Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

ASM2 was a bad movie but a great suit (and figure too).
I prefer it to the CW suit from what I've seen so far.

They're just two different styles of suits. ASM2 suit is closer to McFarlane or Ultimate, with the giant white lenses. MCU Spidey is a homage to the classic Ditko design from the 60's.

I think it looks great, different from all other film versions but still very much Spider-Man. Can't wait to see more of him.

I've been reading comments elsewhere, I can't believe how many people don't realize this. Most of the idiots on Facebook know nothing of Spidey past the Sony films.

TASM2 suit = Raimi suit + shoe soles on boots + bigger eye lenses + stupid looking web shooters

And yet it looked like pajamas on those lean muscle-less boys.

The only reasons I'm hesitant to pick up CW Spidey is because of those black lines and unmasked HS. With the solo film coming in 2017, Marvel/Sony may tweak the suit a little and make it look more classic. It also depends if HT will throw in a Holland HS for the CW release, if they don't this is probably a pass for me.

The only reasons I'm hesitant to pick up CW Spidey is because of those black lines and unmasked HS. With the solo film coming in 2017, Marvel/Sony may tweak the suit a little and make it look more classic. It also depends if HT will throw in a Holland HS for the CW release, if they don't this is probably a pass for me.

Thinking the same thing, I do really like this suit. Great adaptation for the MCU while still having a classic look to it also. Only thing that puts me off is, will the suit get another update for the solo spiderman film? And will it be that little bit more classic spiderman than this?
I suppose we will just have to wait and see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing, but have mulled it over a little more. I doubt that the MCU design team will do a second Ditko Spider-man. Look back on the early designs for Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. All more classic throw backs at first, but showing character progression by modernizing the designs. So, likely a day one for me.

I was thinking the same thing, but have mulled it over a little more. I doubt that the MCU design team will do a second Ditko Spider-man. Look back on the early designs for Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. All more classic throw backs at first, but showing character progression by modernizing the designs. So, likely a day one for me.

That's true. Unless I'm mistaken there isn't a single hero in the MCU that's kept the same uniform over two films. No guarantee at all Ditko Spidey will stick around. I think he looks great so I'm not missing out on him. I love the classic look, and I was a fan of the big eyed ASM2 suit.

The costume looks great. Its like he jumped straight out of a comic book. However, whats with the thick navy blue lines on some parts of his costume? -_-

The figure design is growing on me since its a homage to the old comic look. I still think the last version is a GREAT representation of Spidey. I dont think needed any change but what ever. Also when watched trailer it felt like a lame young youtube voice over had to rewatch a few times lol to believe was part of trailer. The underoo's Tony stark was pretty flippin lame Stark.

Lame? I thought it was a fitting nickname, especially coming from Stark. Why are people surprised he sounds young? Pete is supposed to be 15 or 16 in this I thought.

Lame? I thought it was a fitting nickname, especially coming from Stark. Why are people surprised he sounds young? Pete is supposed to be 15 or 16 in this I thought.

It sounded very uncut lame quick line. I guess im TEAM CAP.:lol And will Enjoy Tony getting hit in the Face. :lol

Its all good 2016 is Kicking a$$ on screen with Great movie's.

in 2 weeks we will be like who the hell is spiderman ??" jk:lol
bring on Bats vs Supes!

It sounded very uncut lame quick line. I guess im TEAM CAP.:lol And will Enjoy Tony getting hit in the Face. :lol

Its all good 2016 is Kicking a$$ on screen with Great movie's.

in 2 weeks we will be like who the hell is spiderman ??" jk:lol
bring on Bats vs Supes!

Have you seen any of the actual movies? That lines is no more or less silly/goofy/campy then dozens in each marvel movie. And given the character and the rumored back ground (spiderman first seen running around in homemade tights, or essentially underoos) making that joke work.

Glad I sold my ASM2 figure.

Wow. You sold the perfect spidey costume in hopes of picking up this... thing.

Brave man.

ASM2 was a bad movie but a great suit (and figure too).

I was thinking about this today, and I don't think it was a bad movie, it just fell in to the trap of trying to do too much, too fast. Say what you will of the first 3 movies, at least Harry as the Goblin was an arc. This one.. hi, we're best friends, oh you can't help me I kill you hahaha I killed your woman, now go mope.

Would have been better done across 2 movies.

Oh, and have Ben Kingsley as the Vulture.

Plus, Gwen dying is sort of depressing. :(

Last edited:

I don't know if I'll ever be truly happy with a solo Spidey film. All I want are the symbiotes and a threatening Norman Osborn that doesn't get killed off.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

I thought everyone already knew about the moving camera lense eyes that the Russos teased all the way from last August.

Least it was all over CBM and SHH when it was first leaked.

de0a4f1fb09aafc99dab0f01312ddc18.jpg

I'm pretty sure the "Hey everyone" line isn't what he says in that scene. The volume doesn't match.

Back