Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

:exactly: I think she is a great piece and as cbg said the most sexy to date :hi5:

Hey bro did you get her yet? Aside from the issues which is very likely. But no worries SS will help you get her right. This statue will blow you away in person! It's stunning with the wow factor in person. Pics do this no justice, even the web and the reg head looks good in person. :clap

Her hair is broken
8408185537_a69199ec91.jpg

Is it unreasonable to expect tighter paint lines? I would be willing to overlook this if not for the other issues.
8408185813_5a382ec8b0.jpg

Edit:
I didn't pull the bag off at this point. These pics were taken with it still in box. As others stated, everything is half bagged. I suppose the wings gave some difficulty, but then they could have used tissue paper.

Last edited:

The base is all kinds of scuffed. The pics make the markings look a little washed out, but they are bolder in hand.

The scuff near the edge of the A is indented/chipped. Not easy to make out, but scratch marks are all over it. In good light it's really obvious. They appear as faint dashes here.
8409280608_d388272bc1.jpg

The dot on the left and streak to the right of it are more noticeable than in this pic. I probably should have focused the shot better.
8408186653_ce458f207d.jpg

Yet again I probably would have overlooked how bad this paint is if not for the overall problems. The dust is just from the box.
8408186991_da535e1bd9.jpg

8408187203_a022ab00b6.jpg

8409281614_a90b3525c9.jpg

With the body, Reg head and base being messed up, I thought the EX head was the saving grace. It looks quite well (but here we go again with the half bagging, looks like she has on a plastic turtleneck).
8409280230_686c21f951.jpg

But then...

I examined the top hair strand, and its chipped. Small chip, but there nonetheless.
8409281812_0869812c3f.jpg

Her hair is broken
8408185537_a69199ec91.jpg

Is it unreasonable to expect tighter paint lines? I would be willing to overlook this if not for the other issues.
8408185813_5a382ec8b0.jpg

Yes the paint lines won't get much better mine had the hair line crack too. SS will take care of you and me. Lmk how you like the statue aside from the issues. The ex head on this is a home run I think so. :clap btw mine never came bag? Hmmm....

Last edited:

with all these issues, dont expect any waitlist conversions,

I find it interesting that a piece like the Joker gets wonderful paint apps with a huge ES and on Spider-woman they can't seem to get a line to look sharp on much fewer pieces.

Let alone the horrendous bagging issues, it's like they came from some ebay seller.

Yes the paint lines won't get much better mine had the hair line crack too. SS will take care of you and me. Lmk how you like the statue aside from the issues. The ex head on this is a home run I think so. :clap btw mine never came bag? Hmmm....

It's not a bad statue. I would like it if it didn't have issues. I contacted SS for an exchange. Every single piece of mine had a problem. If I get replacements, I'll keep it. If not, I'll get refunded. It's a basic voluptuous female statue, so while there's that appeal, even with perfect paint the sculpting as a statue doesn't compare to the detail and intricacies of some of the other older stuff we both have, so if I have to return her for a full refund I won't cry about it. But my first option is I want it.

WOW, this statue is such a sad little mess. I feel really bad for you guys who are having issues, but at the same time, I'm definitely happy I cancelled mine.

Stuff like this bums me the F out. I have one statue, the Skaar EX that I bought 2nd hand. Its perfect and awesome, so I'm spoiled now. I have, I think, about 10 statues preordered. If I get a run of shotty QC issues then I may tap out of the hobby. Way to much money for poor, half assed, final products.

Turned out real nice

further proof you are nothing but a ss lemming, if this has a different brand logo on it you will be all over it like fly on **** such as in the syco and pcs threads.

this paint is a ****ing embarrassment for premium format, even i can do a better job, add insult to injury the dimensionless mono tone solid colors are done so poorly as if a dog chewed on the edges, it just boggles the mind sideshow cannot get a single marvel female pf correctly without some type of mess. So glad i didnt order and have to deal with returning it.

IMG_0479_zps5f3e12ab.jpg

Last edited:

So seems like just about every statue has paint issues. It would be almost impossible to get a replacement if they are all like this. Maybe SS might have to make a new batch like the psylocke cracking body replacement? I just can't see a another one out there to replace almost all the ones out now. What you all think? I don't mind the wait just getting a good one is all I ask. I'm really not picky, but the flaws have to bid a big stand out for me to complain. So yes mine have the same issues. But I'm still very excited at the same time to own this statue. Hopefully SS will find a way to fix it up for us all.

further proof you are nothing but a ss lemming, if this has a different brand logo on it you will be all over it like fly on **** such as in the syco and pcs threads.

this paint is a ****ing embarrassment for premium format, even i can do a better job, add insult to injury the dimensionless mono tone solid colors are done so poorly as if a dog chewed on the edges, it just boggles the mind sideshow cannot get a single marvel female pf correctly without some type of mess. So glad i didnt order and have to deal with returning it.

IMG_0479_zps5f3e12ab.jpg

Calm down. I swear you make the worst and most hostile posts :dunno

So seems like just about every statue has paint issues. It would be almost impossible to get a replacement if they are all like this. Maybe SS might have to make a new batch like the psylocke cracking body replacement? I just can't see a another one out there to replace almost all the ones out now. What you all think? I don't mind the wait just getting a good one is all I ask. I'm really not picky, but the flaws have to bid a big stand out for me to complain. So yes mine have the same issues. But I'm still very excited at the same time to own this statue. Hopefully SS will find a way to fix it up for us all.

Doesn't even the newest batch of Psylocke still crack though? I think part of why there are issues with this statue is just the nature of the statue. The intricate lining of her web areas for example are obviously an easy place to mess up and even if they get it right, having the paint run or something from moisture would completely mess it up. It's not an excuse for this, but there are challenges to overcome. Some things like Psylocke though was just nonsensical. That should have been an easy win for Sideshow.

Well, got mine today and sure enough I heard something rattling before even opening. Out of all the statues I have ever bought from sideshow I would rate this one the worst. I went thru the Rogue with googly eyes, but the rest of her was nice. I went thru the Psylocke with the paint cracking, but once again, the rest of her was very nice.

Spider-woman on the other hand....

Cracked and broken hair on both heads.
Fingerprints in the paint. (EX head)
Found many obvious paint touch ups. (all over) :gah:

And then you have the sculpt itself....the shoulders on the regular head don't look bad...but the EX (skrull) head the shoulders are lower and funny shaped compared to the regular. I really like the EX head but I like the regular shoulders.

I think I'm gonna go for a refund on this one. :monkey2

Broken Hair:
IMG_0094_zps62125aab.jpg

Finger Print:
IMG_0095_zps497aeaa0.jpg

One of many touch ups:
IMG_0098_zps2d3624e0.jpg

Not sure what this is...almost looks like a hair under the paint?
IMG_0099_zpsa8675c67.jpg

Calm down. I swear you make the worst and most hostile posts :dunno

He's a good guy really, just passionate about this hobby. :1-1: as fir the statue I prefer if they make the hair in a hard plastic material so the hair line does not crack during shipping. Didn't ms marvel, psylocke, and rogue had the same hair line cracks? I really hope SS can make us a new batch.

Back