SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

I don't know what Sideshow was thinking with that overly stylized head of this and the Batman bust. There is no way an unmasked head can fit the eye placement, and brow shape of that mask AND still look human. Not to mention, the "Gotham's most eligible bachelor billionaire playboy" Bruce Wayne...under that mask...is one hella ugly dude.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

HATE HATE HATE this Andy B Alien Batman.
Seriously, what were they thinking?

I'm not buying any SS 1/6 figures until next year anyway, if a better Batman is announced by then, i'll probably get that. If not i'll get this (on secondary market) and replace the head.

However, although the cut joints on the DCD figure are annoying, the actual sculpt of the muscles look much more natural to me. The Sideshow figures muscles have an oddly bulbous look.

I think it's mostly the legs that are bugging me.

DSCN2029.jpg

Blue arrows = very skinny.

Red arrows = bulbous.

Could just be bad posing/futzing, but I don't like it.

The medicom would look great with this body. I like it, but the head does need some tweaking in the brow area and remove the lump on his forehead. And maybe lower the cowl just a little bit. Everything else, I like.

The medicom would look great with this body. I like it, but the head does need some tweaking in the brow area and remove the lump on his forehead. And maybe lower the cowl just a little bit. Everything else, I like.

I fear the Medicom head is way too small.

There will be other contenders though i'm sure, if not now then soon enough.

this is a good figure, no doubt about it. just a little disappointing compared to the 4 other sideshow reveals.

am i buying it? absolutely he's still a great comic accurate figure, hopefully sideshow can tweak the finished product a little.

Agreed. This is the weakest of the bunch.

I just hope this guy will fit in the 66 Batmobile.

:lol :exactly:

Can you imagine how freakish the face under the cowl must look with the eyes spaced that far apart?! :google :horror

23ign41.jpg

Wow I would tell batman he might want to go to the doctor and have those lumps on his head checked out :lol

Also how difficult would it be to figure out Bruce Wayne is the masked crusader with ass cheeks between his eyes?

DCD Batman looks better

I agree about the eye spacing, but it is a mask it should look distorted and frightning.I am a huge fan of the darker more pointy beak and longer eared mask any way.I am not a huge fan of this Jim Lee and Alex Ross hybrid but it is the best non custom out there so far.

Hmmm, I'm not convinced on this guy. I feel with the rest of the line though SS have knocked it out of the park.

The medicom would look great with this body.

Agreed. I wonder if the Medicom figures are still running a bit small compared to HT & SS?

I already bought the Medicom Jim Lee Batman...I'm interested in seeing how it looks standing next to my HT figures.

I too don't quite like Head sculpt... Being a Batman and Sideshow fan, I am definitely getting one!

might hold off on this pretty sure there will be batman's.

Hopefully the [Jim Lee] New 52 Batman will have a better head sculpt. As much as people dislike the New 52 I think Batman got a pretty cool suit out of the deal.

I don't know.
I really like the HS.
IMG_6493.JPG

I love the figure but I hope they fix the face sculpt. These are the changes I would make:

1) The spacing of the eyes
2) The nose is too flat and fat. It should be more prominent.
3) The forehead goes backwards too soon making the profile look awkward. That coupled with the nose (or lack of) makes the profile very unnatural.

Last edited:

I don't know. I really dig this figure. I think it represents the comic Batman very well. Sure a few tweaks here and there should only better it, but I am pretty excited about this to my collection. The only one I am not totally sold on is Catwoman. Not because she is not done well, just doesn't have the wow factor for me.

Back