SSC Alien 'Big Chap Jesus Pose' & Predator Rumours

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Alien Big Chap LSF & 1987 Predator LSF!!!

Really? :lol
No interest in the Alien, especially if that's true ^

Do I want a 1:2 Pred? Hell yeah.
Do I want Sideshow involved? Probably not.

the only reason why I thought the price on Wolf was justified was cause of the small amount they made of him. A P1 or Alien at slightly bigger than 1/4 scale and price tag at $2k. No thanks. Open ES pieces with ****** ass, plain boxes is a major rip compared to what other companies can do at that price. Like the article writer, I will wait to see if Prime gets the license.

the only reason why I thought the price on Wolf was justified was cause of the small amount they made of him. A P1 or Alien at slightly bigger than 1/4 scale and price tag at $2k. No thanks. Open ES pieces with ****** ass, plain boxes is a major rip compared to what other companies can do at that price. Like the article writer, I will wait to see if Prime gets the license.

They didn't advertise it being a small number until it sold out, and considering they didn't set the ES is this most likely cause it didn't sell that well.

I got mine from bbts when it sold out from SS, so I already knew it was going to be made in a small amount. They could have sold a lot more if they wanted to, but production issues ended it.

I haven't seen that image of the various poses before, I really like number three. This is okay, but the tail needs toning down. It is only an early concept anyway. And I'm Fairly certain it isn't an LSF. Hope they nail the head sculpt.

Thanks for sharing the news!
But I won't spend a penny on those no matter it's a 1/5 scale statue or lsf figure. I only get my money ready for cool props.

I got mine from bbts when it sold out from SS, so I already knew it was going to be made in a small amount. They could have sold a lot more if they wanted to, but production issues ended it.

I've heard people say production issues, but I've never seen SS say anything about that, and considering they did more than one "run" I don't really believe it. There are also not that many of them, and that's because not that many people bought them. I'm inclined to believe that it just didn't sell that well when it was open es.

I've heard people say production issues, but I've never seen SS say anything about that, and considering they did more than one "run" I don't really believe it. There are also not that many of them, and that's because not that many people bought them. I'm inclined to believe that it just didn't sell that well when it was open es.
That was what I remembered as well. Sideshow was getting more returns than they anticipated due to breakages during shipping. That and they probably pulled the plug once they found out their factory in China was putting netting on the legs. :lol

It was on the original one that came in, then got waitlisted and did more so they definitely continued with it even if the netting mistake wasn't on the samples (which it probably was).

Really? :lol
No interest in the Alien, especially if that's true ^

Do I want a 1:2 Pred? Hell yeah.
Do I want Sideshow involved? Probably not.

I second that :rotfl

It was on the original one that came in, then got waitlisted and did more so they definitely continued with it even if the netting mistake wasn't on the samples (which it probably was).

I'm pretty sure your mistaken on the runs. There was only one because it sold out not long after becoming in stock. I don't recall many, if any wait list conversions. Almost everyone had issues besides the netting. Most had broken bases, dreads , missing quills or cracked left legs. There's no way there's more than a few hundred out there. They wouldn't spread such a small amount into multiple batches.

If this really is going to be 1/4 scale and $2000 then it's a pass for me. I'm still not sold on the pose anyway but that price point is ridiculous. I'll stick with my maquette.

It has been confirmed by Igo on the other forum that the Alien will be 1/5 scale , I knew it from the moment I saw the sculpt. :dunno

I hope Prime 1 gets the license too! Will be nice to see a serious company produce a 99.9% accurate Predator!!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Update on the Alien, straight from mr Igo...

It's not 1:4 scale or 1:2 scale, it will be 1:5 scale, I think it puts it at 22" tall total with base. So no way will it be $2,000.

There was no vote on pose, that was just showing some of the options we came up with in 3D prior to choosing a direction, all internal.

Like it or hate it, it's what we went with for this piece. We'll probably more than likely do more Alien pieces in the future, so some of those poses we can consider for those possible candidates.

title needs to be changed on this thread

Back