1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Wor-Gar, excellent job :rock

Don't think I'll end up doing mine, I'd love to as it looks sooooo much better, but don't think I'd be able to do it.

Did the Ex mask today. Tried to get the details finer -- I felt my first attempt (on the reg mask) had more dramatic bags under the eyes but it was not truly accurate to the source. I just can't get the detail level that Rory achieved...

Here's the two masks -- first go on the left (reg mask), today's work on the right (ex mask)

View attachment 96919View attachment 96920

I realized too late that I had rubbed off some of the battle damage and detail paint on the mask during my struggling to get the eyeplate off so I had to do a little repaint touch-up on the mask so that's why my damage might look different from others.
Looks fantastic Wor-Gar!
:rock

...finally got mine to stand up on his own! :lol

Last edited:
Lit Eye and Mucus eye Grievous

WIP shots of my lit eye and mucus eye Greivous. Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    550.2 KB · Views: 484
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 458
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 468
Amazing work Wor. If mine turns out anywhere near that, Ill be ecstatic!

I think they look fantastic Wor!!! Great job!!

Well done Wor-Gar, excellent job :rock

Don't think I'll end up doing mine, I'd love to as it looks sooooo much better, but don't think I'd be able to do it.

Looks fantastic Wor-Gar!
:rock

Agreed! Love how he looks more sinister versus the puppy dog micro series look!

Thanks guys. Truly appreciate the props.

EDIT. First attempt was a complete disaster. It's an incredibly small area to work in. My fingers are way too big.
Going to have to rethink this.

I have the same trouble. Either Rory is insanely talented or he is a pygmy.

I rigged a magnifying glass and used a pin (needle) to sculpt lines after I layed the clay in. Yes, I'm also using clay rather than Miliput. That probably makes things more difficult too.

Hey Rory, would using actual Miliput (as opposed to clay) make this work any easier?

Thanks guys. Truly appreciate the props.

I have the same trouble. Either Rory is insanely talented or he is a pygmy.

I rigged a magnifying glass and used a pin (needle) to sculpt lines after I layed the clay in. Yes, I'm also using clay rather than Miliput. That probably makes things more difficult too.

Hey Rory, would using actual Miliput (as opposed to clay) make this work any easier?

Well, I'm not a Pygmy. 6.1"! And I suffer from big man hand issue the same as most! I've always worked on tiny detailed things though, I used to get crucified at art college for it.
Clay v Milliput, I don't know, it's the same process really, but the one area which Milliput would help things is that it is still sculpt able as it dries.
This means that when it's semi hard you can still add detail, so I suppose it would help, never really thought of it to be honest. I love it though, it's wonderful stuff and dries into rock hard plastic. Sandable, paintable and sticks to almost anything.

Yeah, think I'm going to need a magnifying glass. Can I just ask, when you apply the milliput, you're just laying down a thin layer
and sculpting the skin creases in?

Yeah, think I'm going to need a magnifying glass. Can I just ask, when you apply the milliput, you're just laying down a thin layer
and sculpting the skin creases in?

Have a look at the diagram on the first page, it's pretty accurate to what I did, add the pieces on, then blend down the edges with a sharp tool.
Then create the ridges with the tip of a blade or sculpting tool.

Have a look at the diagram on the first page, it's pretty accurate to what I did, add the pieces on, then blend down the edges with a sharp tool.
Then create the ridges with the tip of a blade or sculpting tool.

Thanks Rory. I didn't really smooth out the milliput enough I think

I'll swap you Grievous heads then Wor LOL

Keep at it. You'll get it. I did two or three passes in clay on the first head before I was satisfied (at the moment anyway). It's so worth it once you conquer it.

Saw this on eBay,thought it was worth posting

I really don't understand all the light-up stuff going on. Light up eyes and now a light up chest. I mean, its one thing if he was like that in the movie. Talk about turning your high-end collectible into a glow-in-the-dark toy....

For anyone interested, not that Rory's tutorial isn't badass enough cause it's spot on, there are literally tons of YouTube videos showing how to sculpt with milliput. Just do a simple search and you'll see why Rory's technique is so killer.

They are attached at the sides by square block/peg. Mine came off pretty easily, but it depends on how well glued yours was.

Last edited:
FINS/EARS:

Started to work on the "ears".

I reshaped them a little, made the points finer, matched the screen version a bit better.

New Pins added. I melted slots into the back of the fins to fit the pins. Then cut off the pinheads with a wire cutter to make strong bars to connect to the head (as per the movie version). I drilled holes in the head to hold the pins.

...and onto the head. They are now positionable (well loosely) I think I will set them in a choice pose, from what I've seen angled inwards at the mouth, tilted back slightly seems pretty Grievous. The main thing for me was to get them separate from the head visually and angle them inwards. For some reason SS put them on very straight and linear, which goes against the actual design. And I hated the flat rectangular "plugs" which stuck them into the side of head. The CG Grievous had thin black pins attaching the ears, sometimes visible, sometimes not. I have clean up and painting to do on this before I permanently attach fins.

Last edited:
While we're waiting for Rory to do his magic on the Grievous parts, here's more eyes :)

View attachment 97052
View attachment 97053View attachment 97054

I really want to get miliput and try this all over again.

I don't know why you wouldn't be 100% happy with those Wor-Gar, I think they look excellent, and your repainted battle damage looks better than it did as well, looks less like a transfer now. I haven't touched that face plate yet.

Back