SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Looks like one piece robe; head to toe. And, definitely the hands are different.

It's 2 layers to his costume, similar to the Sidious costume. There's a hooded outer robe, then a full length inner garment as well with a cloth belt tied around it.

Considering the fact that Darth Sidious was on a buck that could very well be because they can't use the Pro neck adapter due to his wrinkled flesh.

Why not? Just use an adapter like HT does. End of story.

I just noticed he has a sculpted neck which means 1 of 2 things.

1. They're doing sculpted necks on the Pro now or 2. He's on a Buck.

Hopefully it's 1. I'd also like to see Tarkin have a sculpted neck but not be on a Buck so hopefully this is a sign to a new neck style for Pro figures.

Never liked the Pro neck adapters anyway. Makes them look bobbleheaded.

Easy pass...

Just ????ing. :lol So glad my day off next week is the 18th. About bloody time we have this. :rock :rock :rock :emperor:emperor:emperor

No they are not. The Sideshow ones have a wierd Adam's apple that doesn't look natural. The Hot Toys ones are better.

It's 2 layers to his costume, similar to the Sidious costume. There's a hooded outer robe, then a full length inner garment as well with a cloth belt tied around it.

I get that:monkey3, but the 2 pack sidious had that velvety thing which I don't see on this one.

I hope he has two portraits. The one in the picture and a second really nasty angry "Im frying the s&*$ outta you BOY!"

What good are force lightning hands if he looks sorta bored while zapping luke?:emperor

I assume both the Emperor and Throne will have exclusives since both are PPO's. What could they be? Luke's saber hilt for the throne? For the Emperor, maybe Luke's binders or lightning hands?

I get that:monkey3, but the 2 pack sidious had that velvety thing which I don't see on this one.

You won't see the velvet on this figure, that's only part of the Revenge of the Sith Sidious costume.

The Sidious figure is for this costume.

darth-sidious.jpg

This new figure is for this costume.

emperor.jpg

Awesome. I can finally preorder a Star Wars figure. First since Lando.

I assume both the Emperor and Throne will have exclusives since both are PPO's. What could they be? Luke's saber hilt for the throne? For the Emperor, maybe Luke's binders or lightning hands?

I'm still not certain the throne is separate. The listing is for one PPO date and time. I know Frodo and Sam went up for PPO at the same time, but other than that, when there's multiple PPO items there's been different times.

I'm still not certain the throne is separate. The listing is for one PPO date and time. I know Frodo and Sam went up for PPO at the same time, but other than that, when there's multiple PPO items there's been different times.

I think they'll do an Ex w/throne and a normal without, ala Thrawn. That's why they listed them as separate pieces in the blurb in the newsletter.

Friday, December 18, 2009, is the day you'll want to circle on your calendar because you'll be able to lock-in your Pre-Orders for Sideshow Collectibles' Exclusive Emperor Palpatine 12-inch Figure and Imperial Throne 12-inch Figure Environment. Both items will be available to qualified newsletter members on December 18th at 10AM (Pacific Time) through separate Priority Pre-Orders, so make sure you're eligible for these PPOs through the link marked 'Priority Pre-Order Qualification Info'. Zip on down to the preview link to be treated to a first look at these 1/6 scale 'Star Wars' pieces!

They seem pretty specific about it being seperate PPO's.

Back