Chinese Bootlegs, Diablo 3, Tychus Findlay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a few dumb questions that I would be pleased if some nice person could answer. :) I ordered the Diablo 3 Overthrown figure, it looks amazing. By the way I am HUGE Diablo 2 fan - lance barbs ftw! Anyway, why is is it called, "Overthrown". What demon is he standing on? And.....you can't really answer this but...is any of his equipment going to be based on in-game pieces? Because that would be really cool if his axes were end-game axes like say, Hell Slayer, in Diablo 2. K Thx!

Oh, look at this ____! https://cgi.ebay.com/Diablo-3-III-B...213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c564c130d

This friggin' Chinese company is churning out so many Blizzard Entertainment SideShow Collectibles bootlegs and it's probably hard for them to get in trouble because they're in China. You know what? I bought that Tychus Findlay statue from them for $500 and it's a fake! Ahhhhh. Not happy. Here is the figure they sold me, anyone know how you can tell it's a fake?

https://cgi.ebay.com/StarCraft-II-2...226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb1144cca

Whenever I ask them, "What is the company that made that statue?" They reply with something like, "An Blizzard officially licensed Chinese based company". Peace.

-Adam

Last edited:
how can you get a 'good deal' on bootlegs? bootlegs are never a good deal, you're paying for stuff that's fake! may it be a cd/dvd for a few bucks or a statue for over the hundred... fake is never good, not only because you don't have the 'real thing' but also because the quality is usually a lot poorer than of the real stuff.

how can you get a 'good deal' on bootlegs? bootlegs are never a good deal, you're paying for stuff that's fake! may it be a cd/dvd for a few bucks or a statue for over the hundred... fake is never good, not only because you don't have the 'real thing' but also because the quality is usually a lot poorer than of the real stuff.

Agreed, and also some of these statues are not cheap to buy, so why spend hard earned cash on a fake??

Another sign, is getting a statue for wayyy under market value overseas. $500 for that Tychus Statue is to good to be true, when they normally go for $1100-$1500.

I do have to say the bootleg is actually really amazing when you inspect it. I've never seen the real one though. Because of this I am kind of pissed, but not that pissed.

I am currenly enjoying just sitting and looking at my figures. The resin Tycus looks much better than my plastic DC Unlimited WOW figures. Currently I have Diablo figure coming and a REAL WOW SideShow statue from eBay. Long live hand painted resin statues! Much better than mass produced plastic from what I've seen just with this Chinese bootleg. Should I expect better quality with the real SideShow figures that are coming?

Should I shell out the $1,000 for the real figure I see on eBay? They look exactly the same.

Why'd the Tychus Findly go up $700 in price? Starcraft is incredibly popular but so are Diablo and WOW; do guys expect a similar appreciation in value for the WOW and Diablo 3 statues?

I agree with everyone's responses. Bootleg is to be avoided. However, if you're going to get screwed, and that Tycus looks as good as the pictures, at least you got screwed in style.

Should I shell out the $1,000 for the real figure I see on eBay? They look exactly the same.

Why'd the Tychus Findly go up $700 in price? Starcraft is incredibly popular but so are Diablo and WOW; do guys expect a similar appreciation in value for the WOW and Diablo 3 statues?

Not sure how long ago you got the fake, but if it was not long ago and you paid using paypal, you could contact them and let them know you got a re-casted statue. Then maybe you can get your $$ back and spend another $500 to get the real one, instead of wasting another $1000.

Reason I say this is once you know it's fake and you Try and re-sell it later, no one is going to give you more that $100, and that's if you are lucky.
99% of collectors in this hobby want nothing to due with fakes, as you will see the more you come to this site.
And the more and more statues you get, the more and more that fake will eat away at you.

Not sure how long ago you got the fake, but if it was not long ago and you paid using paypal, you could contact them and let them know you got a re-casted statue. Then maybe you can get your $$ back and spend another $500 to get the real one, instead of wasting another $1000.

Reason I say this is once you know it's fake and you Try and re-sell it later, no one is going to give you more that $100, and that's if you are lucky.
99% of collectors in this hobby want nothing to due with fakes, as you will see the more you come to this site.
And the more and more statues you get, the more and more that fake will eat away at you.

