Splitting the forum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the video game forum be split?

• Yes create a new section for discussion of just video games and leave this for collectibles.

Votes: 77 58.8%
  • No, leave it as it is. Why are you always messin'?

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • Video games suck.

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
This place is so small, that a lot of us know each other on a first-name basis. No need to create a giant rift where there doesn't need to be one. I'd think some of the votes in favor are troll votes. Especially seeing how there aren't many people replying here.

Yes create a new section for discussion of just video games and leave this for collectibles.

I think theres enough games and gaming merch around to warrant 2 sections. Theres alot of relevant games and gaming merch threads that slip on to page 2 and sometimes page 3 due to new threads appearing on a regular basis.
Looking at the poll numbers, I can already guess (with a large amount of certainty) the people who voted for the split. Kiva, Jason, Jack D, Elvis. And from the people that mentioned their choices in here: Biojex, Mr. EcKo, and Henry Morgan. That's seven out of eleven. That's how small of a community we are here that you can actually make these types of guesses :lol.

No need for a split, Dave!

I didnt vote till 12 hours later but good guess

^Lol. But, I have to disagree, there's not enough merch to warrant a split. Hot Toys VGM is practically dead and video game figures from PAK are few and far between. There's nothing much for statues, either.

^Lol. But, I have to disagree, there's not enough merch to warrant a split.
13 of the 25 threads on page 1 of Video games are gaming merch threads (all be it some are all-inclusive like the MGS collectibles thread)

I think that shows there is a 50/50 ratio in the 1 section alone. I think it would be much easier to click on gaming merch then gaming discussion sub forums as it narrows down the field of what you are actually seeking rather than sifting through an all-inclusive forum where its a free for all.

13 of the 25 threads on page 1 of Video games are gaming merch threads (all be it some are all-inclusive like the MGS collectibles thread)

I think that shows there is a 50/50 ratio in the 1 section alone. I think it would be much easier to click on gaming merch then gaming discussion sub forums as it narrows down the field of what you are actually seeking rather than sifting through an all-inclusive forum where its a free for all.

I'd say that 13 out of 25 isn't that bad, compared to other collectible sections have a few pages of discussion that are bumped on a daily basis. In addition, some of the more popular threads here aren't even for high-end collectibles.

Last edited:
Anyway, my main problem with a split, is having to unnecessarily jump around from one section to another. I don't think that this forum is large enough for that (at least not yet, anyway). I'll definitely be on board if more Hot Toys figures and high-end statues are released. But, it seems a bit premature to split it right now. Give it some more time to grow, and some more time for Hot Toys to leave Iron Man and return to their VGM lines :lol :monkey2

"Leave Iron Man" that's a good one.

original.gif

For the love of god, stop 'fixing' these goddamn forums - convulted mess is what I call the SSC boards these days. I don't go to have the subsections cause its just nonesense, so by all means, separate and cause more rifts in the ssc community

Good plan

Get Tapatalk or Tapatalk Pro if you have a tablet.

The Unread feature makes it easy to see all threads with unread posts that you can scroll through and then just mark as read. Makes it very easy to not have to worry about thread/post structure...

This split is going to happen because the majority of the votes are from people who don't even post in this section.

Says the guys who hardly ever post here :lol.

Exactly, there is only about 20 or a little over, core members in this section.

This split is going to happen because the majority of the votes are from people who don't even post in this section.

That's the problem with anonymous polls :lol. But, I think Dave is going to take these votes with a grain of salt. I remember in a different poll, when people were trolling the Whedon section, and voting for it to close. Most of the votes were in favor of a closure, but the section is still open a year later.

I can certainly understand Biojex, Jason and Kiva being in favor of splitting, because they post here all the time. But, some of the other guys in this thread that are vocal for a split, don't even show up here. And if they do, their posts are so few and far between.

Last edited:
Split the video game section because I like video games but have no interest in every gawddamn Resident Evil and MGS figure that comes out.

I can certainly understand Biojex, Jason and Kiva, because they post here all the time. But, some of the other guys in this thread that are vocal for a split, don't even show up here. And if they do, their posts are so few and far between.

You got me, you, WellCQCabouthat, Kiva, Biojex, Ryan Pliskin, Krec9, Privyet, Project A, Henry Morgan, Matt s, Uncanny Web-Slinger to name ones off the top of my head I see here a lot.

A couple fellas I seen posting in this thread to ask for a split I've almost not seen them here in a long time or it's the first time I've ever seen them post in this section.

Split the video game section because I like video games but have no interest in every gawddamn Resident Evil and MGS figure that comes out.

Case in point, this is the first I've seen you in this section.

Back