Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Operation Battlefront

Nice! You were one of the reasons I started buying all the clone troopers.

The reason I have all most of my clone troopers hahaha. I was planning on only getting like fives echo and rex. Now i have all the clone commanders and started customizing and have plans for many mkore as my paychecks come in haha

Haha yep. Thanks man. I'm still not completely happy with the camo. Odds are I'll try some different techniques on Waxer and come back and fix Boil.

I think the camo is fine-if you REALLY don't like it, I can give him a home...

I'm not big into Clone Trooper variants - but I'm digging the look and effect.

Thanks man.

I spend the night "fixing" Boil's camo because the more I looked at it the more I hated it. Now it's starting to look so much better. Just got the upper body done tonight, still the legs to do but you can see the comparison.

Okay, I like the repaired version better-but I will still adopt him...

Well I finished doing the camo on Waxer and Boil this weekend. I had to redo Boil with the original method I was wanting to use. I took some dense foam and cut it into some different shapes that I could use like stamps to create the camo pattern.

Waxer came out a little better than Boil because I started getting better with my technique. Just a few little details to do now like painting Numa on the back of Waxer's helmet.

Really happy with these two.

Finally decided to show my Snowtroopers some love with some body upgrades. Switched out the pros for DAM toys bodies.

Always thought they would work well for sw customs but no one would verify this... could you if not reply to this at least be willing to pm me what you needed to do to use the dam toys bodies for the switch out? Thanks in advance, love watching your amazing thread only just learned of this line a couple years ago and have beenbeen broke since and still don't have everything I want. Hahaha your dad is super cool for helping BTW! Cheers, Quinn

Thanks Quinn. The DAM toys bodies don't need much in the way of conversion for the Snowtroopers. I like using them because with the removal of the foot joint and a little shaving of the foot pegs from the Sideshow pro bodies, the feet attach snugly. I used the same bodies on two of my Hoth Rebel troopers because they have the same pegs with the Hoth boots. Really that's the only mod I did. With the neck joint, the Snowtrooper helmet pops right on with no mod needed. I tried finding a picture I took while I was modding that first one but it seems I deleted it. However I got the pieces in yesterday to make another Snowtrooper so I'll get a shot for you of what I do to the feet when I start putting that one together, probably tonight.

Nice! I assume Commander Jet is next? :)

Thanks man. I would probably do a Jet if I could figure out how to do the helmet. A friend of mine had pretty good success with doing one so in the future I may ask him for some pointers. I do have quite a few phase 1 buckets that I could experiment on though. I may be starting Commander Trauma very soon.

Back