Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wUaLsTr.jpg

Talk about a trailer that gives away too much... Man, they are really trying hard to continue to ride the wave from the hype from End Game with this. Maybe they are hoping more people will see it for a boost at the BO like tying Captain Mavel to IW to boost viewers. Let's be honest, if we didn't have the teaser at the end of IW making people believe the movie was tied directly to EG, I don't think Captain Mavel would have done so well. Girl power aside.

I'm still not sold on this though. First movie had Iron Man, this movie saddled with Fury & Shield. Poor Peter can't get a chance to prove himself on his own. I love this version of Spidey (Holland's Parker), but man I can't stand his fellow students. MJ, Ned, Flash.. All bad and so disappointing.

And apparently this Peter has a serious problem with keeping a secret identity. Not the brightest Peter Parker. Just like Holland who can't keep secrets and leaks stuff!! [emoji38]
This is deal we got when they inserted Spiderman in to the MCU it's basicly the ultimates cartoon which I can't stand.

I miss the old spiderman when he was alone no nick fury side kicks none of that just classic spiderman. He has the best rouges gallery in marvel. And they are messing it up they should be moving towards the sinister 6 movies not these stupid team ups.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What if Beck was from earth 616? Unbeknownst to most of us, it has been brought up as easter eggs before, Thor the Dark World, when erik selvig is in the hospital being mental, he literally writes down universe 616; second time is recently on Endgame: When Scott lang gets brought back from the quantum realm his storage locker is 616, small coincidences that may help on Phase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was also the Bus from Agents of SHIELD which had the callsign SHIELD 616.

The thing about team-ups and support in the MCU is that they make sense.

Spidey was discovered and mentored by Tony Stark. It's not like the Avengers are just going to forget about him after that.

I also love the days of a solo Spidey, taking care of his own business in a huge city, and I think there's plenty of time to see that, but in a cinematic world as connected and social as our own is, there aren't going to be a lot of lone heroes.

At least Captain Marvel was unavailable. :chase

(But seriously -- that's a good way to keep that wildly overpowered character in check -- she's away on interplanetary business)

Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil made sense up to a point, but by the time their conflicts were getting big the total lack of crossover was maybe a little weird?

This just confirma that we might see Kang the Conquerer in the future as he likes to conquer multiverses, who knows haha im curious to see who would play out ravonna,

I was confused by the release dates because they hadn’t updated it on the movie tickets websites lolol

This is deal we got when they inserted Spiderman in to the MCU it's basicly the ultimates cartoon which I can't stand.

I miss the old spiderman when he was alone no nick fury side kicks none of that just classic spiderman. He has the best rouges gallery in marvel. And they are messing it up they should be moving towards the sinister 6 movies not these stupid team ups.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Peter in high school also creates a host of time line confusion. Since the MCU liked to coincide with the actual year the movie was released (other than Cap Mavel being set in the 90's). I'm curious to see how that is handled now since EG jumped 5 years into the future (2018 in IW), so it is now 2023 in the MCU. 4 years ahead of our actual time.

Homecoming was released in July 2017. Peter was 15, and I believe that would make him a Freshmen in High School. Not sure if they actually ever said what grade he was in. Civil War was a year earlier in May 2016 when he was introduced, so Peter possibly could've still been the same age/grade in Homecoming, but really he should've been a year older and another year forward in school in Homecoming. Infinty War was in 2018, so technically he would now be a Junior in high school? Possibly a Sophmore? By the next movie, if we do get a Spider-Man 3, another 2 years would pass so he would've already graduated or be a senior and graduating following this timeline?

See, too damn confusing... :lol

Plus, Holland is already in his 20's. He isn't growing anymore. So we will forever have a young looking Peter Parker in the MCU, no matter where they place him in age. Hopefully at some point he can act as a more mature Peter. He plays a good teenage Peter, not so sure how he'll be as an adult mature Peter going forward, that is if Sony allows it.

Maybe all the upcoming movies will take place in a shorter time span until actual time catches up and we are in 2023 as the MCU is still there as well.

The thing about team-ups and support in the MCU is that they make sense.

Spidey was discovered and mentored by Tony Stark. It's not like the Avengers are just going to forget about him after that.

I also love the days of a solo Spidey, taking care of his own business in a huge city, and I think there's plenty of time to see that, but in a cinematic world as connected and social as our own is, there aren't going to be a lot of lone heroes.

Agreed. Half the point of the MCU is the "U". If anyone wants Spidey adventures where he exists in a vacuum then there are three Tobey Maguire flicks and two Andrew Garfield ones. Even with IM appearing in Homecoming Spidey still never had any assistance when he faced the Vulture in direct combat.

He's still Spider-Man either way, regardless of who his supporting cast is, and I'm definitely in the camp that believes Holland is the most likable Spidey yet.

Maybe all the upcoming movies will take place in a shorter time span until actual time catches up and we are in 2023 as the MCU is still there as well.

