1/6 Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio's Iron Man Illusion Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will do me and you do you, bud! Be well! :1-1:

giphy.gif

Yeah, and this will be available to order for about 2 years (unless they fast track it), but there are always those "collectors" that "missed it" conveniently right after they sell out and the aftermarket price goes up. :lol

So rerelease petitions starting in 2023 lol

I think the price is OK for the detail involved. I don't equate diecast=money at all, the only thing that bugs me is the limited articulation. I know it's a crazy design, but without even details on that, I'm not preordering.

The price is obnoxious but the real deal breaker might be that the holographic crap does not appear to be removable.

I'll take my time ordering this one. I might buy eventually but I'll wait 18 months to decide if I still want it badly enough to pay over upwards of $500 for an Iron Man figure that isn't diecast.

I swore that the BD Mk85 would be my last 1/6 IM armour and I'm going to stick to it.

I swore that the BD Mk85 would be my last 1/6 IM armour and I'm going to stick to it.

I'm curious, would you stick to your guns if the cost of this was $285? That would be a more realistic asking price for something like this.

I'm curious, would you stick to your guns if the cost of this was $285? That would be a more realistic asking price for something like this.
Would have ordered already! I'll wait ill i get more points or closer maybe.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Probably. It's a 'nice to have' and it's very unique but I've gotta draw the line somewhere. I guess the only suit I'd break down for would be a Mk5 re-issue so I could finally have a 1-7 set.

Probably. It's a 'nice to have' and it's very unique but I've gotta draw the line somewhere. I guess the only suit I'd break down for would be a Mk5 re-issue so I could finally have a 1-7 set.

I assume you have the Mark 1 2.0 then? I do as well, and I feel it more than adequately fills out the diecast 1-7 collection. Still if and when the diecast mark 1 is made i feel obligated to buy it considering that i own the rest.

I doubt this would've ever been that cheap. The holographic plastic Mark IV is over $300 right? And that's an all re-used mold and everything about this is brand new.

Whenever a piece like this comes out, I am always completely perplexed at those that hardcore defend Hot Toys and actually attack others who comment that the price is outrageous. I would think everyone who collects would want the price to be as low as possible and at the very least not get personally offended at others who comment that the price is absurd. And in before you get the business scholars who will inevitably copy paste the obvious and think they know Hot Toys' business on the inside. Sometimes I think I am in a Apple fan subreddit here.

I doubt this would've ever been that cheap. The holographic plastic Mark IV is over $300 right? And that's an all re-used mold and everything about this is brand new.

I'm not foolish enough to think HT ever was going to price a Tony Stark Iron Man zombie at $285 but I do think that is about fair. The best comparison is the Ultron Mark 1 and that was $250. Even if you go crazy and stretch the price $320 would seem to be about the limit before you just have to admit you are bending your customers over just because you can.

It's a cool looking figure and interesting variant but it's not a diecast figure and there is no alternate human sculpt so why is it priced like a diecast release(the ferrari of HT toy line)?

Whenever a piece like this comes out, I am always completely perplexed at those that hardcore defend Hot Toys and actually attack others who comment that the price is outrageous. I would think everyone who collects would want the price to be as low as possible and at the very least not get personally offended at others who comment that the price is absurd. And in before you get the business scholars who will inevitably copy paste the obvious and think they know Hot Toys' business on the inside. Sometimes I think I am in a Apple fan subreddit here.

Lmaoooo, seriously...and God forbid you complain about HT being cheap and cutting corners or putting out lousy headsculpt likeness...oh lawd... :cuckoo:

If HT deserves the praise, they will get it. But it cuts both ways.

I'm not foolish enough to think HT ever was going to price a Tony Stark Iron Man zombie at $285 but I do think that is about fair. The best comparison is the Ultron Mark 1 and that was $250. Even if you go crazy and stretch the price $320 would seem to be about the limit before you just have to admit you are bending your customers over just because you can.

It's a cool looking figure and interesting variant but it's not a diecast figure and there is no alternate human sculpt so why is it priced like a diecast release(the ferrari of HT toy line)?

Cause they've got the blind, undying support of those fans who will always try to justify HT's absurd pricing...and then there are always those folks who are fine dropping mad reward points just to get it down to a "normal" price.

If there's one thing a lot of collectors seem to lack, it's principle...you'll always read how people are bending over backwards or concocting some loophole to justify a purchase here or there even though they said they were out of the game or have a one-character-figure rule.

Me? My one rule I stick by: If it sucks or isn't blowing me away I pass, despite how badly I wanted the character...and I make it my duty for the rest of my days to continuously complain about that figure! :lol

Back