1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of pin did you use to connect the ears?

Just normal clothing pins. Cut the top and bottom off.

HUNCH FIX:

So I figured out a way of creating a lot more articulation on the neck and head. He can now look up when fully hunched over.
I took some "how to" pics as I went, will post later. But basically at his very lowest lean point now, his head can freely look up and around. I don't know whether I just got lucky with my figure, but he comes apart very easily. Once you get him apart it's easy to see what's wrong and fix it. As you can see his back is nearly horizontal in these pics (just to demo the neck).

Last edited:
I believe the proper way to achieve the hunch, rather than tilting the collar back, the collar should be brought further downward beyond its limit. And then the head should be tilted up. That would create the hump he has in the film

Yeah that's easy to do now as well. The collar isn't an issue anymore, it's the joints I changed not the space between parts (I didn't move back shoulder blades or anything!)

I don't know why you wouldn't be 100% happy with those Wor-Gar, I think they look excellent, and your repainted battle damage looks better than it did as well, looks less like a transfer now. I haven't touched that face plate yet.

Thanks, Rory.

I'm eager to see what you'll do with the EX damaged mask. If I redo the eyes on that I was thinking of making the eye under the damaged mask a little more damaged and maybe more bloodshot just for fun.

Oh no, oh no..... more work. Looks so much better. Meaner. Damn you, Rory....

Thanks, Rory.

I'm eager to see what you'll do with the EX damaged mask. If I redo the eyes on that I was thinking of making the eye under the damaged mask a little more damaged and maybe more bloodshot just for fun.

Oh no, oh no..... more work. Looks so much better. Meaner. Damn you, Rory....

:lol it's a lot easier than doing the eye area man, you know you want too... :lol

This thread just keeps getting better and better. You guys are taking a pretty nice high ender and really placing it on another level.

Rory's killing me... now when I look at my Grievous with unmodded ears all I see is this....

Dumbo-1941-classic-movies-34894161-1920-1080.jpg

Keep at it. You'll get it. I did two or three passes in clay on the first head before I was satisfied (at the moment anyway). It's so worth it once you conquer it.

I really don't understand all the light-up stuff going on. Light up eyes and now a light up chest. I mean, its one thing if he was like that in the movie. Talk about turning your high-end collectible into a glow-in-the-dark toy....

yeah, I don't get it either. No reason for it.

Check your figures for this. Wonder if hand washing/soaking the cape in warm water would get rid of the excess red dye. But then you run the risk of it running into the grey. arrgh.

So frustrated by this. I haven't checked mine yet, will do tomorrow. But if its true, and I've got reddish shoulder armor on Grievous now, I swear I'm done with Sideshow.

So frustrated by this. I haven't checked mine yet, will do tomorrow. But if its true, and I've got reddish shoulder armor on Grievous now, I swear I'm done with Sideshow.
I hope it's not the case with yours. I wonder if spraying the cape with Scotch Guard would help this from happening. Obviously, you shouldn't have to do anything like this.

I wouldn't worry about the cape too much until we see something more definitive, personally. I'm sure there's a way, like McHaley mentions, to treat the cape if bleeding really is a problem.

Dipping in white vinegar and washing in barely warm water, seals dye also. Hmm.. Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of this before freaking out. I checked mine this morning, and although my cloak hasn't been on the body all thee time, it has been laid over pretty much on and off the whole time. No staining on mine.

I really hope thats just the case... it would really really suck if it does have bleeding issues... Bu-bu-buzzz kill!

Would it be possible dremmel the front of the socket on the torso ( the top of the organ sac ) where the collar connects to the body ? Or would that compromise the joint ? I think that would enable the body to remain upright while allowing the neck and head to move forward.

Check your figures for this. Wonder if hand washing/soaking the cape in warm water would get rid of the excess red dye. But then you run the risk of it running into the grey. arrgh.

Im really curious about this bleeding red cape. I would like to keep mine displayed with the cape but Im afraid of this supposed bleeding. This is the first time I have heard of it. Can anyone post pics of their Grievous shoulders that have cape dye bleeding into it? Is this true that this is happening????

Back