SSC 1/6 SW Completists

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBATHERIDGE

Super Freak
Reaction score
I remember when the 1/6 SW line was first announced a number of people said they were going to stop collecting everything else SW and focus only on this one line.

I was just wondering how many collectors out there were still completists on this line, I mean have everything including Jabba, Throne Environment, Creature Packs and all released 1/6 figures so far with the rest on preorder.

If you thought you would be a completist and now aren't why is that?

I thought I was going to be a completist until (thinking that the line wouldn't be quite so comprehensive). Since the endor troops and Jabba's throne I have really had to take a step back and define what I really want.

I'm a completist of the SS 12" Bond line (that got me started in S)--- but I haven't purchased the Legacy figures because they just don't fill like actual members of the 12" line--- they're like add-ons.

I'm a completist with the SS 12" SW line---- but the only 12" I've cancelled has been the Endor Troopers. (see above reason)

I'm a completist with the SS 12" LOTR--- and I've been very happy with the three produced thus far.

I have everything released so far. But that will end when they release the Endor Rebels. I will be scaling back on this line though. No more big creatures or anything like that.

Im a completist with the SW line - including the Endor Troopers, which Im really looking forward to, though they should have been $50 less (or AT LEAST a $50 gift card) - Im starting to worry about clutter though. I love the line, but after I grabbed a few PFs, I think I love them more.... Its tough, because I have the completist bug... :monkey2

So far I'm a completist in this line. I've got everything including the Holochess table which was a tough one but I have a feeling that now that I'm focusing more into the MARVEL line of SSC that something will come along to break my streak....as of right now the Endor Strike Force almost did it but I haven't canceled yet.

I am a UK completist thus far but there will be a Jabba sized hole in my collection until I can find one cheap enough in a couple of months.

On the whole though I'm still pleased with this line. I could have done without the troopers to be honest but they are very well executed and will look great posed with a slightly kitbashed Luke & Han.

I was a completist until the Endor Rebel Soldiers came along. That was the point where the line got derailed, IMO.

-Snags

BlueSnaggletooth said:
I was a completist until the Endor Rebel Soldiers came along. That was the point where the line got derailed, IMO.

-Snags

Same for me. The Endor Rebels broke my back as a completist. I then went on to sell Anakin, as the Vader was far superior. I havent ordered Budo or the chess table and I will not be ordering Yavin Luke. I actually like being a non completist. My OCD didnt like it at first but its quite nice not feeling compelled to buy overpriced crap like the chess table.
The money I have saved has gone towards Medicom Boba, Jango and Sandy.

Was a completist with the exclusives, but am sort of of disappointed with the variable quailty of the line. :monkey2 Not that the figures suck or anything, but the OT characters, where I am the most interested in, the production pieces have been less well done. Not a big fan of Jedi Luke or Han, and something is not quite right with Princess Leia either.

So, I decided to back out of the line altogether and just focus on the PFs, which I think (maybe due to the material? the price?) are better done. I also discovered that I'm not a big one on posing and futzing around with the figures. So maybe static poses of the PFs suit me more anyway. :maul

Same here...wasn't thrilled with the overall look of the line. I'm continuing with the LOTR 12" but the only SW 12" I kept is Maul so far.

I was a 1/6 Star Wars completist with a full set of exclusives until I had to cancel the Endor troopers recently to make room in the wallet for the Yoda bust. A few hours later, I found out that Yoda wouldn't be shipping until May. But I had already taken the big step out of completism and it's actually a bit of a relief. I'm sure I would have good luck with the wait list on the Troopers, but I think I am just going to stick with Jedi/Sith or Jabba's Palace characters from now on. I guess I will cancel my holochess board as well. I just don't have room for everything! Completism sounded good for the first year, but now I am getting realistic about the space needed for such dedication.

carbo-fation said:
At first I wanted to because the initial releases were great. But now, I have to keep myself from completely abandoning this line. :eek:

I share the same sentiments. I cant even remember when I actually did a PPO for a SW 12" figure. I passed on the past handful since Jabba.

tomandshell said:
...Completism sounded good for the first year, but now I am getting realistic about the space needed for such dedication.

There you have it. I am a 2006 completist. :rock

BlueSnaggletooth said:

-Snags

Totally, Endor Rebel Brant? :lol

SSC better step up with this line, they are sort of losing me now and those art buck bodies are now woefully obsolete.

Wow bit of consensus going on here.

It looks as though the Endor Rebel Troopers put most people off completing the line, I think it was a little more detailed in terms of character than I'd been expecting.

It was strange that SSC seemed to have a preorder every other week for a new SW 1/6. Eventually I had to bow out because of cost and space, there were other things I wanted to collect at the time and I couldn't afford the cost of keeping the line going. Up until recently though things got really quiet.

I still like the line, but I'm waiting for more Sith and Troopers to start appearing, so for now I'm kinda on hiatus with it.

Back