Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this is over.

Usually on negotiations like these, parties come into the table with an offer, then they make counter-offers. From my understanding, Marvel/Disney offered to share production costs and a 50/50 split. Right now it's Sony shouldering production, with Disney taking a 5% share from revenue.

I don't have faith that Sony can do a good live action Spider-Man movie on its own too. WB has had great animated Batman films and they can't do a proper live action Batman past Nolan. Sony getting 1 good animated film doesn't mean they can do a good live action one. They've only had 1 good and 1 great one out of 5 on their own right now. That's not exactly a passing mark.

Yup Sony?s track record is not good.

Hell I don?t even think the Sony animated movie was good I mean the movie is literally physically difficult to watch because of those skipping frames and blurry backgrounds and the movie bombed no less.

But see that?s not my problem I don?t care if Sony can make a great Spiderman movie or not that?s really irrelevant to me it?s about evolving beyond character isolation and opening up their world.

Ask yourself this would?ve we ever had the greatness that is Avengers 1, TWS, CW, IW and EG had we followed the character isolation method of story telling?

Of course not we wouldn?t!

I really don?t understand the mindset of the fans who are actually celebrating going backwards with how these superheros are handled!

Hey look these characters are not allowed to ever meet each other lets celebrate that!

:slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't think this is over.

Usually on negotiations like these, parties come into the table with an offer, then they make counter-offers. From my understanding, Marvel/Disney offered to share production costs and a 50/50 split. Right now it's Sony shouldering production, with Disney taking a 5% share from revenue.

I don't have faith that Sony can do a good live action Spider-Man movie on its own too. WB has had great animated Batman films and they can't do a proper live action Batman past Nolan. Sony getting 1 good animated film doesn't mean they can do a good live action one. They've only had 1 good and 1 great one out of 5 on their own right now. That's not exactly a passing mark.

I thought the original 2 Raimi Films were awesome. I still enjoy them both. 3rd movie was a letdown with the studio pushing Venom. The other 2 movies with Garfield had potential and it was nice to see a different set of villains but neither movie was all that great. I like Holland as Spider-Man and want some good movies for the character but I would overall be happy if he stay in the MCU. After far from home he no longer has Tony to lean on so I think they could have pushed him into adulthood and moved past everything. Those that say Spider-Man didn't interact with other heroes in the comics are forgetting Marvel Team up. Spider-man was always the everyman and seeing his interaction with others was always enjoyable. Some heroes he worshipped and others he was intimated by. I like that dynamic.

I really don't understand the mindset of the fans who are actually celebrating going backwards with how these superheros are handled!

Well considering that pretty much everyone celebrating Sony's decision has an avatar of a DC character I think that really says it all with regard to what *actual* fans of Spider-Man want. Others just want to see the MCU burn, lol.

So will Sony be able to use all the same supporting characters? Like Ned, MJ, Marisa Tomei and so on or are those considered MCU characters? Tomei at least was introduced in CW so I wonder if she's off limits to Sony. If they can keep the same cast and Watts returns as director then I do think that SMFFH did set them up nicely for Peter to depart from the other heroes considering that now he'll have his hands full with JJJ and SMFFH showed how "busy" the other MCU heroes are, including the real Nick Fury so him not interacting with them in another film might not feel that disjointed.

Good lord get rid of them all. Mj is probably the most OK out of all of them . But best to have them all die. Some sort of blip, or have them turn to dust for whatever convenient reasoning. [emoji1787]

Well considering that pretty much everyone celebrating Sony's decision has an avatar of a DC character I think that really says it all with regard to what *actual* fans of Spider-Man want. Others just want to see the MCU burn, lol.

So will Sony be able to use all the same supporting characters? Like Ned, MJ, Marisa Tomei and so on or are those considered MCU characters? Tomei at least was introduced in CW so I wonder if she's off limits to Sony. If they can keep the same cast and Watts returns as director then I do think that SMFFH did set them up nicely for Peter to depart from the other heroes considering that now he'll have his hands full with JJJ and SMFFH showed how "busy" the other MCU heroes are, including the real Nick Fury so him not interacting with them in another film might not feel that disjointed.

Sony just revealed the location where their new Spiderman movie will take place.

076f7068b1b0c1549b48cdad57f0a226.jpg

:lol :lol

Hopefully isolated Spider-Man is just the beginning.

I can't wait for the stand-alone Mantis movie where she doesn't interact with a single other Marvel character. :rock

Maybe a stand-alone Martin Riggs movie too with no Murtaugh, police department, or bad guys. :rock :rock

:lol :lol :lol

Mantis :rotfl

If Sony made these it would be:

Aliens vs..................

When Harry Met................

The Good, The......................

Last edited:
Page after page of whining about an imaginary person. You people really need to get out more if it's truly affected your lives like this lol

Why do people say this stupid bs on a nerd forum made for talking about superhero toys and ****.

It?s like the equivalent of going into a football game and saying ? dur why you guys crying about football. There is other stuff to do?

So weird

:lol :lol :lol

Mantis :rotfl

If Sony made these it would be:

Aliens vs..................

When Harry Met................

The Good, The......................

I do agree with those folks who think that Sony *can* make a decent stand-alone flick. The question is will they and their track record has been pretty bad since 2004.

I wonder if they'd consider letting Raimi come back to do a proper SM4 with Maguire and Dunst. Maybe by starting with him waking up from that nasty dream that was SM3, lol.

Why do people say this stupid bs on a nerd forum made for talking about superhero toys and ****.

It?s like the equivalent of going into a football game and saying ? dur why you guys crying about football. There is other stuff to do?

So weird

Yup makes no sense lol

Man I can?t wait for Spiderman to finally meet DD and Punisher!

Ohhhh wait.

Oh well at least Sony has a huge list of characters we?ve never seen before to make plenty of engaging movies...

Uncle Ben
Aunt May
Venom
Carnage
Sinister Six

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Like when Netflix Daredevil and Punisher interacted with Captain America and Black Widow already? :rotfl
Disney would never allow the Netflix versions of those characters interact with any MCU character.
So that leads to, you don't want to see Spider-Man rebooted for a fourth time, but are willing to see a third reboot of Daredevil and fourth one for the Punisher as well? greeeaaat.
Btw, now that Disney has the rights to the X-Men, I'm looking forward to seeing Wolvie team up with Capt. America and Black Widow in Madripoor....... oh wait.

So weird

That poster likes to revel in sh t, don't let them drag you in, ignore them.

Like when Netflix Daredevil and Punisher interacted with Captain America and Black Widow already? :rotfl
Disney would never allow the Netflix versions of those characters interact with any MCU character.

Not true actually. EG writers Markus and McFeely said that Disney *did* give them the go ahead on including Netflix heroes in EG's final battle but they determined that the culmination of the entire MCU was not a good time to confuse everyone who doesn't have a Netflix subscription when they should be cheering instead:

McFEELY: We would have to introduce these five characters — or whatever many. We already are assuming people have seen a lot of the movies. Are we really going to assume they have bought a subscription to Netflix and watched those shows enough so that when they see them, they’re going to go “yay?”

https://collider.com/why-the-netflix-marvel-heroes-arent-in-endgame/

"yay," lol

Also Markus said that in order for the Netflix heroes to come out of the portals then that would mean that they'd all gotten dusted which would have eliminated them from their own shows' continuity for the entire five year gap and back when they were writing EG they had no indication that those shows wouldn't be continuing.

Btw, now that Disney has the rights to the X-Men, I'm looking forward to seeing Wolvie team up with Capt. America and Black Widow in Madripoor....... oh wait.

Yeah that would have been so awesome. Oh well it's hard to complain about whatever lost opportunities when he have the entire Infinity Saga to enjoy forevermore.

Last edited:
Who said anything about Netflix I certainly never mentioned Netflix lol

It?s common knowledge now that Marvel was rebooting those Netflix characters with new actors for the MCU.

So weird

It's fine to be upset, but these people act like their child just died.

Oooffff Jeremy at Marvel Comics will melt down even further!!!

https://movieweb.com/spider-man-jc-lee-defends-sony-disney-marvel/

I don't blame her for that stance. Really all Disney cares about is money and their own radical political/social agendas which is why I have very little faith in any of their franchises going forward.

I'm just glad that we got Endgame before the whole thing went off the rails which honestly looks exactly like what we're getting for Phase Four and beyond.

I'll be more than content if we never see Spidey in the MCU again or hell if we never even see the MCU itself again.

Back