SSC 1/6 SW Completists

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm personally fine with the Buck bodies. There is only one pose I'd want to do now that I can't: arms folded across the chest reaslistically. Other than that they work fine. Sure they have a little bit of a difficulty in holding a cell phone to their ears, but that isn't exactly a "must-have" pose. Besides, they still have the best wrist joints out of any company I've seen. In fact, its my favorite joint on the Buck body.

Buttmunch said:
I'm personally fine with the Buck bodies. There is only one pose I'd want to do now that I can't: arms folded across the chest reaslistically. Other than that they work fine. Sure they have a little bit of a difficulty in holding a cell phone to their ears, but that isn't exactly a "must-have" pose. Besides, they still have the best wrist joints out of any company I've seen. In fact, its my favorite joint on the Buck body.

I agree with every word. For the current style of characters the body is fine (though I really would like a ANH Leia to have the ability to mirror her PF counterpart in pose).

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I just LOVE your new sig, Josh!

DarthNeil said:
I find Josh's new sig ostentatious and I will wage war on him as an example of a non-sig board member!!! VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!!!!!...:eek:

:monkey2 *small voice*Er...... Josh could you make me a sig? (whimper)

I didn't even make this one. :lol Mine is a combo of a couple peoples work that was put together for me. Robo or someone like that could do one for ya though.

BM that's the thing is honestly I can pretty much do any pose I want with this body.

Realistic body coverings are a must for me. I want a 1/6 character not a friggen toy.

I almost didnt get Leia for that reason alone. Ill swap bodies the moment SSC comes out with one.

jlcmsu said:
I didn't even make this one. :lol Mine is a combo of a couple peoples work that was put together for me. Robo or someone like that could do one for ya though.

OK.... :monkey2

The sig-less journey goes on.

Completist and proud of it. It curious how anyone can say medi is pulling ahead - they've done what, 8 characters total?

Buttmunch said:

Deffinately great points. The one thing I will say I love about Medicom bodies very much so over the Buck is joint looseness. Almost every SSC figure I've gotten came with or easily developed a loose joint somewhere on the body, and that's something that's bugged me all my collecting life with any figure, but every Medi I've owned so far has nice, tight joints that haven't loosen through pretty rigorous reposing, so that's one plus. I think the ultimate 1/6 figure body lies in take the best features of every manufacturer and merging it into one body, they all have major strengths and plusses, but also their own weaknesses, but I think between SSC, HT, Medi, and some of the others, there are enough body elements to mix together to make on perfect figure.

Darklord Dave said:
Completist and proud of it. It curious how anyone can say medi is pulling ahead - they've done what, 8 characters total?

The general impression I get is that people are finding Medicom to be very film accurrate with their most recent releases and prefer their bodies, so while their line isn't excelling past SSC, there's a feeling the quality is better their. I think both make great products, but I think SSC's offering has a better style to it.

MaulFan said:
The general impression I get is that people are finding Medicom to be very film accurrate with their most recent releases and prefer their bodies, so while their line isn't excelling past SSC, there's a feeling the quality is better their. I think both make great products, but I think SSC's offering has a better style to it.
And let's not forget the quality/price issue. SSC definitely wins that one.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
And let's not forget the quality/price issue. SSC definitely wins that one.

Domestically at least, I wonder what the overseas domestic sale price translates to in U.S. dollars, but for sure, as nice as Medi is, I don't see anything that would make sense to the price difference from SSC, but like any collectible, you buy what you want and wage it's value by what the item means to you and go from there.

Still a completist. Have them all. Getting them all.

Even got a second set of Sith probes, so I could have extra Tatooine bases.

I'm Josh-level sickness when it comes to the SW 1/6 scale line. :D

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Realistic body coverings are a must for me. I want a 1/6 character not a friggen toy.

I almost didnt get Leia for that reason alone. Ill swap bodies the moment SSC comes out with one.

Then you need to just buy statues, cause 1/6 are action figures.

Darklord Dave said:

Yes but they have produced the iconic characters that are of a very high quality. Would you rather have 3 below average endor troops or one outstanding Boba Fett???

jlcmsu said:
Ok :rolleyes: How about I like what I'm getting because OH MY GOD I LIKE STAR WARS. WHAT A NOVEL FREAKING CONCEPT. :rolleyes:

Its that kind of atitude that has let sideshow to think that they can put out any sort of crap and charge the earth for it.

Smudger9 said:
Its that kind of atitude that has let sideshow to think that they can put out any sort of crap and charge the earth for it.

Here we go again...:monkey3

Smudger9 said:
Yes but they have produced the iconic characters that are of a very high quality. Would you rather have 3 below average endor troops or one outstanding Boba Fett???

I would talke a SS Mace over a Medi Sandtrooper anyday.

EVILFACE said:
I would talke a SS Mace over a Medi Sandtrooper anyday.

I agree that in terms of quality versus price that Mace is an excellent figure for $55 and I would definately take three SS figure of equal quality over a Medicom Sandtrooper. However, I would take Medicom Jango or Boba over three Endor Troops.

Smudger9 said:
I agree that in terms of quality versus price that Mace is an excellent figure for $55 and I would definately take three SS figure of equal quality over a Medicom Sandtrooper. However, I would take Medicom Jango or Boba over three Endor Troops.

Yea, but you are comparing popular figures over 3 background characters (lol Boba is a background character :rotfl :rotfl )

Same as someone taking Darth Maul over a Clone Trooper.

Back