SSC Alien 'Big Chap Jesus Pose' & Predator Rumours

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Alien Big Chap LSF & 1987 Predator LSF!!!

Ofcourse Sideshow would pick the worst design of the lot :thud:
I vote for 3. Not that it matters...

I heard along the grapevine that there was an Alien LSF in the works a while back sourced from someone who works at Sideshow. I do not know the scale however.

Last edited:

I'd love #3. Unfortunately Sideshow's track record with Alien and Predator is iffy lately. It'll be interesting to see if they can make it accurate, control the quality from the factory, and make sure the damn thing doesn't get any defects from packaging.

What's the source of all this news? Predator is what interests me. I would probably give up on everything else and just save for a Predator LSF or a Prime1 one if I new something was coming out.

A definitive P1 is all I need in my life.

To me, the Jesus pose is unfitting. As Blade3327 stated above, it would need the Giger maquette in order to look right. I'd prefer, as it seems everyone else would, the 3rd or maybe 4th pose. The other designes, just aren't my cup of tea, especially if I'm gonna spend 1.5-2k on something.

As far as Predator goes, I'm interested to see how it will look. Blade3327 got me interested in the Prime 1s, so im kinda leaning towards them. In the end, I'll have to compare both peaces and make an informed decision. Speaking of possible predator lines, when is HT gonna do 1/4 Preds? Or is that idea basically scraped?

Last edited:

To me, the Jesus pose is unfitting. As Blade3327 stated above, it would need the Giger maquette in order to look right. I'd prefer, as it seems everyone else would, the 3rd or maybe 4th pose. The other designes, just aren't my cup of tea, especially if I'm gonna spend 1.5-2k on something.

As far as Predator goes, I'm interested to see how it will look. Blade3327 got me interested in the Prime 1s, so im kinda leaning towards them. In the end, I'll have to compare both peaces and make an informed decision. Speaking of possible predator lines, when is HT gonna do 1/4 Preds? Or is that idea basically scraped?

Given that they'd be cheaper (and the paint apps are guaranteed to be clean), if HT announced a 1/4 P1, I wouldn't even be participating in this statue conversation. :lol

*This is also assuming the sculpts are good. If not, statues all the way.

Saw these posted on Facebook as the choices they had to choose from for this, and personally think 1, 3 and 4 are the best. I'm guessing they may think it was too similar to their previous release? That said, I still would've gone with them. The Xeno on the prowl is much better than the Xeno coming down from the heavens, or ascending to the heavens, or whatever this "Jesus" pose is supposed to mean. I have no idea what they were thinking on this one.

12112192_10208068782946823_6453546734761132513_n.jpg
Agreed. I'd go with 1, 3, or 4 if I had to pick from those six poses. And to be honest, 1 and 4 are close to being mirrors of each other so it's really just 1 or 3.
The first is my ultimate choice because it's more animal-like while the third is more superhero/villain like. Couple it with a highly detailed base (I don't care for any of the bases they're showing here), much like they did with their Wolf LSF, and it'll be a winner... ***Paint app pending*** :lol

That swirling tail on #2 has to go.

And the pose, and the base, and the... Oh hell, everything about that design just needs to go away!

They need to flush that #2 down the toilet!

Agreed.^

I already have the Alien Maquette and that's perfect enough for me so I'm not interested in the Alien. Predator only for me.

I'm intrigued. Not too crazy about the pose, but I prefer it over the 'animal' style ones. Gimme that 'man in a suit' look every day. Hoping for 1:2 scale.

Pose #3 looks very similar to the Predalien Maquette pose.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I don't mean to sound rude, but we are still waiting to hear where you came up with this info that these are LSF statues.

It's speculation at this point I guess but like I said earlier an Alien LSF has been mentioned by someone who works at sideshow as being in the works.

I actually really like that pose including the tail but there is no way Sideshow will be getting LSF type money from me.

If it turns out to be Engineer statue size/price then I’ll take the gamble but anything over isn’t worth the stress.

It's speculation at this point I guess but like I said earlier an Alien LSF has been mentioned by someone who works at sideshow as being in the works.

I'm more interested in Predator personally, but I expect more than speculation when someone titles a thread like this :monkey4

I'm more interested in Predator personally, but I expect more than speculation when someone titles a thread like this :monkey4

I've wanted a half scale Alien and Predator for ages so I'm excited about the news. But in reading the link below it seems these are going to to be more in scale with the Wolf LSF. Unfortunately so is the price. Considering the previous release Big Chap maquette was to me bigger than 1:4 and overscale like the Wolf already I'm wondering how they will justify a 2k price point.
However even tho my collecting priority is Alien and Predator above all else I'm hating that design that's rumored to be the one they're working on. To the point I won't buy it... But we'll see. Hopefully we get a decent pose on the Predator... I don't like the P2 maquette pose or the operatic 1/5 poses either they were all WTF to me :lol

Sideshows New Alien details | Radd Titan

I've wanted a half scale Alien and Predator for ages so I'm excited about the news. But in reading the link below it seems these are going to to be more in scale with the Wolf LSF. Unfortunately so is the price. Considering the previous release Big Chap maquette was to me bigger than 1:4 and overscale like the Wolf already I'm wondering how they will justify a 2k price point.
However even tho my collecting priority is Alien and Predator above all else I'm hating that design that's rumored to be the one they're working on. To the point I won't buy it... But we'll see. Hopefully we get a decent pose on the Predator... I don't like the P2 maquette pose or the operatic 1/5 poses either they were all WTF to me :lol

Sideshows New Alien details | Radd Titan
LOL! @ the comment about the 1/5 poses. :lol

Back