Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Operation Battlefront

Thanks Quinn. The DAM toys bodies don't need much in the way of conversion for the Snowtroopers. I like using them because with the removal of the foot joint and a little shaving of the foot pegs from the Sideshow pro bodies, the feet attach snugly. I used the same bodies on two of my Hoth Rebel troopers because they have the same pegs with the Hoth boots. Really that's the only mod I did. With the neck joint, the Snowtrooper helmet pops right on with no mod needed. I tried finding a picture I took while I was modding that first one but it seems I deleted it. However I got the pieces in yesterday to make another Snowtrooper so I'll get a shot for you of what I do to the feet when I start putting that one together, probably tonight.

Thanks man. I would probably do a Jet if I could figure out how to do the helmet. A friend of mine had pretty good success with doing one so in the future I may ask him for some pointers. I do have quite a few phase 1 buckets that I could experiment on though. I may be starting Commander Trauma very soon.

I did Jet, and did the helmet by cutting,styrene peices for the side parts. Worked out well, but I still have to do the emblem thingy on his pauldron.

Cheers Ron. :)

Been gettin snowie wit it.
Converted all my Snowtroopers over to new bodies. Three are on DAM toys bodies and the other two are on DiD bodies.

The DiDs are my favorite. They also have removable helmets.

Group shot with the commander in the background.

Right when you think a group shot of stormtroopers is the sweetest thing….:wink1:

That has got to be the most 1/6 snow troopers I have seen in one shot & dammit if it doesn't look awesome!!

Thanks guys. :D

I've always said that the Snowtrooper by Sideshow was one of my all time favorite figures and they definitely still are. Especially with the new bodies. I came into the 1/6 collecting hobby a Clone junkie but as always the OT prevails.

Ive been working on Ponda Baba as of late. I owe Chris credit for the inspiration. Got a Ceremonial Luke from Sideshow and an old beat up Hasbro Ponda Baba from eBay and this is where he's at so far. I'm surprised that out of all the Cantina guys I've done, it's taken me this long to show the walrusman some love.

Thanks dude. I think I got him pretty close to done tonight.

I'll do some weathering on him but all the hard work is done.

Thanks guys. I used the Sideshow Luke ceremonial jacket and removed a few details from it. Still may do something more about making the pocket more accurate.

Great job so far Spudtrooper! I show you my Ponda Baba. I hope my custom can help you. Fantastic job again!
b2d348e86efef6283e399c7ddfdb9dd1.jpg
54ce9b7d5459f448829049d68d93882c.jpg

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

I also used the Sideshow Luke Ceremonial jacket and added the pocket from Hasbro Ponda Baba's jacket

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Nice.
Yeah I'm probably going to add the pocket to the jacket as well. I just have to mix up some paint to get the color match to my dye job. Then I'll paint the trim going down the opening as well.

My projects for the evening.
Finally got around to doing Trinto Duaba after months of him just sitting around unpainted and unfinished. Also got started on the paintwork of what will become my Duros Rebel from Battlefront. I added a little more cranium build to Duane's sculpt to give it some variation and trying to match the player skin a little closer.

Also have Garindan in works.

Back