SSC Arashikage Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Arishikage Environment

heads up BBTS has Waypoint environment on clearance for $86, don't know current market value, but seems like a good deal to me.

heads up BBTS has Waypoint environment on clearance for $86, don't know current market value, but seems like a good deal to me.

Tempting... Just like this Arishikage Environment is really tempting. Unlike most of the other Joe Environments, I could actually see me using this one to pose SE along with SS and a few other ninjas... Very tempting indeed.

Recon at Waypoint was on sale at that price at BBTS before...on Black Friday, I believe. And the price is tempting...except the $20+ to ship the thing puts it over the price I'm willing to pay for it.

Plus I already have Timber and the Cobra attache' case anyways.

Waypoint is definitely worth it at that price, imo.

It's the first dio and includes Timber. It's no Cobra Throne, but it's a nice piece.

Anyway, had a chance to look at the pics for this Arashikage Environment... meh. I don't know. It's alright, but it's not amazing or anything. It's BIG, I'll grant you. But that's another thing - it'd dominate my collection display, and I don't want that. I like the ninja aspect of GI Joe, but I don't LOVE it to the point that I'd get this.

I think I'm done with the environments, to be quite honest. I've got the Waypoint and Throne, and I'll still get Dusty's desert environment, which is on pre-order. But I think that's it. Three is a nice round number and will display nicely - the way Sideshow's going with these, I'll have run out of room before long - not to mention money.

Waypoint is definitely worth it at that price, imo.

It's the first dio and includes Timber. It's no Cobra Throne, but it's a nice piece.

Anyway, had a chance to look at the pics for this Arashikage Environment... meh. I don't know. It's alright, but it's not amazing or anything. It's BIG, I'll grant you. But that's another thing - it'd dominate my collection display, and I don't want that. I like the ninja aspect of GI Joe, but I don't LOVE it to the point that I'd get this.

I think I'm done with the environments, to be quite honest. I've got the Waypoint and Throne, and I'll still get Dusty's desert environment, which is on pre-order. But I think that's it. Three is a nice round number and will display nicely - the way Sideshow's going with these, I'll have run out of room before long - not to mention money.
If I was only getting 3 environments, the Dusty one would not be one of them. I have a feeling that there will be a much better one coming along. The Dusty one is too similar to the Recon one, IMO.

i like how in this same newsletter, (that is preordering the upteenth Joe environment), they are also pitching the first 2 environments which haven't even sold out yet.

And the only one that is can be related to Joe is the throne. I'd get it but it looks like it would take up too much shelf space.

i will be one of the two people that get this...but still waiting on the price from bbts or csc.

Im to lazy to check, is there an NRD on this?

And the only one that is can be related to Joe is the throne. I'd get it but it looks like it would take up too much shelf space.

The Arishikage dojo is Joe related. It was featured in the Snake Eyes origin comics and is where the Hard Master was killed by Zartan.

I am absolutely going to get two of these. But it will not be until next month. Funds are too tight right now and there are 7 Bith that need to get got.

The Arishikage dojo is Joe related. It was featured in the Snake Eyes origin comics and is where the Hard Master was killed by Zartan.

But last time I checked, we weren't getting the dojo, just some steps, a Shinto arch, couple dragons, couple obelisks couple flags and a cardboard cutout background. Remove the flagstands with the Arashikage symbols and throw a tiny bamboo mat over the one on the stairs and this could be a shrine for Dr. No, or a great backdrop for HT's new DX Lee. :huh

I think the semi-generic nature of a lot of these environments is what is selling them. Many are using the Snake Temple for Indy. I can see lots of people using this for other ninajs or even Brue Lee as you mentioned. They are just Joe-enough to be branded, but generic enough to work with multiple lines. I realize many people don't like that, but if it sells more products than 100% Joe environments would, then I really cna't blame SS for that.

Back