SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the figure looks terrific! I especially loved the following photos from JacktheRipper and Frankie.

If I get some extra time once I get mine I might try my hand at sculpting and make my own faceplate just for kicks, though I'm okay with the short ears-neutral face combo :)

2yl4t39.jpg

Overall, this figure is growing on me. It's not perfect, but it's a figure one can work with. I think many will be put off by it initially but will see the advantages over the disadvantages. I too like the cape and the pouches. The thing about the pouches, however, is that it's somewhat difficult to get them to sit/look right as you change the poses. The waist is too small or the pouches too big. Some padding under the suit would have improved that, which is why SS should have made the suit removable. I need to get another cape for this guy:
ngww45.jpg

I didn't realize until today that SS still had the EX available. I just can't get past all the blue. The figure looks great though--hopefully for picky bastards like me they release a black and grey one.

You're kindding right? Did you not see the earlier picture? Unless you plan on displaying him with the cape covering the body.

I did see it, but it looked really bad because it was not set all the way in.

But we'll see how it looks in hand.

I should have been clear with that pic. It isn't Sideshow's figure. That's the Medi with SS's cape. I hate Medi's cape, but I don't want to pay custom money for one so SS's works for me. Will need to paint the head to match the cape but that's easier than the other way around.

Wonder why they went with the outline around the eyes? I may have to try to repaint that. I'm on the fence about this guy but I think I'll like it in hand.

I don't get why the eyes were not completely painted. It's as if they used the white to represent the iris. I'm tempted to paint in the eyes all white.

Looks great and in-scale with HT! Thanks for the photo!

How's the quality of the grey suit? Is it not as delicate as HT's Reeve Superman or West Batman?

No, it's not as snaggery as the West Batman, but there does seem to be some snag potential. But be careful, trim your nails - should be fine.

I don't want to sound bias but I freakin LOVE THIS! After all the horrible bodies that SSC ranging from G.I. JOE and SW, I'm finally glad they came out with this.:yess:
Such a great figure with stability which matters IMO!

The blue isn't like baby blue guys so don't knock it until you get it in hands. He is a solid presence. As you guys know I'm a huge customizer and I do admire the attempts but honestly for this piece I'd leave it alone especially if you are Frank Miller, Jim Lee Batman fan as myself.

The body is great, has that loose feel but isn't loose at all, all the joints have that solid movable ratchet feel with the ratchet sound IMO. The cape is character in itself.

Here are my pics so far, sorry as always for the horrible backgrounds

I don't care about the eyes in some angles it adds depth

I love posing him and that's what SSC said they wanted to do this idea and I think they succeeded!

Don't worry about the suit guys, it's extremely stretchable and durable, no snags, tangles, if it bunches up easy to straighten out and I've put him through the ringer in poses

Weapons KiCK ASS!

This really reminds me of Miller's glory IMO

Back