SSC Arashikage Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Arishikage Environment

Hope so. Looks like a bit more than a throne though, and we're a couple years past that. I think the odds are slim, but maybe they're feeling generous.

$250

Not bad considering the throne for $200, might have to wait for it to be gift card eligible though, got my throne for $125, much more worth it.

If this is less than 11" deep and reasonably priced, I would be interested in this. I would even go pick up a few Red Ninjas to go with it.

$249? That's like one and a half Joe figures! :dunno

Looks nice though, and it's huge (insert requisite "that's what she said" joke here). Pretty cool that it comes with the backdrop, but I'll have to wait for this to become giftcard eligible or cheap at some retailer...and I mean like 50% off cheap.

Last edited:
$250 for an environment. :lol

Good luck, Sideshow.

It does look cool. But once again their love affair with polystone clouds their judgement.

I personally can't afford it, but I also don't think I'd want to own some 2 bit hokey hollow casted plastic piece of junk either.

When I think of cheap plastic diorama I think of Barbie's house. Maybe its all in the paint, but I also don't want something that sags under the weight of a figure, or feels and looks flimsy. Not when I'm putting $130 figures on it.

And I also don't think that SSC necessarily prices their items based on what it cost to make, so the idea that a cheap plastic dio would drop to $50 or something is conjecture.

I personally can't afford it, but I also don't think I'd want to own some 2 bit hokey hollow casted plastic piece of junk either.

When I think of cheap plastic diorama I think of Barbie's house. Maybe its all in the paint, but I also don't want something that sags under the weight of a figure, or feels and looks flimsy. Not when I'm putting $130 figures on it.

And I also don't think that SSC necessarily prices their items based on what it cost to make, so the idea that a cheap plastic dio would drop to $50 or something is conjecture.

Have yet to see one of the SSC stands start to sag and they're made out of cheap plastic. :dunno

The stands are only 3 or 4" wide and are reenforced around the perimeter. Its not going to sag.

You make something 4x longer, 10x taller and then it has to hold 3 figures, the reenforcement will need to be alot better. Imagine putting 3 figures on a frisbee. The frisbee is going to sag eventually.

The stands are only 3 or 4" wide and are reenforced around the perimeter. Its not going to sag.

You make something 4x longer, 10x taller and then it has to hold 3 figures, the reenforcement will need to be alot better. Imagine putting 3 figures on a frisbee. The frisbee is going to sag eventually.

Not with vertical braces. I think if they went that route they'd be smart enough to add reinforcements underneath. Especially at high-end pricing. Though the argument of plastic reducing costs is irrelevant. We've already seen that despite the Boba PF being PVC, he was still the same price as other PFs. Sideshow would charge $250 for this whether or not it was polystone or plastic.

thenammagazine said:
We've already seen that despite the Boba PF being PVC, he was still the same price as other PFs.

Which is why some of us raged mightily. That was almost criminal.

And Triad and others have been churning out cool 1:6 dios/environments out of lighter plastics that look just as cool as Sideshow's for much more reasonable prices.

The only environments Sideshow has ever done that have been worth a damn (or worth their asking price) were Jabba's Throne and the Yoda Hut (that blew me away at SDCC last year). I'd put the Cobra Throne on that list, but I think that could have been done for about half the price and look just as good.

Come on guys! In fairness, price point aside, you have to admit that you that this is a fantastic environment. We have all been complaining about being given small half environments and we've been crying out for an arishikage environment since we heard they were doing them. :impatient:

And they delivered a pretty decent environment which can easily accommodate several figures. I know the price is saucy enough but you know it can be got cheaper if you shop around and theres always flexpay. Being an international collector I know all about cost :gah:

Gripe all you must but at least include some positive comments or constructive criticism that SSC can take away from it, to let them know they're going in the right direction ( insert jab at dumping enviros and concentrating on main characters for the 12 inch line here). :peace

Price is high...but I'm still getting it. I'll just see what small discount I can get from BBTS or CSC.

wonder what the price would be if it didn't have "Gi Joe" on the box. they should just market these as generic environments without a license fee. sure they'll have to eliminate cobra symbols, arishikage symbols, etc, but i'm sure buyers would have no trouble customizing their own if it means they can save money.

Back