1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic work, Rory! I hope my waitlist comes through on this figure. I was a bit bummed that he couldn't get into his hunched position but I'm thrilled to see that you managed to mod it so that it's possible. It's nice to see that paint tutorial as well.

Rory....it's jaw-dropping. Really impressive stuff there. Love it all, but the cape work is just fantastic...transforms the figure.

Those eyes are so alluring. I want to pick one up everytime you post a close up shot of his face.

So this is officially the most modded thing I've ever attempted. I made new arms today by "joining" the split arms. They now have proper (non piston) joints. I also fixed and rearranged the armour and chest plates. I was using screen ref. He is starting to feel a bit more like Grievous to me now. :lol Back armour is not in these pics so he seems a bit "hollow".

CARNAGE::

New Arms (I'm going to add another bar to biceps)

More accurate armour and proportions (temp placed, want to paint before permanently glueing)

I admire Rory's fearlessness with modding a figure like this, but I prefer stock, personally. The chest looks crushed-in (emaciated) and the shoulders are like satellites, they're so far away. Paint on the mask is infinitely better, though, no doubt.

Haha wow, seeing the figure all torn up like that was terrifying. Will you be posting a step by step? The end result looks really good. Do you feel the figure is more fragile now or less?

I admire Rory's fearlessness with modding a figure like this, but I prefer stock, personally. The chest looks crushed-in (emaciated) and the shoulders are like satellites, they're so far away. Paint on the mask is infinitely better, though, no doubt.

No accounting for taste, but the two things you pointed out are interesting, the chest is no more emancipated that the original just moved around, to close the gap a little and the satellite shoulders are now actually closer to the body than the stock figure? I moved them closer.
Perhaps your not familiar with seeing the stock figure standing nude like this. Anyway each to their own.

Haha wow, seeing the figure all torn up like that was terrifying. Will you be posting a step by step? The end result looks really good. Do you feel the figure is more fragile now or less?

Strength wise it's exactly the same, it's interesting the way SS put this together, it's completely modular. Each section is just superglued together like a kit, makes modding it easy enough. The only drastic things I did were splitting the extra arms and pulling off the ear fins to reattach them properly. Everything else is still pretty much stock. It's a tougher figure than people think though, I have put it through the ringer while working on it. :lol

No accounting for taste, but the two things you pointed out are interesting, the chest is no more emancipated that the original just moved around, to close the gap a little and the satellite shoulders are now actually closer to the body than the stock figure? I moved them closer.
Perhaps your not familiar with seeing the stock figure standing nude like this. Anyway each to their own.
Yeah, could be my unfamiliarity (I only took Grievous out for maybe 20 minutes before boxing it back up) or the angle of the shot. Chest there just looks really compressed to me but thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, could be my unfamiliarity (I only took Grievous out for maybe 20 minutes before boxing it back up) or the angle of the shot. Chest there just looks really compressed to me but thanks for the clarification.
:duff
No worries man, it is probably just the shot, that wasn't glued yet, just blu-taced together. I just put him back together properly will post a pic in a min. At the end of the day it's all very subjective anyway.
I'm pretty happy how he has come together.

Rory are you planning to post a how to video for your cape mod? I'd love to do that myself but have no idea how. Thanks.

I will, I haven't gotten around to finishing the cloak yet.

So this is WIP, but almost entirely back together, some parts painted some not. I have a job to do on his hands next.
But happy enough with his look so far, keep in mind this is a static standing pose, which I would never put Grievous in.

He looks great, just standing there like that, Rory!
If you put something reflective behind his eyes, it adds even more depth:
a4.jpg

Back