Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

for those who likes non-style Todd McFarland Spidey, this is for you. But I grew up adore Todd McFarland artwork, the Amazing Spiderman 2 figure is for me. You can never go wrong with either one of them. Its just what is your preference.

I was thinking about this today, and I don't think it was a bad movie, it just fell in to the trap of trying to do too much, too fast. Say what you will of the first 3 movies, at least Harry as the Goblin was an arc. This one.. hi, we're best friends, oh you can't help me I kill you hahaha I killed your woman, now go mope.

Would have been better done across 2 movies.

Oh, and have Ben Kingsley as the Vulture.

Plus, Gwen dying is sort of depressing. :(
I actually didn't mind The Amazing Spider-Man 2 either. Not the best Marvel film but not the worst either or even the worst Spidey film (Spider-Man 3 is worse in my opinion). It definitely was overcrowded and tried to do too much at once though. Garfield was good as Spider-Man although his Parker could have been better and I really liked Emma Stone as Gwen. Even Foxx as Electro was okay and the guy that played Harry was decent at first but I didn't care for him when he became the Goblin. The film could have easily been divided into two parts to allow the storylines more room to breathe though.

That being said I'm definitely glad that Spidey is getting the MCU treatment and I think the suit looks good. The problem I don't think some people are taking into account when judging the new suit is that while we get a decent glimpse at it we don't get to see the finer details because it's washed out in a bright scene featuring a brightly colored suit. Plus I'm sure there's some touch up work to be done before the film releases. Marvel hasn't messed up much in the MCU thus far and I don't think how one of their most iconic characters looks in the first film they get some control over will be an exception.

The issue with asm2 (for me) was them trying to set up sinister 6. They should have just picked one villian storyline and went with it.
I think Garfield was a great spiderman. Decent Peter Parker. Crappy boyfriend.

I thought the whole angle where the film seemed to be setting up that Oscorp was to have been responsible for the creation of the Sinister Six was stupid. Glad that we didn't see more of that.

I tend to ignore ASM2, same as I did with Spider-Man 3. I liked the first ASM quite a bit.

I tend to ignore ASM2, same as I did with Spider-Man 3. I liked the first ASM quite a bit.
See I actually sort of liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 a bit better. Neither of the films were particularly good but I found the sequel a bit more entertaining for some reason. I didn't like the way Lizard was done in the first film and I didn't care much for the retelling of the origin and particularly thought how Uncle Ben was killed and the way Peter tied into letting it happen was stupid. Also didn't really care for how Peter was portrayed in the first film. Garfield was never great as him but I liked him a bit more in the sequel. The strongest parts of the film to me were Emma Stone as Gwen (I really liked her in both films) and Dennis Leary was okay as Captain Stacy.

I didn't care for either of the ASM movies, especially the second one, I don't like andrew garfield and for such a long movie there were barely any actual scenes with spider-man in them. The whole forced friendship with harry really made movie drag.

for me the first two raimi movies are by far the best, even though the first one is pretty cheesy

I personally like the new spiderman design, it looks like classic ditko crossed with alex ross, with a bit of modernization

I really don't like this design for Spiderman, I liked the Toby McGuire suit but I think the "amazing spiderman 2" suit design was the best we have seen, the suit not the movie. I really hate how the eyes move its like they tried to be like deadpool or something with the mask. I don't care if it's a stark design implament or not it doesn't work for me at all and I never remember spideys eyes moving like that in comics/movies/animated series I grew up with. Just my opinion tho, I have high hopes for spidey in CW aside from his poor suit design.

I recently snagged the ASM 1 version because it's my favorite Spider-Man costume. The CW looks good , but what I have will work for my MCU collection

Liked the narrowed Ditko Romita eyes on Spider-Man. Hot Toys should use that. I wonder if they will offer alternate heads with different eye positions?

I wonder if they will offer alternate heads with different eye positions?
Of course not. Interchangeable eyes, like with Deadpool figure.

1924030_10153245725012344_4667411188328980775_n.jpg

10577191_10153245724997344_5678032775679498147_n.jpg

Nope.

So far, all the HT Spideys have had cloth heads. Deadpool has a sculpted head. It could make the CW Spidey look odd if it has a cloth head with plastic inserts.

The eyes are plastic anyway. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to do it.

I really don't like this design for Spiderman, I liked the Toby McGuire suit but I think the "amazing spiderman 2" suit design was the best we have seen, the suit not the movie. I really hate how the eyes move its like they tried to be like deadpool or something with the mask. I don't care if it's a stark design implament or not it doesn't work for me at all and I never remember spideys eyes moving like that in comics/movies/animated series I grew up with. Just my opinion tho, I have high hopes for spidey in CW aside from his poor suit design.

Spider-Man's eyes have changed shape and size throughout the comics and cartoons since the 60s. I remember the Spider-Man cartoon from the 60s-70s when I was growing up. It looked very much like the new suit. If Spidey squinted or was knocked out, the black around the eyes grew and the whites got smaller. On the current Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man, the whites change shape and sizes all the time but maintain the same amount of black outline.
Ryan

Tony: Webhead, what are you doing?

Peter, zoomed in, under his breath: That sweet Captain America ass

Steve and Tony: What

Peter: What?

Back