Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement today and she is pretty much flawless. Only thing is the oilcolored base people are talking about but i couldnt care about that becuase my old base was damaged and this base has nothing, tbh, it looks kinda nice imo. But the most important thing is that Jessica herself looks amazing and couldnt find any bad stuff.

Got my replacement today and she is pretty much flawless. Only thing is the oilcolored base people are talking about but i couldnt care about that becuase my old base was damaged and this base has nothing, tbh, it looks kinda nice imo. But the most important thing is that Jessica herself looks amazing and couldnt find any bad stuff.

Great! Nice to hear some good news! I will open mine today or tomorrow. At least now there's hope the replacement is not all bad.

Update: crap! :(. It came like it has been fixed. Not perfect but still ok. Small flaws. Base is a big mess with clear coat and the paint on it looks flat and rough on a quarter of her body. It's a big patch around the body. The flat parts looked like it's going to peel in time. I think it was painted without the clear coat or something on those parts. It's rough and not the same red color as the correct paint parts. Some sloppy paint as well. But ss did manage to get her here unbroken. Errrr.... So frustrating, I will email them again. Did anyone else get those rough lighter red paint on the body? It's in big patches all around. I wonder if it will peel in time?

Last edited:
Update: crap! :(. It came like it has been fixed. Not perfect but still ok. Small flaws. Base is a big mess with clear coat and the paint on it looks flat and rough on a quarter of her body. It's a big patch around the body. The flat parts looked like it's going to peel in time. I think it was painted without the clear coat or something on those parts. It's rough and not the same red color as the correct paint parts. Some sloppy paint as well. But ss did manage to get her here unbroken. Errrr.... So frustrating, I will email them again. Did anyone else get those rough lighter red paint on the body? It's in big patches all around. I wonder if it will peel in time?

You should have checked it out sooner

My spider woman fiasco is over finally. Replacement came in pretty good. Only a small mark on the base. A bit of black paint will cover it up. I'm happy now that Jessica is finally complete. Only a 10 month wait for new parts.

My spider woman fiasco is over finally. Replacement came in pretty good. Only a small mark on the base. A bit of black paint will cover it up. I'm happy now that Jessica is finally complete. Only a 10 month wait for new parts.

congrats on it finally being resolved.

I'm glad I passed on this one

I should have passed on it, too, but I liked it and didn't want to miss out on another Avenger. Looks like all this was is a waste of my time.

My main issue with the base is the way it domes on the bottom. It's hard and won't press down. It's taller than the feet on the base so it won't sit flat. I now have "The Unstable Spider-Woman" statue. Waiting on word from SS...

9737384137_ecba6e9ec5.jpg
9739527958_92d56cdec7.jpg

Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Spider-Woman base. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As we do not have an available replacement for you, please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Spider-Woman as is, we can offer you a $25.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. If you would like to place a new order with this credit, contact us with the item number and we will book a new order for you.

Alternatively, we can offer you a $20.00 refund directly back to the credit card used to pay for this item.

Please know, if you accept one of the above options, your case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed by 9/25/13, else the above options will expire. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

I'm incredibly disappointed because I really wanted to keep this. I could seek aftermarket, but paying more for something I should have had come correct? Doesn't sit well with me. I like this EX so I don't want a Regular, but I don't want to have to pay more because SS didn't get it right. The only thing I can take away from this is I'm glad it's Spider-Woman and not Scarlet Witch, a character more central to who the Avengers are. I guess there's a positive in this situation.

I really want it... I like the character, I like the EX head, low ES is a bonus... but I can't see keeping it like this. It feels like a joke is on me to send this back, to have it, then to not.

My mind goes back to the earthquake we had about 2 years ago. It was minor, but I had statues on display. At my PT job we had things falling off the walls, at home my statues were ok. Why? Because they were flat on sturdy, flat surfaces. I can only imagine this one if I had it at the time, rolling around on its rounded base, wobbling into anything near it.

