SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

I think it's mostly the legs that are bugging me.

DSCN2029.jpg

Blue arrows = very skinny.

Red arrows = bulbous.

Could just be bad posing/futzing, but I don't like it.

That's no lack of futzing issue.
It's the way the body is sculpted. And it worries me a lot, 'cause there's nothing you can do about it. And these (the bodies) must be production pieces, I doubt that will be changed. It's funny how Sideshow can't design a good looking human body.

I really hope they remove the Bat-Scrotum from his head. Other than that, it's an awesome figure.

That's no lack of futzing issue.
It's the way the body is sculpted. And it worries me a lot, 'cause there's nothing you can do about it. And these (the bodies) must be production pieces, I doubt that will be changed. It's funny how Sideshow can't design a good looking human body.

Looks like it was made that way for better articulation. :dunno

Some just need to buy statues.

I'm diggin it fine and the "furrowed brow" is not a deal breaker for me. I can appreciate what the sculpters were inspired by, a cross between Lee/Ross and I'll be happy to add this Batman to my collection. :clap

This figure is a definite buy for me and I have already preordered the Medicom version as well. I'm looking forward to both of them. That being said, I would be happier if they fixed the eyes/ brow.

The jaw / mouth area looks great on the figure. Anyone else think it kind of looks like George Clooney?

Looks like they were inspired by Neal Adams to me.

I'm not a professional illustrator, so maybe this isn't exactly human, but I think it looks at least more humane than SSC's Brian Peppers Batman
IMG_6493_01a.jpg

I did it quickly on Photoshop.

My thoughts:

1. I love the costume, and the drape of the cape. It was futzed very well.
2. For this figure I would have preferred a yellow oval symbol.
3. I have been trying to like the headsculpt but I can't. The side shots especially really bug me. His profile just shoots inwards once it get to his hairline.
4. He has too much of a square jaw thing going on.
5. The distance between the eyes is too much.
6. I need to see if a Bruce Wayne sculpt is included, it will show the features better unmasked.
7. Everything else looks really great, the boots, gloves, and that cape is really well done.
8. The joint on the neck is distracting. I prefer the one piece cowl, with a long neck. It takes away from the portrait.

Do Sideshow tweak like HT based on fan feedback? Also, anyone know who sculpted the head? It's the one weak link.

Elvis needs to work for Sideshow and take them back to school - show them how it's done.

Look the head needs serious revision. Everything else is good. The ears, the eyes, everything. I wish they did specific versions based on artists like Miller or Ross or Mazzuchelli, not their version of it.

Clearly that is the reason why a True Type has excellent range of motion and does not look deformed. :cuckoo:
Hell, even DML's old figures have better proportions than that and still retain great articulation.

Think I'm gonna hold off on this one. The head bothers me,everything else is great! If the price is'nt crazy then maybe. There are many 1/6 Batman figs still to come -'66 West,Kilmer?,Clooney?Arkham? So why not be selective? Nowdays I try to only get the items I really love!

[whisper]
The head was re-worked this morning, I think you'll all really like the changes! :)
[/whisper]

Back