crazy since it's kinda become a fad to mod figures nowadays

Thanks, Gipetto! I use the term "mod" loosely for the eyes though. :lol Repainting eyes on figures isn't a big deal but what Tony did with his sculpt is definitely a mod. And a cool one at that.

Just got Batman - beast of a figure. Completely awesome in hand. Proportions, color, etc look a lot better. Really like this figure.

Not always true. A HT figure definitely, a Sideshow figure, it depends how good the mod is. First hand experience btw.

So you are saying that the reason they sold it, is because they didn't like the mod?

No. They could be selling them for a myriad of reasons, personal, financial, etc. I just find it interesting that guys mod them, rant and rave how the figure may have absolutely needed the mod, spend all that time and effort on the figure, then turn right around and sell it weeks after they finish it.

Just a head scratcher, is all.

After having this guy for a few days, I can honestly say that other than the Adam west batman, this guy is the star of my collection. A phenomenal figure. I was really hesitant with him because i didn't like the pics until a few in hand shots and heard all the raving so I pulled the trigger. This is seriously one of those figures that looks incredible in hand.

is it possible that when you handle the cape, the oils in your fingers are being stained by the cape and transferred to body suit?

is it possible that when you handle the cape, the oils in your fingers are being stained by the cape and transferred to body suit?

Interesting theory, but I don't think so. I really think the problem comes from the shiny part. It's nothing serious, but don't let it in contact with anything vinyl. It takes a few minutes for the Ebola dye to contaminate vinyl material!:)

quick question. the elbows and hips on mine are what i would call mildly loose. he can still hold a pose, but i doubt i could have him standing on one leg. his elbows are strong enough to resist the fabric, but still swing fairly eaisly. did i get a dud, or is this more or less the way that all of them are?

Well, I disagree!

Even for a Sideshow figure. I would buy a modded one, but only at a very low price. It becomes no more than a loose figure. Unless, of course, what you're looking for is a custom in the first place!

I'm not saying that a modded figure can't be better than a pristine one, it's very often the case, but as far as collecting goes, I want a HT or a Sideshow fig, not a John Doe fig!

That's what you want. I sold my customized Snake Eyes V1 for a lot more than a boxed untouched one goes for, just saying.

That's what you want. I sold my customized Snake Eyes V1 for a lot more than a boxed untouched one goes for, just saying.

ALOT of that depends on the mods, and how eaisly it can be stripped down to the original figure. As well as how much the mod adds to the figure in the first place.

and even then, it varies considerably from person to person.

ALOT of that depends on the mods, and how eaisly it can be stripped down to the original figure. As well as how much the mod adds to the figure in the first place.

and even then, it varies considerably from person to person.

Well, no original body, no original head and no original hands. But, you are right, it varies from person to person. My comment was directed to 16k, that modified figures dont always loose value.

Back