1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not finding canon reference on wikis or visual dictionaries, but it looks like sort of mucus to me, expecially the hanging part over his left eye.
star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-730.png

Are you talking about the arc across the eye, or the metal pieces imbedded in his lower lids?

I'm not finding canon reference on wikis or visual dictionaries, but it looks like sort of mucus to me, expecially the hanging part over his left eye.
star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-730.png
hmm. I'd never noticed it before, but there are little 'wires' or 'worm-like' things protruding from Grievous' skin, under the eyes, beneath the mask.

What metal pieces? I see a nictitating membrane.

Which has nothing to do with his lower eyelids, get a monitor with some resolution, its not hard to see the pieces and I'm on my handheld.

Edit: On re-reading that sounds harsh, but it wasn't meant to be. Bottom line, its hard to tell what it is, if you can't even see it, its not like its easy to explain it.

Last edited:
hmm. I'd never noticed it before, but there are little 'wires' or 'worm-like' things protruding from Grievous' skin, under the eyes, beneath the mask.

Exactly, is that arc on the left eye (his, not our left) part of that device? I'm thinking theres alot of metallic gleem on the imbedded portions, although the part spanning the eye could be worm or wire... or mucus... or.... :lol

For those that can't see it, it actually crosses over both the membrane and the eye at an angle opposite the membrane.

It's Mucas that's in/dripping over the eye.
It's wires of some kind that are coming out of his skin and into/under the mask.
GrevEyes1.jpg
GrevEyes2.jpg

Ugh -- trying to customize my 2nd mask -- the EX mask -- and was glued so tight took me several hours to get it loose. Finally got it, working on the skin now. Rewarding when finished, so aggravating while doing.

WORD OF CAUTION: when working the eyeplate back and forth, be very careful what you are rubbing the front of the mask on. Because if it is rough in the least, like a paper towel or such, you will rub the paint off the front of the mask. I rubbed off a small section along the bridge of the mask that I have since repainted back to normal. It is the damaged mask so a little more 'damage' is OK -- in fact I made it a lot more damaged.

But just want to warn you guys who try this mod. Use a t-shirt or something soft if you lay the mask down on something; no rough towels ot paper towels.

Are we sure they're stitches and not part of his face. Isnt he supposed to be some sort of reptilian creature.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

No idea what they are. Just a guess on the stitches thing. Seems pretty primitive to "stitch" eyes to a mask, but with Star Wars you never know where their science starts and ends.

When heating the mask to remove the eyes, how did you prevent the small antennas from deforming (like mine just did - oops)

When heating the mask to remove the eyes, how did you prevent the small antennas from deforming (like mine just did - oops)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. I was very, VERY careful about that as I've had thin plastic warn before. You need to angle the hairdryer so it doesn't hit that stuuf too much. It will only warp if you're blasting right on it. Sorry to hear that though. Hope it didn't warp too bad. Worse case, if you have the EX it could work as a damaged mouth piece.

It should have been obvious to me but in the heat of the moment LOL But this is why I picked the regular head to work on first.
I'll have a crack at re-heating gently and see if I can recover it.

Never used milliput before either. Jump in with both feet...that's me :yess:

Did the Ex mask today. Tried to get the details finer -- I felt my first attempt (on the reg mask) had more dramatic bags under the eyes but it was not truly accurate to the source. I just can't get the detail level that Rory achieved...

Here's the two masks -- first go on the left (reg mask), today's work on the right (ex mask)

Ex + Reg 1.jpgEx + Reg 5.jpg

I realized too late that I had rubbed off some of the battle damage and detail paint on the mask during my struggling to get the eyeplate off so I had to do a little repaint touch-up on the mask so that's why my damage might look different from others.

Amazing work Wor. If mine turns out anywhere near that, Ill be ecstatic!

EDIT. First attempt was a complete disaster. It's an incredibly small area to work in. My fingers are way too big.
Going to have to rethink this.

Back