Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if that?s the case it bought Disney plenty more time to screw over Sony with some dirty secret deal with Amazon and or Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it doesn't have to be a dirty secret deal. It's like Buttmunch theorized a few days ago, this likely bridges the gap until someone (likely Amazon or Apple) buys up Sony Films, at which point the rights to Spidey (and all related characters) revert to Marvel/Disney. If anyone's going to try to do something underhanded, it's probably one of those prospective buyers. I could see them purposely dragging out the purchase in the hopes of getting Disney to cut them in on the profits.

How come the Far From Home DVD doesn’t include the extended cut? Is that going to be a separate release?

I think it just adds the deleted scenes that made up Peter's "to-do" list before the trip, including taking out that crime family in the restaurant, picking up his passport, buying the dual headphone adapter and selling some action figures so he can afford to get MJ the Black Dahlia necklace.

I heard a rumor that the extended cut also fleshed out Beck's plan a little bit more, in which case I would definitely be disappointed that they haven't announced a home media release for it yet.

I heard a rumor that the extended cut also fleshed out Beck's plan a little bit more, in which case I would definitely be disappointed that they haven't announced a home media release for it yet.

Really? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else. I think they did a pretty thorough job explaining the plan as well as his (& his minions') bitterness toward Tony (and by extension Peter). More of a backstory on Beck which shed light on his becoming unstable would have been interesting (Tony renaming his tech "BARF" may have been the tipping point, but there were probably other instances leading to his being fired), but I can't think of a good place to do that within the film.

Regarding the scene where he fights the crime family, I can see why that was cut. During that scene he's a wise guy doling out quips left and right without a care in the world, then the next scene is the Aunt May fundraiser where he has an anxiety attack over the idea of replacing Iron Man. It simply doesn't fit thematically.

Really? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else. I think they did a pretty thorough job explaining the plan as well as his (& his minions') bitterness toward Tony (and by extension Peter). More of a backstory on Beck which shed light on his becoming unstable would have been interesting (Tony renaming his tech "BARF" may have been the tipping point, but there were probably other instances leading to his being fired), but I can't think of a good place to do that within the film.

Regarding the scene where he fights the crime family, I can see why that was cut. During that scene he's a wise guy doling out quips left and right without a care in the world, then the next scene is the Aunt May fundraiser where he has an anxiety attack over the idea of replacing Iron Man. It simply doesn't fit thematically.

Great point about the quips leading to the scene with Aunt May I didn?t think about it that way.

But I also heard of an extra Beck scene involving him dealing with his own psychosis and motivations.

Great point about the quips leading to the scene with Aunt May I didn?t think about it that way.

But I also heard of an extra Beck scene involving him dealing with his own psychosis and motivations.

Well if there is they didn't bother to include it in the Blu-ray's deleted scenes. There is a brief one with Beck and his crew causing the energy surge in London that makes Fury/Talos believe the Elemental attack is imminent, but that's it.

BTW, was Quentin Beck an alias? I'm assuming that's not the name he was going by when he was fired from Stark Industries, right? Otherwise even Talos in a post-blip world should have been able to make that connection. lol

I must say I was geeking out when Mysterio mentioned Earth-616 and Earth-283, for a quick minute I thought, is that really Mysterio from that reality? But man, I nearly lost it when J. Jonah Jameson appeared in The Daily Bugle. I also liked how Gyllenhaal went ham on the reveal scene.

I did find this film enjoyable and entertaining, however, these video essays summarize a few points I agree on:

I do hope that's clearer in the next movie. I've been fine with it up to now, it's how they introduced Spiderman into the MCU and naturally there had to be a mourning movie for Tony Stark from Peter Parker specifically given what they've done so far. However, that's done. Time to get back to Spiderman just being Spiderman, get away from this Ironboy thing, and *gulp* maybe mention Uncle Ben again.

I do hope that's clearer in the next movie. I've been fine with it up to now, it's how they introduced Spiderman into the MCU and naturally there had to be a mourning movie for Tony Stark from Peter Parker specifically given what they've done so far. However, that's done. Time to get back to Spiderman just being Spiderman, get away from this Ironboy thing, and *gulp* maybe mention Uncle Ben again.

I’m not sure Uncle Ben will even get a mention at this point beyond suitcase initials. And at this point, Tony has earned the right to deliver the “with great power comes great responsibility” line. I’m a little surprised they didn’t use it in FFH. They easily could have included it in one more recorded message from Tony. Morgan got one. Surely Peter still has one coming too in addition to Edith. If anyone could beg RDJr to make one more Tony Stark cameo, it would be Tom Holland. I don’t see how a previously unmentioned relationship with Uncle Ben could compare to the relationships they built with Uncle Tony. Heck, even Uncle Happy would feel more natural at this point. And that makes me a bit sad. Uncle Ben has always been such an important part of Spider-Man’s origin. Heck, MCU Spider-Man really never got an origin story. They just expected everyone to know it by now from the previous series :lol Even Hulk has more of an origin set up in the opening credits of the Norton film than MCU Spider-Man’s YouTube video on a phone.

Don?t forget that they botched up the Uncle Ben character story line in ASM1-2 with all that shield operative stuff.

So yeah Uncle Ben got benched.

Sony did that crap to Uncle Ben not MCU.

Last edited:
Yea nobody gives a **** about peters parents being agents or whatever. That was so stupid

Back