SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a throne without an emperor... :slap Can't wait for the all-but-confirmed HT Emperor to sit in it!

The SSC Emperor even out of he box is a great figure. IMO no need to wait for the HT

Got a sweet deal on the throne but the fig was too much (and was reg, not ex.)

And the SSC fig's decent but I don't love it. Futzed, the Hasbro robe looks nearly as good, the SSC cane is too short and the reg sculpt is bland sculpt with bland paint. Eczamurai's resculpt/repaint really captures the Emperor even better than the ex head does.

The SSC ex head I've seen recast on eBay but the guy wants almost $50 shipped for a bubbly cast that needs paint. If it was $25 I'd do it.

So I'll be happy if there's a HT one in the next 2 years. In the meantime, I'm going to rework the Hasbro one. I get a kick from the Hasbro electronics too!

Just remember one thing regarding the Emperor as a character and then apply the same things to any Emperor figure, statue or bust. Lighting is very important for ROTJ Emperor items IMO. He was never seen in the movie without special lighting, even when getting off the Imperial shuttle, and especially in the throne room.

Just remember one thing regarding the Emperor as a character and then apply the same things to any Emperor figure, statue or bust. Lighting is very important for ROTJ Emperor items IMO. He was never seen in the movie without special lighting, even when getting off the Imperial shuttle, and especially in the throne room.

Yeah, agreed, but look at ecz's custom vs. SSC fig. Sculpt and paint. Even under harsh lighting, the reg head is meh.

Still one of my favourites in my collection.

IMG_99831.JPG
IMG_9987_2_.JPG

Missed this release, so also hoping for an HT second chance. Could see them re-doing the throne, too, but with lighted consoles and Luke's light sabre hilt optionally on the side. Also, I'm assuming they'd add light-up hands with force lightening, similar to what they're doing w/Electro.

What I hope Hot Toys will do is add the extreme wrinkles you see in the close ups.

ep6_bts_1265_r-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

Makes him look scarier imo, the Sideshow (and mine because of it) look too smooth IMO.

Looks good Shooter! I see you went with the classic set up. If you ever want to change the look, I also like him standing with the cane and pointing hand. Had him like that for a couple weeks, looks pretty nice too.

Thanks guys for your comments.
I will try the standing pose next time.
Yes I know the swing is to high, I must chance the pose of Luke and lightsaber a little bit.
And I wil try to repaint his face to like wat you did with your Emperor.

Does anyone have a Hasbro robe that they've put on the SSC Emperor? I'd be curious to see if it fits. I seem to remember the hood being a bit short. I sold mine off long before the SSC Emperor came out. I go fabric shopping every few months, looking for a suitable material, but can never find anything.

@eczamurai
I have done a little repose by Darth Vader and Luke. Not quite satisfy but it will do for now.
Sorry for the crappy phone photos.
3462wiq.jpg

2wr3urd.jpg

Back