Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the Spiderverse cartoon with freaking clones of Spiderman is ok but Spiderman interacting with other unique characters is bad for the character?

WTF

Boy I can?t wait for Sony to do the death of Gwen Stacey again.

Maybe we can see Uncle Ben get killed again that will be soooooo amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9091D7CF-0584-4B55-AE67-90D66780C5D0.jpeg

So the Spiderverse cartoon with freaking clones of Spiderman is ok but Spiderman interacting with other unique characters is bad for the character?

WTF

Boy I can?t wait for Sony to do the death of Gwen Stacey again.

Maybe we can see Uncle Ben get killed again that will be soooooo amazing!

It?s baffles me that Spider-Man interacting with his fellow marvel heroes is a no no but a cartoon piggy and anime girl is a ok. It was just as bizarre as any other mcu movie

PlayStation? Blu Ray? Might be worth it to take over a large portion of the game and movie markets.
I just meant film properties.

Does Disney have that kind of capital to just buy Sony in its entirety? I could imagine them buying Sony Pictures, but Sony is a behemoth.

At some point, gobbling up studios would get blocked because it starts looking like a monopoly.

Before this debacle, had I to imagine Disney buying another studio, I would have said Universal. Doing so would alleviate the no Marvel east of the Mississippi rule at the theme parks, given them another park, and the Harry Potter rights, among many other films.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just meant film properties.

Does Disney have that kind of capital to just buy Sony in its entirety? I could imagine them buying Sony Pictures, but Sony is a behemoth.

At some point, gobbling up studios would get blocked because it starts looking like a monopoly.

Before this debacle, had I to imagine Disney buying another studio, I would have said Universal. Doing so would alleviate the no Marvel east of the Mississippi rule at the theme parks, given them another park, and the Harry Potter rights, among many other films.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Harry Potter belongs to WB.

People are acting paranoid as those there will never be another spiderman movie again they own all the primary characters thr story will go on, just with out reference to any MCU , thank God, no more obsessing with the suit with Tony glass and A.I.

The mcu spiderman shares very little with the previous versions of the character due to him having to interact with all thr mcu characters instead of his own supporting characters.

Spiderman was outed and that's were the story picks up I am sure they mapped this out before making this decision. I am just really curious were the story goes from here.

I cant believe people actually think Sony would be stupid enough to hand over the
Ir cash cow to Disney.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, at least Spider-Man won’t be fighting Tony Stark’s employees anymore. :lol

Apparently the director of Homecoming and Far From Home as well as Tom Holland are still attached to the next solo Spider-Man movie. I think this could end up being a better scenario than we were going to get before, because now they can continue with MCU Spider-Man’s story (FFH cliffhanger), while being able to introduce more characters like Venom, while “possibly” being canon to the MCU. That’s just wishful thinking though.

Oh boy, introduce Spidey at the end of Venom 2.

Let him fight Venom in Spidey's 3rd movie, and end that one with sinister 6 and the 3 movie Spider-men.

Let spidey pop up now and then in a Avengers movie. Spidey is interesting enough without MCU. We have seen him interact with the Avengers, we've seen him taking on Thanos. We've seen it all. It's time for a PROPER Spidey movie again.

giphy.gif

I do now! Sony learned from Kevin on how to handle Spiderman, damn lolol it?s going to be amazing

Can't say I'm that bothered to be honest, wasn't that impressed with how they've been handling Spiderman, the films have been ok but way to much Tony Stark/Iron man involvement and changing almost every aspect of the comic book version so much so that he looks like a different character in a lot of ways all detracts from what makes Spiderman such a great character.

He can survive quite easily outside of the MCU and might be better for it.

Lord help us if we get a 4th live-action reboot. Spider-Verse felt refreshing because it was animated and that really only works as an outlier - like Fury Road.

Man I can?t wait for Spiderman to finally meet DD and Punisher!

Ohhhh wait.

Oh well at least Sony has a huge list of characters we?ve never seen before to make plenty of engaging movies...

Uncle Ben
Aunt May
Venom
Carnage
Sinister Six

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Lol well a movie with that cast of characters does sound amazing. Way better than iron man popping up

I don't think this is over.

Usually on negotiations like these, parties come into the table with an offer, then they make counter-offers. From my understanding, Marvel/Disney offered to share production costs and a 50/50 split. Right now it's Sony shouldering production, with Disney taking a 5% share from revenue.

I don't have faith that Sony can do a good live action Spider-Man movie on its own too. WB has had great animated Batman films and they can't do a proper live action Batman past Nolan. Sony getting 1 good animated film doesn't mean they can do a good live action one. They've only had 1 good and 1 great one out of 5 on their own right now. That's not exactly a passing mark.

I posted this in another thread, but it's a pretty good read. I didn't realize, that should someone buy Sony Pictures, which this guy thinks is in the near future, the rights to Spider-Man and all related characters go back to Marvel anyway. They are non-transferable. That makes things a bit more interesting.
Anyway .....

How The Marvel-Sony 'Spider-Man' Dispute Will Be Solved One Way Or Another

Back