SSC 1/6 501st Legion Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's just going to be a mystery when you get the figure, though if it's not 1/6, then it'll be all folded up unless they pack the figure in an oversized shipping box with the poster packed outside of the figure box.

I can see it being folded. But the blue milk stain still has me believing it's 1:6 and one of the worst exclusives to date. :lol

If it's 1/6, then I'd kinda think anyone paying extra money for it is wasting cash when you can save the photo off the site and print a 1/6 version that will look just fine.

I really like how much more grittier the armor looks compared to the previous Clones, it looks really good. I'll be curious to see what the Ex. is, I can't imagine it's just a display base to get a PPO, though I guess that's not much different from Greedo's poster.

He's really beat up looking in the photo in the SWI. I liked how it looked for what its worth. Yeah, not sure what the Ex will be but its gotta be something to get a PPO. They havent done that for any of the clones.

Trying to think of something besides the base to included, I can't think of anything they came in contact with in ROTS that wouldn't be standard, any my only other guess would be a Phase 2 alternate helmet but then they couldn't release a Phase 2 501st.

Yeah, I can't think of anything myself. Maybe a special weapon they used in the EU or maybe something from the Jedi Temple? Other than that it could be just they expect the 501st to be really popular.

Edit: I can try and take a picture of the shot in the SWI tomorrow to show just how gritty it looks.

Don't go nuts Josh, what's visible in Sideshow's image shows plenty enough, and we'll probably have their full gallery Wednesday.

Trying to think of something besides the base to included, I can't think of anything they came in contact with in ROTS that wouldn't be standard, any my only other guess would be a Phase 2 alternate helmet but then they couldn't release a Phase 2 501st.

a Phase 2 alternate would be awesome! with a Rex figure on the horizon, releasing a blue Phase 2 on its own may be a reach...

Don't go nuts Josh, what's visible in Sideshow's image shows plenty enough, and we'll probably have their full gallery Wednesday.

Yeah, we'll see something early next week for sure. If folks want to see something I'll try. Either way its not a biggie.

It'd be nice, but like doing all the paint variants, they won't want to miss out on selling full Phase 2 versions where they can.

Instead of the Exc. stands what SSC should have done was make (for each newly released clone version) a clean non-battle damage version the Exc...

I asked Sideshow about this and they gave an answer in their Q-n-A.

Armored troops: Great job so far for the most part. But I am a fan of clean, formation-ready troops because I am a troop-builder and having 7 Clone Troopers with identical battle damage/weathering detracts from variety in a display. I realize that customizing is an option, but it would kill a lot of birds with one stone if every armored troop came clean. The collectors who want weathering can add it, those who would change it anyway get to save the step of removing the original, and it might save a little on the cost of production for the figures. What are the chances that Sideshow would consider discontinuing the weathering of armored troops, or make the weathering to be all or part of the addition to only the exclusive versions?

This has been a challenging question to answer internally too – whether it’s better to represent the clones as factory fresh or with weathering. Ultimately, we’ve let the source material serve as our guide – if they appear weathered in the films or on the television show, they’ll most likely appear weathered within our line. It is possible that we will offer a clean & shiny version of some of the most popular Clones at some point, and we are kicking around a couple of options for a sort of clean & deluxe option for you white clone fans, but nothing has been firmly decided at this point.

<!-- // ENDS PAGE-CONTENT -->

Anyone notice the misspelling in the 501st banner? It says "Vader's First" not "Vader's Fist".

*nerd voice* OMG, what a bunch of morons at SSC. Snort snort. *nerd voice*

I asked Sideshow about this and they gave an answer in their Q-n-A.

Armored troops: Great job so far for the most part. But I am a fan of clean, formation-ready troops because I am a troop-builder and having 7 Clone Troopers with identical battle damage/weathering detracts from variety in a display. I realize that customizing is an option, but it would kill a lot of birds with one stone if every armored troop came clean. The collectors who want weathering can add it, those who would change it anyway get to save the step of removing the original, and it might save a little on the cost of production for the figures. What are the chances that Sideshow would consider discontinuing the weathering of armored troops, or make the weathering to be all or part of the addition to only the exclusive versions?

This has been a challenging question to answer internally too – whether it’s better to represent the clones as factory fresh or with weathering. Ultimately, we’ve let the source material serve as our guide – if they appear weathered in the films or on the television show, they’ll most likely appear weathered within our line. It is possible that we will offer a clean & shiny version of some of the most popular Clones at some point, and we are kicking around a couple of options for a sort of clean & deluxe option for you white clone fans, but nothing has been firmly decided at this point.

<!-- // ENDS PAGE-CONTENT -->

If the clone was never seen beat up then I'm ok with it but otherwise I want these guys looking like they've been in battle. So I'm glad SS is taking that approach honestly.

I'm happy with the Clean Phase I Clone , no others are necessary.

I feel the same really. I ordered one with the instock special this week and thats the only clean clone I need. The only way I'm adding more is if they do different paint schemes on the Ep 2 Clones.

we'll i'd assume that since they basically destroyed the jedi temple and there was a lot of destruction going on, they'd probably get dirty while doing it. same look as the movie = :rock

If the clone was never seen beat up then I'm ok with it but otherwise I want these guys looking like they've been in battle. So I'm glad SS is taking that approach honestly.

I am glad to read that they are willing to re-visit the clones with clean versions. But honestly, as well as they are doing...I just don't see it as being enough to justify the re-visiting.

Back