SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2n173bc.jpg

So be it.. Jedi.

219t4ld.jpg

If you will not be turned...

2s1n7gl.jpg

qmxglg.jpg

I resculpted it.
2n173bc.jpg

And repainted it. :)

After/Before the wire.

Pictures from the thread. There might be more, but I only gave it a minute or two. :)

That's amazing. What color paint did you use?

I basically used white. white with a tiny bit of blue and red, looks a bit greyish blue with a bit of red for realism. I'm not sure, i mixed it up a bit can't recall exact. All I can say is that he's very pale. :rock

The area underneath his eyes is purplish/pink.

The outfit was retailored. Sideshow needs to uppen its game on a figure with only 2 robes.

Nice job on the retailoring. Do you know what kind of fabric they used? Does it have the waffle pattern? I haven't been able to find a good picture showing any pattern.

Wow, eczamurai's head captures the menace of the character better than even the SSC exclusive "snarling" head does.

It's great work because the regular SSC head that is the basis for eczamurai's resculpt just doesn't have any menace about it at all, and oddly, doesn't have that great of a likeness to the Emperor. The resculpt just nails it.

Great work!

Wow, eczamurai's head captures the menace of the character better than even the SSC exclusive "snarling" head does.

It's great work because the regular SSC head that is the basis for eczamurai's resculpt just doesn't have any menace about it at all, and oddly, doesn't have that great of a likeness to the Emperor. The resculpt just nails it.

Great work!

Thank you very much for the compliments! Im sure alot of you guys could pull of the resculpt as well. Its really not that hard, all i changed were the eyebrows and ofcourse the repaint. The latter of which was far more difficult. Im humbled. :)

Thank you very much for the compliments! Im sure alot of you guys could pull of the resculpt as well. Its really not that hard, all i changed were the eyebrows and ofcourse the repaint. The latter of which was far more difficult. Im humbled. :)

So other than the eyebrows, you didn't sculpt and/or sand down anything? I've always loved the way your Emperor came out, and since I have my Emperor boxed up because I was unhappy with him, I might as well try this myself. It worked on Maul. :)
I don't think I have the skills to retailor the robes, unless it's a minor thing to do, but if not I will just have to futz him extensively. And perhaps put him on a new body, mine is super flimsy.

So other than the eyebrows, you didn't sculpt and/or sand down anything? I've always loved the way your Emperor came out, and since I have my Emperor boxed up because I was unhappy with him, I might as well try this myself. It worked on Maul. :)
I don't think I have the skills to retailor the robes, unless it's a minor thing to do, but if not I will just have to futz him extensively. And perhaps put him on a new body, mine is super flimsy.

That's all I did. That and a repaint. I noticed the brows make him look sad. The mouth is good very good, but when combined with the brows he gets a puppy look.

Back