If there was a way to make the bottom flat I might consider keeping it since the top of most people's bases seem to be affected by this oily look. I tried to press it down, it wont budge.

This creates a hole in my Avengers collection which so far includes BP, Hawkeye EX, Scarlet Witch EX, and Classic Iron Man EX, not including a few New Avengers I have. I plan on adding the new Cap, Black Widow Ex, and a Regular Vision so with Spider-Woman going away I'll just focus on classic Avengers. 1st World problems... I'm blessed to have what I already have, right? It still sucks that now I won't have her because SS didn't come through.

Peedi, did they offer you a replacement option? Was it just the base you needed? Where are you in md? I'm in silver spring/ Wheaton/ Rockville. We might be able to trade something in the future :)

My 3rd replacement arrived last night (that's after the original mess, a broken foot, and a broken hand). Needless to say I was a little skeptical when I opened it.

But, Will "the Thrill" Mendoza came through for me. He told me he would personally inspect this replacement and get it packed up. It arrived in perfect condition and looks great! Very happy with his attention, and happy with this statue.

My Avengers are the real team. Not the New Avengers mess

:lecture I hear you Ink!

I'm a fan of the Avengers, point blank period, I like old and new. I believe in classic members, but I mostly enjoyed Bendis' run and now Hickman's, and I have some New Avengers by default of everybody being a member these past few years...Wolverine, Spidey, Storm, Rogue, Thing...I think most of my Marvel PFs can be considered Avengers at this point. Even half of my X-Men.

Once they do DD and Doctor Strange PFs, I might as well make room for a New Avengers display.

Peedi, did they offer you a replacement option? Was it just the base you needed? Where are you in md? I'm in silver spring/ Wheaton/ Rockville. We might be able to trade something in the future :)

They didn't offer me a new base. I'm a little ways from you in Baltimore County... but I wouldn't rule out anything though.

My 3rd replacement arrived last night (that's after the original mess, a broken foot, and a broken hand). Needless to say I was a little skeptical when I opened it.

But, Will "the Thrill" Mendoza came through for me. He told me he would personally inspect this replacement and get it packed up. It arrived in perfect condition and looks great! Very happy with his attention, and happy with this statue.

Nice and Congrats, I know you have gone through a lot to get her.

Now that I know she is in good shape feel free to hit me up if you decide to sell her :wink1:

congrats! she looks great.

Thank you!

Nice and Congrats, I know you have gone through a lot to get her.

Now that I know she is in good shape feel free to hit me up if you decide to sell her :wink1:

Hah, yes this has been the most trying replacement process so far, but the outcome was worth it. This one does have a good paint job, so probably won't be selling her.

Replacement #1 actually had an excellent paint job as well. Replacement #2 looked as rough as the original production run. So far, the three statues that I have successfully replaced through SS have near perfect paint jobs, but I did get shut out on the Vision.

Decided to put her next to Cap for want of a better place to put her.

Her new home
[URL=https://s1060.photobucket.com/user/ichiro51/media/Statues/Mixed%20Statues/IMG_2436_zpsbeae8aaf.jpg.html]
My other Avengers Besta

Crap no replacement base and no discount for the mess up big paint chunk on the body and arm area. I may have to return her. I like this but I dont like the take it the way it is with flaws or return it policy. oh well not worth fighting over this hobby. I might just use the money for something else like transformers toys or towards galactus. Sucks because I liked that statue so much. Must take a day to decide what to do. Errrr

Crap no replacement base and no discount for the mess up big paint chunk on the body and arm area. I may have to return her. I like this but I dont like the take it the way it is with flaws or return it policy. oh well not worth fighting over this hobby. I might just use the money for something else like transformers toys or towards galactus. Sucks because I liked that statue so much. Must take a day to decide what to do. Errrr

What happened to 'grail!' 'statue of the year!' ?

Back