1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - God Loki Figure (Artisan Edition & Regular Sculpted)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t the already released Wonder Woman an Artisan? I missed out on that but from the reviews, it did look great.
I was wondering the same thing...was it technically labeled "artisan?" Everyone who has one seems to be really pleased with how she turned out and the quality of the hair. I am also curious about the actual quality of the wool vs InArt's hair.

Missed out on this due to a work meeting, but hopped on the waitlist.

My greatest worry with the Artisan line is that we're 5 models in right? It's still going to be a while for the first to release and there is no telling the quality we're going to get when it releases.
Yeah, I think that’s the biggest issue with the Artisan line right now - it’s unproven. For all we know HT can’t match InArt and the figures turn out awful. If Joker or Anakin or whichever figure releases first turns out bad, there will be mass cancellations and jumps to the sculpted hair versions (except Anakin, of course). If they turn out as good or better than the prototypes, they’ll become even harder to get if the edition sizes stay the same.

I don’t understand what happened. I got into the page to pre-order the Artisan version but it kept on telling me that someone else had it in their cart. Even though I refreshed multiple times and the pre-order button was still there. I thought I’d get it. Ah well..
Once it went to waitlist that's what happened. When I got in everything was fine until I tried to apply a payment plan, then it said "the allotment for this item has been exceeded" or some such drivel. But then it let me go to the checkout page without a payment plan and apply rewards with no problem. I almost ordered it, then decided the Artisan simply wasn't worth it. If I had more than $22 in rewards I might have thought differently lol...

Wasn’t the already released Wonder Woman an Artisan? I missed out on that but from the reviews, it did look great.
I was wondering the same thing...was it technically labeled "artisan?" Everyone who has one seems to be really pleased with how she turned out and the quality of the hair. I am also curious about the actual quality of the wool vs InArt's hair.

It was wool implantation (HT's first) but it wasn't labeled Artisan. It was released for WB's 100th anniversary.

Last edited:
The WB100 hair is on par with Inart.

The only worry is that for some figures HT has to be better than the prototype.... like Joker.

the what?? Was she Artisan? I missed that too. Never bought a Gadot WW. Probably still won't, but thats cool she got one

the what?? Was she Artisan? I missed that too. Never bought a Gadot WW. Probably still won't, but thats cool she got one
Wonder Woman wasn't an Artisan figure. She has the wool implantation hair, but was just a WB100 release like the Buffinator stated. I think it was possibilly a test for them.

Artisan releases so far: TDK Joker, Anakin, Wonda, Jack Sparrow, Dark Luke, and God Loki

It was wool implantation (Sideshow's first) but it wasn't labeled Artisan. It was released for WB's 100th anniversary.
I think you mean Hot Toys' first? Sideshow's first wool hair figure is currently Beetlejuice, followed by Pennywise
As Buffinator said, WB100 Wonder Woman is not an artisan. She's the first with wool hair but not under the artisan label. Rumor is we'll be getting a true Artisan WW soon with HT making 2.0s of the BvS line up. Next up is apparently BVS Superman followed by artisan Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
The limited WW was technically not artsian but it's the kind of quality we can expect on rooted hair I think, so I got no worries they will not pull it off. So far the line is as said Joker-> Anakin-> Wanda-> Jack-> Luke-> Loki

I gotta say these green strings look pretty silly. In the figure he is only holding segments of time, not the whole string

god-loki-artisan-edition_marvel_silo.png

One thing to point out is that WB100 Wonder Woman did not have the rolling eye function, so it didn't qualify as an Artisan.

I think you mean Hot Toys' first? Sideshow's first woo hair figure is currently Beetlejuice, followed by Pennywise

As Buffinator said, WB100 Wonder Woman not an artisan. She's the first with wool hair but not under the artisan label. Rumor is we'll be getting a true Artisan WW soon with HT making 2.0s of the BvS line up. Next up is apparently BVS Superman followed by artisan Wonder Woman.
I'm curious to see the 2.0 Superman from BvS. I have InArt's on reserve. Also look forward to an Artisan Wonder Woman. I was actually going to to the DC Trinity from InArt. But if Hot Toys matches it, I'm not sure now, especially how well they did Ben Affleck's head sculpt.

Skeptical about HT's supes... their 2.0 Bats body and cowl is very inaccurate.

Another WW was not rumored yet, I believe only Supes, bats and armored bats were the mentioned figures by the rumor source a while back.

Skeptical about HT's supes... their 2.0 Bats body and cowl is very inaccurate.

Another WW was not rumored yet, I believe only Supes, bats and armored bats were the mentioned figures by the rumor source a while back.
Will they make another Cavill Superman now that the new one has been revealed? Might be time to move on(except of course if they want to make a Routh Superman because he'd be the most wanted for everyone)

:dance

Back