Splitting the forum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the video game forum be split?

• Yes create a new section for discussion of just video games and leave this for collectibles.

Votes: 77 58.8%
  • No, leave it as it is. Why are you always messin'?

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • Video games suck.

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
And Redford :lol

clintnod.gif

I started a thread about this not too long ago. Im definitely pro split. There seems to be enough activity in both thread types to support two sections. I personally have no interest in gaming collectibles. I assume theres collectors that have no interest in gaming.

that doesnt make sense in a gaming collectible area though. how are you going to collect it if you havent even played the game or never even aspire to?

that doesnt make sense in a gaming collectible area though. how are you going to collect it if you havent even played the game or never even aspire to?

Collectors dont always need a reason to collect. If something looks cool, theyll buy it. Especially if its in a line they already collect, like HotToys.

Good point, not me, I only collect figures of games that I have, thats why I still didn't buy Naked Snake or the Boss, I want to get the HD collection before I do.

More people voted yes than I thought, maybe this should be tested, if it doesn't work it can go back to be just one right? :dunno

i imagine those girls are getting destroyed by someone. lucky bastards. :computer

I wouldn't mind entering their used food evacuation port :devil

hDAF46B4A

Collectors dont always need a reason to collect. If something looks cool, theyll buy it. Especially if its in a line they already collect, like HotToys.

I don't think that necessarily applies to the VG forum. I haven't seen a single collector here who hasn't played any of the games.

Good point, not me, I only collect figures of games that I have, thats why I still didn't buy Naked Snake or the Boss, I want to get the HD collection before I do.

More people voted yes than I thought, maybe this should be tested, if it doesn't work it can go back to be just one right? :dunno

They could just be trolling too. Or, randomly dropping by after seeing the thread bumped on the home page. I remember snappahead created a thread for this a few months ago, and most people who posted there were pretty much against any sort of split.

Edit: Make that the few people who posted there :lol. I don't think the most of the forum even knows about this place, to be honest.

I'd be up for that. Test the waters and see. As someone not interested in half of the threads in the gaming section, it seems like a good idea, but it might not work. Who knows.

They could just be trolling too. Or, randomly dropping by after seeing the thread bumped on the home page. I remember snappahead created a thread for this a few months ago, and most people who posted there were pretty much against any sort of split.

This :lecture I'd expect more trolls in the VG section than anywhere else :lol

considering how many of us actually care to say something here a split isn't really necessary but I dunno :dunno

I'd be up for that. Test the waters and see. As someone not interested in half of the threads in the gaming section, it seems like a good idea, but it might not work. Who knows.

Yup, I voted yes but I'm really not intrested on splitting the forum anymore, but what if it works? it should be tested

Edit: Make that the few people who posted there :lol. I don't think the most of the forum even knows about this place, to be honest.

I didnt make a poll, but yeah I remember it being mostly "nahs". Im not sure why the trollers would all vote "yah", but I guess its possible.

Yup, I voted yes but I'm really not intrested on splitting the forum anymore, but what if it works?

I don't think Dave should waste his time, (or anyone else's) with that. If there are more Hot Toys figures and Sideshow statues (or any other high-end collectibles) to justify a split, then so be it. But, as it is, this place is just too small, and there just aren't many collectibles worth talking about - aside from the PAK figures, a few random statues, and old Hot Toys threads.

Last edited:
I guess my question is why would a vote for two sections be a vote for chaos? I remember when people got upset about the split of figures and statues, but I think thats worked out great.

I guess my question is why would a vote for two sections be a vote for chaos? I remember when people got upset about the split of figures and statues, but I think thats worked out great.

I was addressing your statement about the trollers :lol. You've stated your point, and rightly so. But, I'm guessing that a lot of the votes for "yes" were probably from the same people (or like minded folks) who never visited the Whedon section, but still voted for its closure.

In addition, there isn't really a lot of discussion going on in here. Why are all of these people just voting anonymously and leaving?

I was addressing your statement about the trollers :lol. You've stated your point, and rightly so. But, I'm guessing that a lot of the votes for "yes" were probably from the same people (or like minded folks) who never visited the Whedon section, but still voted for its closure.

In addition, there isn't really a lot of discussion going on in here. Why are all of these people just voting anonymously and leaving?

I understand what you mean, but im just not sure what a troll would get out of the split. If they closed a thread they didnt care about I can understand them voting for that, but this not as much. Like you say, it could be a "why not" kind of thing. Im just not sure the troll theory adds up to me

I think this is normal for poll threads. You'll see polls that have hundreds of votes but the same small group of people posting comments. You are right about my old thread. I was surprised to see allthe "yahs" too.

I understand what you mean, but im just not sure what a troll would get out of the split. If they closed a thread they didnt care about I can understand them voting for that, but this not as much. Like you say, it could be a "why not" kind of thing. Im just not sure the troll theory adds up to me

I think this is normal for poll threads. You'll see polls that have hundreds of votes but the same small group of people posting comments. You are right about my old thread. I was surprised to see allthe "yahs" too.

Yeah, it's just a working theory that I have, and I guess you're right about how polls generally operate. In any case, I think you can get far better insight on matters from discussions instead of just anonymous polling.

Back