Well, the next two coming out are the Black Widow solo film and The Eternals. From the sounds of it, both are set in the past, so that will help out a bit.

What’s great is that if you want to jump off the MCU at the end of EG they made it so you can, perfection thanks for the 11 years, goodbye.

If you want to witness what happens next all you have to do is show up for Spidey FFH.

What’s great is that if you want to jump off the MCU at the end of EG they made it so you can, perfection thanks for the 11 years, goodbye.

If you want to witness what happens next all you have to do is show up for Spidey FFH.

Yep, best of both worlds. They can do whatever wacky things they want now with multiverses, team ups, two hour musical numbers with old Cap and Tony's ghost, whatever, it'll either be sweet or completely dismissible after the perfect ending of AEG.

Peter in high school also creates a host of time line confusion. Since the MCU liked to coincide with the actual year the movie was released (other than Cap Mavel being set in the 90's). I'm curious to see how that is handled now since EG jumped 5 years into the future (2018 in IW), so it is now 2023 in the MCU. 4 years ahead of our actual time.

Homecoming was released in July 2017. Peter was 15, and I believe that would make him a Freshmen in High School. Not sure if they actually ever said what grade he was in. Civil War was a year earlier in May 2016 when he was introduced, so Peter possibly could've still been the same age/grade in Homecoming, but really he should've been a year older and another year forward in school in Homecoming. Infinty War was in 2018, so technically he would now be a Junior in high school? Possibly a Sophmore? By the next movie, if we do get a Spider-Man 3, another 2 years would pass so he would've already graduated or be a senior and graduating following this timeline?

See, too damn confusing... :lol

Plus, Holland is already in his 20's. He isn't growing anymore. So we will forever have a young looking Peter Parker in the MCU, no matter where they place him in age. Hopefully at some point he can act as a more mature Peter. He plays a good teenage Peter, not so sure how he'll be as an adult mature Peter going forward, that is if Sony allows it.

Not to mention the fact that MJ, Flash, and Aunt May are absolutely zero resemblance to their comic counterparts in looks or personality.

When Homecoming came out everyone justified the changes by saying that they were playing the long game with Holland and he and the cast would grow into the role. Well we are two movies deep into what likely will be a trilogy of solo-Spidey films and none of the characters have gotten any closer to recognizeable in development. In fact they seem to just be doubling down on all these changes and making Spiderman into Tony Stark junior. So much for his entire arc in Homecoming in realizing that he doesn't have to be a member of the Avengers to make a difference.
And as others have pointed out, Holland is already in his mid-20s. He isn't growing anymore. He is pretty much going to be stuck looking like this for his entire run.

Agreed. Half the point of the MCU is the "U". If anyone wants Spidey adventures where he exists in a vacuum then there are three Tobey Maguire flicks and two Andrew Garfield ones. Even with IM appearing in Homecoming Spidey still never had any assistance when he faced the Vulture in direct combat.

He's still Spider-Man either way, regardless of who his supporting cast is, and I'm definitely in the camp that believes Holland is the most likable Spidey yet.

toy-crying-spiderman-gift-2015-criticsight.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

And my bro just got opening night tickets.:cool:

Talk about a trailer that gives away too much... Man, they are really trying hard to continue to ride the wave from the hype from End Game with this. Maybe they are hoping more people will see it for a boost at the BO like tying Captain Mavel to IW to boost viewers. Let's be honest, if we didn't have the teaser at the end of IW making people believe the movie was tied directly to EG, I don't think Captain Mavel would have done so well. Girl power aside.

I'm still not sold on this though. First movie had Iron Man, this movie saddled with Fury & Shield. Poor Peter can't get a chance to prove himself on his own. I love this version of Spidey (Holland's Parker), but man I can't stand his fellow students. MJ, Ned, Flash.. All bad and so disappointing.

And apparently this Peter has a serious problem with keeping a secret identity. Not the brightest Peter Parker. Just like Holland who can't keep secrets and leaks stuff!!
*Shrug* was never a huge Spidey fan - looks like fun; Jake G., etc. To me they milk the IM/Spidey connection too much, for me they never seemed to have *realistically* spent THAT much time together but what do I know. The Instagram/Tumblr crowd loves Holland having a daddy. Also Iron Spider = Iron Man etc.

And "multiverse" so guess no-ones dead, REALLY.:monkey3

I really hope Mestirio is from the multiverse. This is the last film of the infinity saga, and it might give us an open ending, setting up the next chapter,or maybe the next 5 or 10 years of the MCU. IW, EG, Thanos, it can all be a tiny event compared to the endless possibilities of the multiverse. Amazing. Now I really feel bad for DC. :lol

A multiverse would be a barrier to entry for non-geeks, but provided they keep it simple -- not anymore. I think casual fans would accept it and not think too hard about it.

Back