1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im really curious about this bleeding red cape. I would like to keep mine displayed with the cape but Im afraid of this supposed bleeding. This is the first time I have heard of it. Can anyone post pics of their Grievous shoulders that have cape dye bleeding into it? Is this true that this is happening????
The fact that the guy who originally made this claim has not posted pics or followed up leaves me suspect to said claim. If no one else sees any evidence of the 'bleed' then I don't think we should worry.

I checked mine today - no sign of any bleeding.
Glad to hear it. Mine's on it's way, and I wasn't looking forward to this possible head ache.
Hopefully, this will mean that the biggest tragedy is how SSC attached the ears. That...and the joints. I loved how the joints looked on the prototype. Maybe they were just too fragile.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think the red cape is an issue, not at the moment anyway. I think perhaps the person who posted that was mistaken when looking at the "warm" airbrushed texture on the edges of some of the armor.

I was messing around with the arms today. Just for anyone who is interested. You can pull the "full" hands quite easily off the full arms and put them on the more easily posable half arms. I'm gonna mod the half arms into the full arms I think, Can't bare the articulation on the pistons.

I agree. Still worries me just a tad with the red cape. Maybe he displays his in front the window to watch the sun rise and bathe in it all day. So I guess its safe to put my awesome cape back on?

That's a beautiful hunch.

What happens if you raise his back end up higher, so he isn't crouched into his knees as much? Can he put his head back then?

yeah, it still works, obviously the more knee bend the better, let me take a quick snap.

That's a beautiful hunch.

What happens if you raise his back end up higher, so he isn't crouched into his knees as much? Can he put his head back then?
This is him standing almost upright, way more than I would pose him naturally, the hunch still looks a lot better IMO.
So it's his shoulder blades that create the height of the hunch, getting the neck ring and the entire head piece to drop down makes it look like grievous I think.

By opening the joints I've allowed the head to drop along with the neck ring and also angle up is required.
He still has a nice enough cloak height behind his head. Lower him down a bit and it's pretty perfect I think..

and in a more Grievous pose...

I guess I meant to leave his torso more horizontal and just straighten out his legs a bit. Not standing upright, but just the legs not as bent. Curious if he could support a more level (horizontal) torso and head while the legs were extended longer so he isn't at or below 12" height. Even when hunched, Grievous was still taller than Anakin (hence the joke "you're shorter than I expected").

I guess I meant to leave his torso more horizontal and just straighten out his legs a bit. Not standing upright, but just the legs not as bent. Curious if he could support a more level (horizontal) torso and head while the legs were extended longer so he isn't at or below 12" height. Even when hunched, Grievous was still taller than Anakin (hence the joke "you're shorter than I expected").

Not sure I understand exactly.. sorry I can be a himbo :lol

Is this what you mean? I don't have an Anakin, Luke will have to do.. anyway, he can pretty much keep any height now and still keep his face looking forward or up.

You are doing a fantastic job with your modification. With every mod you are sliding that "lever" further to capturing the GG screen personality and likeness. Kinda like comparing IM2 Black Widow to the new CA WS Black Widow to the "stock" GG!!! OK maybe not to that extent but you get me point.

Always look forward to your new GG mods to see how far you can push it!

Maybe if SS's Grievous looked more like yours (but with head below collar level when hunched) I would have made the purchase.

Well that just amazing Rory. Really enjoying seeing hoe this figure is developing. The neck mod is something more at my skill level but
I can't see me posing him with the hunch, so not sure I'll a go at it. I like Grievous in a more aggressive pose.

Back