I paid through paypal a number of months, you think I could still get my money back? On what grounds? They never said it was SideShow Collectables. However, it looks exactly the same. What can I do and what are the odds of success? Thanks guy.

I have a few dumb questions that I would be pleased if some nice person could answer. :) I ordered the Diablo 3 Overthrown figure, it looks amazing. By the way I am HUGE Diablo 2 fan - lance barbs ftw! Anyway, why is is it called, "Overthrown". What demon is he standing on? And.....you can't really answer this but...is any of his equipment going to be based on in-game pieces? Because that would be really cool if his axes were end-game axes like say, Hell Slayer, in Diablo 2. K Thx!

Oh, look at this ____! https://cgi.ebay.com/Diablo-3-III-B...213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c564c130d

This friggin' Chinese company is churning out so many Blizzard Entertainment SideShow Collectibles bootlegs and it's probably hard for them to get in trouble because they're in China. You know what? I bought that Tychus Findlay statue from them for $500 and it's a fake! Ahhhhh. Not happy. Here is the figure they sold me, anyone know how you can tell it's a fake?

https://cgi.ebay.com/StarCraft-II-2...226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb1144cca

Whenever I ask them, "What is the company that made that statue?" They reply with something like, "An Blizzard officially licensed Chinese based company". Peace.

-Adam

Yea, that $179.99 is definitely a fake as none legit make that size to my knowledge. I have the real thing, Ex Overthrown, and I know because of the highly details on it that its hard to do a recast/fake unless they have the original mold. As for the Sideshow D3 overthrown to D3 game, its definitely accurate to me. I believe the Diablo in D3 have 3 head now so that Barb is standing on one of his skull. Sadly, D3 won't be out any time soon. So I am still playing D2 when I get bored.

I paid through paypal a number of months, you think I could still get my money back? On what grounds? They never said it was SideShow Collectables. However, it looks exactly the same. What can I do and what are the odds of success? Thanks guy.

You can log on to paypal and see if you can still open a dispute for that transaction. If you still can, even though they never said it was from Sideshow it is still a recast of a Sideshow item. Just tell them it is a fake and that you thought you were purchasing a licensed product, not a knockoff of the real deal. Success rate is high when it comes to people selling knockoffs.
Hopefully you can still do it, again depends on how much time has passed...

Yea, that $179.99 is definitely a fake as none legit make that size to my knowledge. I have the real thing, Ex Overthrown, and I know because of the highly details on it that its hard to do a recast/fake unless they have the original mold. As for the Sideshow D3 overthrown to D3 game, its definitely accurate to me. I believe the Diablo in D3 have 3 head now so that Barb is standing on one of his skull. Sadly, D3 won't be out any time soon. So I am still playing D2 when I get bored.

Omg. My Diablo 3 Overthrown arrived today! It is so beautiful.....tears came streaming my down my face when I finally gazed at it fully assembled on my desk...

I ordered the WOW SideShow Collectible statue, have the Diablo 3 one, and will someday have the REAL (stupid Chinese bootlegging bastards) Tychus Findlay. I'm going to continue buying their Blizzard statues. I think I am now a SideShow Freak, lol They have me hooked, like DC Unlimited however they're a little pricier.

Does anyone think the Diablo 3 Overthrown is going to go up to $1,000 once Diablo 3 is released? If not, what's different about Starcraft? Both insanely popular games.

By the way, I filed a case on that knockoff peddling _____ with the Federal Government, the FBI to be exact; using the site www.ic3.gov

The bootleger's name is Lei Lee and is from Panjiayuan, Beijing. eBay Store: UrGifts. https://myworld.ebay.com/urgifts/ Phone number: 861-391-091-8125 Skype: raylee_777 I never called him...what am I going to say? "I must break you"? [email protected] MSN: [email protected]

I got the Exclusive Diablo 3 Overthrown which are sold out long ago. I am surprise the Reg are still available. I believe its sculpted by Pablo Viagio and maybe the goregroup as well. I believe these statue will go up but not for some time as the game is taking forever to come out. I do wish they make more like the Monk and female Sorceress. I played the original Monk from the original Diablo Expansion but man this Monk are so much more. Female Sorceress will be so hot if they make it right.

welcome to collectors club bro...yea its suck to deal wit fake ones not knowing they r fakes

Back