SSC Alien 'Big Chap Jesus Pose' & Predator Rumours

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS already did a 1/5 Predator line that failed miserably. I don't see them trying it again. I'm surprised they will be attempting Alien stuff at that scale. It will have the same fate as the rest more than likely.

Their 1/5(closer to 1/6) alien line was very good. I have all 4 of them. The dioramas were not bad either.

Their 1/5(closer to 1/6) alien line was very good. I have all 4 of them. The dioramas were not bad either.
I have those four statues too. But honestly I can only say the resurrection one and the dog are good, big chap and surfing warrior are terrible. The palisades A2 warrior statue beats sideshow one almost in every aspects.

The only way the Jesus pose would really make sense is if they do it in faux bronze or metal, and aim for more of a Giger 3D artwork rather then a movie creature statue, like how Giger made the metal chairs/table or like the mic stand he did for Korn, this Alien pose works more like a Giger 3D art instead of the usual movie creature statue we see, so maybe a more appropriate paint job can be done to really push that aspect.

----

SS already did a 1/5 Predator line that failed miserably. I don't see them trying it again. I'm surprised they will be attempting Alien stuff at that scale. It will have the same fate as the rest more than likely.
And they're starting off with this pose too. I don't think that's going to help.

My mind boggles at Sideshows thinking here. Their 3 1:4 scale Alien/Warrior/Runner pieces are all highly sought after, at least worth double on the secondary market to what they retailed for. There is demand for new pieces, new hype with 2 new Alien related movies announced - so they deliver this line... launching with this pose... in this scale...

My mind boggles at Sideshows thinking here. Their 3 1:4 scale Alien/Warrior/Runner pieces are all highly sought after, at least worth double on the secondary market to what they retailed for. There is demand for new pieces, new hype with 2 new Alien related movies announced - so they deliver this line... launching with this pose... in this scale...

I agree. I don't quite get why they are pushing their 1/5 scale line again...and not just with this license. Unless collector's tastes have changed, 1/5 scale wasn't all that popular when they were pushing the line several years ago. I guess they are giving it another go. But with the prices the way they are, I prefer 1/4 scale. But that's just me.

Sideshow have yet to do a decent Alien from the first movie, so not getting hopes up.

I think the 1/4 scale Alien Maquette from a few years ago is a more than "decent" representation from the first movie. I remember the pose was a problem for some people, but the piece turned out great. It is detailed, large, imposing and highly sought after...It's one of my favorite alien pieces (and I have a lot of them:)). That being said, I'll need to see more of this "Jesus" posed alien before passing judgement.

Sideshow have yet to do a decent Alien from the first movie, so not getting hopes up.

tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif

Eh, I'd agree. All of their sculpts have looked off unless they were in collaboration with the original artists.

So wait, has prime 1 confirmed their acquisition of the predator license or is it still smoke and mirrors at this point?

No confirmation, but I don't think it is their priority now anyway even if they did get the license. They want to own the Batman video game stuff first.

All the power to them, they are doing a fantastic job. If they were slightly smaller in scale I'd collect the line for sure. I have no room for more than a couple 1/3 or 1/2 pieces.

I'm still hoping they will go 1/4, but I guess it isn't too likely.

If they announce a 1/4 City Hunter, I'll let out a high pitched yelp, something I can't actually do in any kind of controlled manner.

Eh, I'd agree. All of their sculpts have looked off unless they were in collaboration with the original artists.

I would agree. Sideshow has never done a good Big Chap, not many companies have. Hot Toys did their version, but the face was all kinds of wrong. Seems to be the problem 90% of the time. They can never get the mouth/jaw right.

Back