SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope that Hot Toys will eventually release a Palpatine/Sidious figure, or better yet, do another Chancellor/Emperor two-pack of sorts in the style of the first DX Joker that had swappable parts & outfits to make both regular and police officer Joker. If they do, I think I have the perfect piece of artwork that they could use for the box.

Scan0002.jpg

I fully expect an Emperor Palpatine figure from Hot Toys at some point. It seems like a logical choice to be made. The Sideshow one actually looks decent to me but I'm not interested for it and the throne for the aftermarket prices they go for.

The SSC Emperor is very cool. Not perfect but still a fantastic figure. The throne was fragile, a bit too narrow at the top, but a great piece. And to be honest, after seeing a few SW sculpts made by HT and also the new Vader, I'm not that enthusiastic about them anymore. On other lines (non-SW) most of the HT sculpts are insanely good. With SW they kind of dropped the ball... :(

On other lines (non-SW) most of the HT sculpts are insanely good. With SW they kind of dropped the ball... :(

I haven't really looked at HT's current SW lineup aside from Vader and the Stormtrooper, but that is disappointing to hear.

They might improve the sculpts in the end, but some of the protos as not that good. HT Vader is not looking as good as it should either. :(

The second greatest movie villain falling way down on the page numbers for my liking. :mad:

I know it isn't the Emperor technically but hey who cares :dunno -

Is that a repaint?

I'm looking at it and thinking how much has Sideshow improved over the years comparing to the new Hot Han and Luke? Answer: probably not much. In some ways they're worse off now. :(

Very nice mods, might have to change the bodies on mine now, I also reused the old hasbro outfit and the ex head and soare hands to make a second emperor and used epoxy to put wrinkles on a spare standard neck post.

Thanks. :) I will actually buy a slim body soon to hopefully improve his proportions a bit more. I think a retailoring of the outer robe is in order then, as well. Comparing him to the screenshot I posted before, his arms to upper body ratio is still completely off.

Do you have some pics of that second Emperor you made? Sounds good.

Thanks. :) I will actually buy a slim body soon to hopefully improve his proportions a bit more. I think a retailoring of the outer robe is in order then, as well. Comparing him to the screenshot I posted before, his arms to upper body ratio is still completely off.

Do you have some pics of that second Emperor you made? Sounds good.
i have a couple of shots, but appears before I resculpted the neck, will take some on the weekend in good light

Is that a repaint?

I'm looking at it and thinking how much has Sideshow improved over the years comparing to the new Hot Han and Luke? Answer: probably not much. In some ways they're worse off now. :(

Nope, all stock my friend.

I loved my emperor + throne but it take too many area in my besta ...
Someone look for one?

For starters an emperor that actually looks evil would be nice. The SSC emperor looks like a nice old man almost. People here have painted and/or resculpted him to good effect but unfortunately for me I'm **** at those sorts of things.

For starters an emperor that actually looks evil would be nice. The SSC emperor looks like a nice old man almost. People here have painted and/or resculpted him to good effect but unfortunately for me I'm **** at those sorts of things.

emp2.jpg

I always thought mine looked pretty crotchety.

Yes, the angry sculpt works better but I just wish that the "regular" sculpt which is the only one I have would look more menacing and have more of the ROTJ emperor. Wether that guy smiles or just has a blank stare he oozes of evil superiority and every word is dagger, the toy version isn't quite there I think.

My spare palps on bobas body with a custom sculpted neck and hasbro clothes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg