Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sony?s Into the Spiderverse nailed the meaning of Spider-Man and the heart of the character more than any mcu attempt. And that?s WITHOUT peter Parker even in a leading role. So yes absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a cartoon movie with no interference from Sony like the live action movies. You people give that movie to much damn credit. It wasn?t a perfect movie by any means

Well let?s face it something is going to happen soon Regarding this whole deal so no need to cry just yet. But really Sony has shown more of an understanding of what Spider-Man means to me than Disney has. So nahh I?ll pass on the 200 characters [emoji42][emoji42] and yeah I know amazing Spider-Man 2 was so bad blah blah blah

Really? Lol no they haven?t. You know why iron man is prominent in peters life in the mcu? That?s Sony?s doing. Sony wanted that. Sony wanted the changes. Sony has no direction and understand **** about the character. They still let that hack idiot arad work with the character after he almost killed the franchise. So **** them and I hope they get bought out soon by either Disney or apple

I didn't think into the spider-verse was all that great. It had many problems to me. The soundtrack was too loud and obnoxious for my taste. Prowler is a pretty sub par character and they made him out to be such a big threat and part of Spidey's history. Pinheaded Kingpin looked out loud laughable, and his strength level and physical threat was a joke. Female Octopus sucked.

Peter was ok, but too whiney. But since it was an alternate universe version he could get a pass. Miles was good and very well done and most likely appealed to all his fans. For me though, the best character in the movie was Spider-Gwen. To me she stole the show.

Maybe to you. The mcu reminds me more of that animated ultimate Spider-Man tv show, yuck. Spider verse reminds me of being a kid and falling in love with Spider-Man.

Spiderverse won an Oscar because the field of animated movies is significantly narrower than live action and they wouldn't be competing with Schindler's List type movies in the animation category.

It's a fine achievement, but it's not exactly the ''HA HA'' @ the MCU that you're using it as.
Never the less Sony has prove they can make good movies with out being in the MCU.

I frankly am not a fan of spiderman being in the MCU the movies are loaded with too many MCU references that are taking the place of spiderman canon. Iron man is basicly uncle Ben it's like spiderman is completley helpless with out something from Tony stark the suit is playing a bigger role then it should.

How does spiderman even fit in the next upcoming mcu movies he does not.

It's time for him to get out from Iron Man shadow. Bring on the sinister six.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe to you. The mcu reminds me more of that animated ultimate Spider-Man tv show, yuck. Spider verse reminds me of being a kid and falling in love with Spider-Man.

That's exactly why I dont like spiderman movies it's like a live action ultimate spiderman movie complete with shield and Nick fury . Spider-Verse was such a fresh take on the character no wonder it won an oscar.

Just hire some talent and it will be all fine.

Never the less Sony has prove they can make good movies with out being in the MCU.

I frankly am not a fan of spiderman being in the MCU the movies are loaded with too many MCU references that are taking the place of spiderman canon. Iron man is basicly uncle Ben it's like spiderman is completley helpless with out something from Tony stark the suit is playing a bigger role then it should.

I don't disagree with you, the Tony Stark-dependency was not ideal but, with Stark now dead, I firmly believe they would have taken Spiderman away from that anyway. Leaving the MCU is not a requirement for getting Peter Parker/Spiderman back to his own origins and stories. I think it was coming regardless.

I the comics, Spider-Man usually doesn't interact with the other superheroes, it's a rare occasion.
Spidey in the MCU has not had a single movie where another MCU character didn't make an appearance or had a presence. I think removing Spidey from the MCU was the only way to get the character to be on his own, as he should've always been.

I don't disagree with you, the Tony Stark-dependency was not ideal but, with Stark now dead, I firmly believe they would have taken Spiderman away from that anyway. Leaving the MCU is not a requirement for getting Peter Parker/Spiderman back to his own origins and stories. I think it was coming regardless.

Yep. The notion that Spidey must leave the MCU to distance himself from IM's shadow is a false dilemma.

Was Captain America in IM's shadow? Or Thor? Or Ant-Man or Doctor Strange or Black Panther or the GotG? No, no, no, and no.

Any number of characters can exist within the MCU and still have their own specific stories and like you said they could have easily done that with Peter Parker going forward. Nobody needs to leave the entire universe for that.

With regard to CW through SMFFH of course they were going to have Spidey interact with major players of the MCU, it was the first time in history he had the ability to do so! It would have been idiotic if they squandered that opportunity on just a couple more solo outings after we've already had no less than five disconnected Spidey flicks under Sony.

Yeah, I totally want more ASM calibre movies. Good work Sony!

They should totally remove Batman and Superman from the DCEU too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
F Disney they really expected Sony surrender 50% of their profits and creative control of All the characters so stuff like venom and morebius even if they share the costs.

Please what crack were they smoking. Disney is the loser and time will prove it. Disney is not untouchable look at solo. And I doubt the new star wars movie wi be any good so much bias already.

Last edited:

Lol spider verse is a cartoon of course it?ll remind you the tv shows growing up. It?s not the definitive version of Spider-Man

Yeah, I totally want more ASM calibre movies. Good work Sony!

They should totally remove Batman and Superman from the DCEU too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What people don?t understand is that these are marvel characters and they interact with each other. Yes iron boy was to much but it was better than the crap amazing movies.

Spiderverse was a cartoon movie and Sony didn?t meddle with it. They meddle with the live action movies. People need to remember the Spider-Man 3 - asm days and be reminded what a **** show that was.

You got three of the biggest idiots running Sony Spider-Man.

Tom rothman who didn?t want Deadpool

Avi arad who almost killed the franchise

Amy pascal who is just as greedy as Disney.

So yea Disney is greedy but Sony sucks ass

How, Sony dared venture into super heroes when it was unheard of, they paid 7 million for their movie rights and look how far they have gone with him!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How, Sony dared venture into super heroes when it was unheard of, they paid 7 million for their movie rights and look how far they have gone with him!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They suck ass now. They made the brand so bad that gotg and captain America began to outgross Spider-Man

How dare Sony indeed

Also I love how people bring up how Sony started the whole thing. How is that relevant now when they made two good movies and the rest bad?

Last edited:
So the next Spider-Man movie won't have any MCU characters or references? How does that work? The mcu Spidey is tied to the MCU. Who he is and what he's become is all conected to Tony and being part of a larger universe of heroes and mcu characters. It's going to be weird for Tony, Happy, Fury, and any references to his Avenger experiences to disappear without any explanation.

Back