SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick pic. First impressions: left hand and gauntlet fell out in the package. He seems a little fragile. I'm sort of afraid to move him around too much. The body is a little odd to maneuver. Someone mentioned they took the nose part off of the sculpt and I didn't think it would bother me, but it does. The eyes look small. Don't know if it was intentional, but it looks like they could of painted them in more. There is eye that isn't painted white. Joints feel loose but not floppy loose so I don't know if that's how they are suppose be. The chin plates are not magnets but plugs. I have mixed feelings about this guy. Hopefully over time I'll appreciate him, but right now he is kind of eh. He's like Lee Majors as Batman. I'll try and get more pics up.
e122dg.jpg

Quick pic. First impressions: left hand and gauntlet fell out in the package. He seems a little fragile. I'm sort of afraid to move him around too much. The body is a little odd to maneuver. Someone mentioned they took the nose part off of the sculpt and I didn't think it would bother me, but it does. The eyes look small. Don't know if it was intentional, but it looks like they could of painted them in more. There is eye that isn't painted white. Joints feel loose but not floppy loose so I don't know if that's how they are suppose be. The chin plates are not magnets but plugs. I have mixed feelings about this guy. Hopefully over time I'll appreciate him, but right now he is kind of eh. He's like Lee Majors as Batman. I'll try and get more pics up.
e122dg.jpg

Congrats. Looks as I expected and as how you said, eh.

Yeah, Sideshow bodies tend to feel awkward. I do not understand why they can't copy the Hot Toys True Types or other sturdy bodies.

Does the suit look to be removable?

Got mine today (shipped yesterday, I live one town over from Sideshow so it came speedily). First thing I noticed/loved is the cape! It drapes really, really nicely in just about any position. The only bummer is one of the elbow joints seems a little loose (don't think it's broken, but not sure). Already contacted Sideshow about possibly exchanging it. Probably wouldn't bother, but anytime I'm paying 200+ for a toy, I expect something pretty close to perfection. Overall, other than that issue, a solid B+/A- figure.

It's not completely bad, but I'm not ecstatic about him. There is going to be some paint rub at the ankles because the boot sleeve and boot are separate pieces. Same goes for the gauntlets and hands. There is also paint rubbing off at the cowl. It's coming off at the nose line. Not enough to warrant me sending it back since it's an easy fix, but could see people being miffed about it. I also don't want to pose him too extreme because it's putting stress on the stitching.
2yl4t39.jpg

Does the suit look to be removable?
Not on purpose. You could unsew the back but that's more than I would want to do to this figure.

Got mine today (shipped yesterday, I live one town over from Sideshow so it came speedily). First thing I noticed/loved is the cape! It drapes really, really nicely in just about any position. The only bummer is one of the elbow joints seems a little loose (don't think it's broken, but not sure). Already contacted Sideshow about possibly exchanging it. Probably wouldn't bother, but anytime I'm paying 200+ for a toy, I expect something pretty close to perfection. Overall, other than that issue, a solid B+/A- figure.
Is it the left elbow?

It's not completely bad, but I'm not ecstatic about him. There is going to be some paint rub at the ankles because the boot sleeve and boot are separate pieces. Same goes for the gauntlets and hands. There is also paint rubbing off at the cowl. It's coming off at the nose line. Not enough to warrant me sending it back since it's an easy fix, but could see people being miffed about it. I also don't want to pose him too extreme because it's putting stress on the stitching.
2yl4t39.jpg

Now I know what that face reminds me of: Will Ferrell.

Also, what's that thing about the nose.

Which head will you be displaying or liking best ? The other big question is the battle damaged headsculpt is the face plate interchangeable or does face plate come off ?

On the proto they sculpted the bottom of the nose. They nixed it on the production piece.
IMG_6493.JPG

Don't know which sculpt yet. And, yes you can remove all the faceplates.

K thank's jack i'm digging the short eared or battle damaged can't wait to figure out next week when get him.

Back